The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
    Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Michigan State have more combined national championships than any other conference. The Big Ten had one bad season, that is all. Hope you haters enjoyed that while it lasted, because it will be the premier conference in the nation more seasons than not.
    Wisconsin and Michigan State programs are in terrible shape, Michigan hasnt been very good recently, and Minnesota is losing half of their team. Other than that the B1G is looking great though.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Re: The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right

Y'all are just as obsessed as you claim the "Butt hurt" crowd to be. Just sayin'.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Wisconsin and Michigan State programs are in terrible shape, Michigan hasnt been very good recently, and Minnesota is losing half of their team. Other than that the B1G is looking great though.
        An interesting sidebar to this is that I think that the University of Nebraska moving to the Big 10 has hurt it from a baseball perspective (as it has Creighton's baseball team by moving to the Big East).

Both teams moved to something that isn't a baseball conference and both teams would seem to be playing down to the competition level that exist in their new leagues (which is not good).

That is the problem in the Big 10 hockey conference. Nobody is going to want to play at Minnesota or Michigan if the other conference teams stink. And, a 6 team league doesn't work. Ask the CHA about how that's working out for them these days . And Michigan and Minnesota run the risk of "playing down" to the other teams in the conference who, outside of Michigan State and Wisconsin, who are both, currently, at very low points, have no track record of previous hockey success.

Michigan and Minnesota best be begging NCHC and Hockey East teams for games to potentially make them more Pairwise relevant because, I think if they don't, they are going to have more seasons as a conference that look like this past one did.

Gopher fans pooh-poohed me championing the fact that UNO signed 4 different Mr. Minnesota Hockey Finalists last year (including the winner), two that played this season and the other two arrive this fall, but, who played in the Frozen Four and who did not this year? Their contention was that no decent player sticks around to be a high school senior hockey player in Minnesota. Apparently, we now have some evidence to the contrary. UNO is going to be a legitimate title threat next season with who we have coming back and who is arriving. Barring pro defections and/or Dean Blais not being able to find somebody to play in goal, at least serviceably. UNO is a top 10 team, pre-season next season.

Are the Gophers?

The Big 10 needs to add a couple teams, desperately.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Y'all are just as obsessed as you claim the "Butt hurt" crowd to be. Just sayin'.
          Yes. As everyone knows from this board, anytime you say anything negative about something else, you have to be trolling, obsessed, or butthurt.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

I know that when I'm in a thread that is about NCHC teams and respond to a fan from a B10 team, I am typically butthurt. Why else would I, as a fan of a NCHC team, be in a thread about the NCHC?
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              I know that when I'm in a thread that is about NCHC teams and respond to a fan from a B10 team, I am typically butthurt. Why else would I, as a fan of a NCHC team, be in a thread about the NCHC?
              Makes total sense to me.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I think we will soon find out how valuable Massa was to UNO's success this year. Some big shoes to fill

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Right now they've got one title appearance to NCHC's zero and they're both tied at zero. Last year wasn't very good either and it's clear that the conference's big talk before the last couple years isn't going to be as great as once thought. They've got an uphill climb, not many players want to be play in some of their lackluster buildings and programs. I believe you're a gopher fan so you're probably not enjoying playing teams you don't care about. Have fun with 4 pm games at OSU.
                  What are you talking about? The Gophers aren't playing teams I don't care about. I care about all of the Big Ten teams more so than I care about any of the Gophers' former WCHA conference mates. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the WCHA very much. But the creation of the Big Ten hockey conference was a step towards much bigger and better things. Don't let a single down year distort the big picture.
                  National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                  National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                    What are you talking about? The Gophers aren't playing teams I don't care about. I care about all of the Big Ten teams more so than I care about any of the Gophers' former WCHA conference mates. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the WCHA very much. But the creation of the Big Ten hockey conference was a step towards much bigger and better things. Don't let a single down year distort the big picture.
                    You're the only one who believes this. How is the conference going to be better for those teams?
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

You're the only one who believes this. How is the conference going to be better for those teams?
                      Because if they were in the CCHA and old WCHA they wouldn't even make the NCAA tournament. At least now with their inferior league one of their terrible teams has to make it.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Conference composite schedule released:
                        http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/d...games_only.pdf
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

It is better in two ways:

1. Hockey is now consistent with all other sports on campus in regards to conference affiliation.
                          2. Other Big Ten schools (like Illinois, Iowa, etc...) are now much more likely than they to start up D1 hockey programs within the relatively near future.
                          National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                          National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

1. Hockey is now consistent with all other sports on campus in regards to conference affiliation.
                            2. Other Big Ten schools (like Illinois, Iowa, etc...) are now much more likely than they to start up D1 hockey programs within the relatively near future.
                            1. Most fans don't care and many Gopher fans I know actually hate that it is all the Big Ten now.
                            2. According to whom? Remember, they can't just start a men's team because with Title IX, a women's sport must be added as well. Good luck getting the money to do it.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

1. How does that matter?
                              2. You can thank the NCHC for that one

Those are some pretttyyyy pretttyyyyy preetttyyyy weak excuses.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

1. How does that matter?
                                2. You can thank the NCHC for that one

Those are some pretttyyyy pretttyyyyy preetttyyyy weak excuses.
                                While I certainly respect your right to an opinion, that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I stand by what I stated previously.

23 > 21

Comment

Working...
                                X