Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    It's still beautiful what people in the middle of the US call "western".
    Even more beautiful that he thinks the NCHC has to "steal" attention away from the likes of UAA, UAF and Air Force.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Dissension and anarchy abound in the Grand Forks dining scene! Olive Garden snubbed!

http://theculturetrip.com/north-amer...urants-diners/
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
        of course I'm referring to the school in oxford that likes to imagine that they're not really a state school. but I'll grant you this: they do have a couple of things that the rest of the MAC doesn't. yep, delusion and pretension.

one conference tournament, and that's good enough for the NCHC to spread its legs? so much for "standards", eh? ouch.

#MACschoolsWithPretension #NCHCsnookered

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          I'm of the opinion that Miami shouldn't be in the NCHC. The league is placing an expensive bet that the program is going to be a top 10 perennial program. And if Miami wasn't in...would WMU be in? For a number of reasons, Kato should have absolutely been invited along with the best of northern MI. Kato is going to be at least on par with Miami and WMU over the long haul...
          This is one of the most delusional things I've ever read. Blasi and Gwozdecky basically formed this league so everyone else was "invited" as part of the "like-mindedness" whether you agree with it or not (see below for why). Oh and lest we forget Miami destroyed Mankato in the NCAA's just two springs ago.

Miami's commitment to hockey, resources, money, facilities, academic stature, all Division I status (as well as Western Michigan's) and school size help float all other boats in a league full of non-football playing, lower division schools (though with what will be a 20-game losing streak after Saturday night, you could make a reasonable argument that Miami doesn't play football either -- but our tradition on the gridiron is worth a Google search should you be so inclined -- BG fans conveniently forget that the only MAC team the Falcons have a losing record against is Miami).

But, to the issue at hand, clearly you haven't been paying attention to what's been happening in Oxford, Ohio over the last 15 years because Miami is a perennial Top-10 program that had a dysfunctional season last year. And, considering that, still was a goal away from winning the conference tournament.
          http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post

Miami's commitment to hockey, resources, money, facilities, academic stature, all Division I status (as well as Western Michigan's) and school size help float all other boats in a league...
            Please elaborate - how exactly does Miami and Western float all other boats in the league? Is it the huge TV contracts they get us or the large alumni base that flocks to the Frozen Faceoff?

Comment

Originally posted by nodak651 View Post
              Please elaborate - how exactly does Miami and Western float all other boats in the league? Is it the huge TV contracts they get us or the large alumni base that flocks to the Frozen Faceoff?
              I can already see it, this thread is going to backfire on Biddy. Instead of getting WCHA fans to whine about the NCHC, NCHC fans are going to fight with NCHC fans. Ain't no one better claim any team is carrying this league besides UND!
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                I can already see it, this thread is going to backfire on Biddy. Instead of getting WCHA fans to whine about the NCHC, NCHC fans are going to fight with NCHC fans. Ain't no one better claim any team is carrying this league besides UND!
                Don't make too much of this. We had an idiot from Ohio posting for the WCHA, and you had an idiot from Ohio try to start an internal squabble. All this thread has really shown is that Ohio is full of idiots, and I think both conferences already knew that.

Comment

Oh you know some Denver fan will try...
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Dear Nachos,
                    I hate you all, and feel no need to justify or rationally explain the reasons.
                    Anybody who gets their panties in a twist about it...big ***** deal.

PS: No logical person could read the title of this thread as anything other than an invite for Nacho haters.
                    I'm glad to oblige.
                    Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                      Trust me when I say that Miami and WMU are second guessing their decision to join. The exorbitant cost of travel has hardly been offset by playing teams that nobody outside of hockey knows anything about. Attendance at home games has been anything but stellar. In a few years when the CCHA reforms (and it will) don't be surprised if those two say C-Ya! to the NCHC.

I don't hate the NCHC but I won't feel the least bit sorry for you when your league comes crashing down because it is unsustainable.
                      Let Miami and WMU leave, MSUM, BSU or whoever would join and the league would continue on, seamlessly. It had been rumored at one time that MSUM and BSU were headed to the NCHC, but that rumor went away.
                      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                      Eric's Twitter
                      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by redhawk95 View Post
                        This is one of the most delusional things I've ever read. Blasi and Gwozdecky basically formed this league so everyone else was "invited" as part of the "like-mindedness" whether you agree with it or not (see below for why).
                        If I am not mistaken, with the formation of the B1G, Gwoz called UND AD Brian Faison and this thing snowballed from there.
                        Last edited by Goon; 09-26-2014, 08:20 AM.
                        Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                        Eric's Twitter
                        The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                          Trust me when I say that Miami and WMU are second guessing their decision to join. The exorbitant cost of travel has hardly been offset by playing teams that nobody outside of hockey knows anything about. Attendance at home games has been anything but stellar. In a few years when the CCHA reforms (and it will) don't be surprised if those two say C-Ya! to the NCHC.

I don't hate the NCHC but I won't feel the least bit sorry for you when your league comes crashing down because it is unsustainable.
                          Probably the dumbest crap I have read in a long time...though most other responses in this dump of a thread are pretty close...

Comment

Oh great. This cannot be happening. Let's remember why we I started that thread title.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Oh great. This cannot be happening. Let's remember why we I started that thread title.
                              Who's we I?
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Who's we I?
                                A friend of ours.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X