• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-2018 Division I Commitments

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    These may be 2017-18 recruits:

Via Twitter:

Michaela Boyle ‏@michaelaboyle16 · 50m50 minutes ago  Reading, MA
    Excited to announce my commitment to play college hockey at Clarkson University. Thanks to everyone who helped me get here ���� #goknights
    Well that is disappointing. I have seen her at a lot of NU games and heard she had a strong interest of staying in Boston with the Huskies. Also odd seeing an American on the Clarkson roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cali View Post
      The good school part is debatable.
      It can't be bad. They attract very good players and for the most part education comes first for student athletes, if it doesn't where does that leave them when the hockey ends?

Comment

Originally posted by Supernaut View Post
        It can't be bad. They attract very good players and for the most part education comes first for student athletes, if it doesn't where does that leave them when the hockey ends?
        BC attracts good players, too, so this hypothesis has a hole in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
          The good school part is debatable.
          This has been discussed countless times, and I'm sure it will be again and again. But a "good school" is so because it is a good fit for the student. Is the environment right for her? Does the school offer the degree she wants? Does it offer the classes she wants, and will she be able to get into them when she needs to? Will she learn the facts she needs to? And even this matters less than we think, because what you need to know in school and what you need to know in the working world don't overlap that much.

Don't let somebody else tell you to go to a school that doesn't feel right to you just because it ranks higher on some list. For all we know, the people that compiled the list went to "bad" schools.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I don't get the Hurst/Stoney Creek deal. Does Hurst have "1st dibs" on Stoney players or is it something else?
            After seeing the results from this weekend maybe they should start looking beyond Stoney Creek for recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by hammar22 View Post
              After seeing the results from this weekend maybe they should start looking beyond Stoney Creek for recruits.
              I believe there is only 1 girl presently on the Hurst roster with ties to Stoney Creek. Maybe 2. Not a valid statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueline55 View Post
                I believe there is only 1 girl presently on the Hurst roster with ties to Stoney Creek. Maybe 2. Not a valid statement.
                2 is correct. Bale and Accursi.
                ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cali View Post
                  2 is correct. Bale and Accursi.
                  And about 7 coming in over the next 3 yrs. 4 next yr alone.

Comment

education comes first for student athletes, if it doesn't where does that leave them when the hockey ends?
                    what rainbow do you live on?

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      what rainbow do you live on?
                      A really really special one.

Comment

Syracuse

Kristen Siermachesky.........D..........Stoney Creek MAA.......New Liskeard, On

Comment

Originally posted by Iceburg View Post
                          Minnesota

Emily Brown ................... D ................... (Blaine) .................... Blaine, MN (I think )
                          Also, as reported on the Minnesota Girls High School Hockey Forum:

Minnesota

Taylor Wente ...................F ................... (Maple Grove) ............Maple Grove, MN
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

To Clarkson

Emily Pinto................... F ................... (Mississauga) .................... Mississauga, Ontario
                            Last edited by vicb; 02-10-2015, 08:12 AM.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              Emily Pinto................... F ................... (Mississauga) .................... Mississauga, Ontario
                              Any more details?
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                                Any more details?
                                Found it here: http://www.collegecommitments.com/Co...x?x7cq9=FEMALE

And her stats: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...seasonid=13188
                                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Working...
                                X