Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014-2015 College Football Thread: A New Era Begins..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 College Football Thread: A New Era Begins..

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I'm not really sure how the ACC gets away from the terrible conference talk.

They have

Tier 1: FSU
    Tier 2: Clemson
    Tier 3 and below: Everyone else.

Not saying the Big Ten is better, but if FSU makes the ACC so much better, why can't MSU make the Big Ten so much better? And what is with Clemson always getting hype? They've never followed through on any expectations, yet year after year they're somehow back in the Top 10/15.
    After last night, the current P5 OOC records are vs each other are..

SEC 5-1
    PAC 5-2
    ACC 4-2
    B12 4-6
    B1G 1-10

You're really asking why?
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I've always liked Sagarin since KenPom doesn't do football.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...14/conference/

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Eastern MI is ranked behind a team that doesn't offer scholarships. Neat.

I'm actually going to be disappointed in the defense if they give up points tomorrow.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The ACC is a little better overall now that FSU has returned to prominence. But, it's still a rather weak conference once you get past FSU. I have to agree that Clemson is always touted a lot more than what they deliver. I mean, when the Duke Blue Devils are what you can throw at FSU in the ACC title game, that says a lot.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
            The ACC is a little better overall now that FSU has returned to prominence. But, it's still a rather weak conference once you get past FSU. I have to agree that Clemson is always touted a lot more than what they deliver. I mean, when the Duke Blue Devils are what you can throw at FSU in the ACC title game, that says a lot.
            You do realize how the ACC Title Game participants are determined right? Arguably, the top 4 teams in the ACC are all in the ACC Atlantic. Realistically, the ACC Championship game is tomorrow between Clemson and Florida State...of course, that doesn't mean the game will be any more competitive than FSU-Duke was last year. The Seminoles are clearly a step above everyone else, not only in the ACC, but pretty much everyone in the country.

As for Clemson, they have proven themselves in the past two seasons. Not sure what more one could ask for beyond winning every game. Since the 2012 season, the Tigers are 23-5. Their 5 losses? On the road against Florida State in 2012 (finished the season ranked #10), at home against South Carolina in 2012 (finished the season ranked #8), at home against Florida State in 2013 (finished the season #1), on the road against South Carolina in 2013 (finished the season #4), and then this season at Georgia (currently ranked #13). As for who they've beaten...just look at my previous post. Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Florida State, and Ohio State isn't a bad list of teams to have knocked off in the past few seasons. More importantly (from a Clemson fan's perspective), the Tigers haven't lost a game they were favored to win since 2011.

While hating on Clemson was deserved from pretty much the early 90s until 2011, the last two seasons the Tigers have been a great program. Given the great recruiting classes they have had over the past handful of seasons, and the monster class they have for next year, the Tigers are a program that is on the verge of getting back to their dominance that they had during the late 70s and 80s.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I don't really care a hoot about Clemson. I think their rock thing is kinda cool. But, they're annually oversold. They're a good program, but hardly someone who comes to mind as a national contender level program. Maybe you're right that the program is on a upward trajectory. Time will tell, but at this point they jump out to me as one of the annually overrated teams, IMHO.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                I don't really care a hoot about Clemson. I think their rock thing is kinda cool. But, they're annually oversold. They're a good program, but hardly someone who comes to mind as a national contender level program. Maybe you're right that the program is on a upward trajectory. Time will tell, but at this point they jump out to me as one of the annually overrated teams, IMHO.
                Currently, Clemson is a top 10-15 program. I'm not sure who is hyping them up as anything more than that. Do you live in South Carolina or something?
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Currently, Clemson is a top 10-15 program. I'm not sure who is hyping them up as anything more than that. Do you live in South Carolina or something?
                  Bob creates more straw men than all the cratswomen in rural America combined.

Comment

ESPN just reported Jameis Winston will miss the entire game against Clemson.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Interim president and new AD are looking like clownshoes now.

Edit: unless something new pops out
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Interim president and new AD are looking like clownshoes now.

Edit: unless something new pops out
                        The MN Vikings Strategy
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          Unless Clemson takes the lead.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Some rumors are floating around that he could get kicked off the team for lying to the president.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Lol. There is absolutely no ****ing way
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah, I don't really believe it, but who knows. He got suspended for a meme, so I guess anything is possible.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X