Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
    I think, and I think most people would agree, that Dean Blais is an enormous intangible when evaluating our program or our team. We were picked last, last season, and finished 3rd. This is easily the best recruiting class, on paper, in UNO school history. No other class even comes close. Next year's is already right up there, too.
    You have a very talented team but WAY too much of that talent is underclassmen. Despite being picked 8th in last year's preseason poll, I thought UNO would contend for the last home-ice spot. This year after losing Archibald, Walters, Megna, Seeler, Montpetit, Young, Searfoss and Raubenheimer, and still no answer in between the pipes, I wouldn't be surprised if they finished dead last.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Big fan of the picture in picture feature on NCHCtv stream
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Big fan of the picture in picture feature on NCHCtv stream
        I liked that too. I'm looking forward to using it a lot this season.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

This is why UAA wasn't invited along to join a good hockey conference.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Bowling Green 3, Miami 2.
            SOG 37-23 in BG's favor.
            Oh How I Hate Miami State, and all their 'so-called' superior conference mates.
            Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

BSU 5, UND 1

Thus far the NCHC has been, um, unimpressive. There's another word that comes to mind but I'll keep that one to myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                BSU 5, UND 1

Thus far the NCHC has been, um, unimpressive. There's another word that comes to mind but I'll keep that one to myself.
                I'm guessing that word was "early".
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                  BSU 5, UND 1

Not from our perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    I'm guessing that word was "early".
                    Nope. And it's early for all of us.

Comment

Stupid purple cows had to put a slight damper on things....

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                        Stupid purple cows had to put a slight damper on things....
                        I'll admit to your trolling that it was a craptacular day for the conference. 2-5 with loses to Canisus, BGSU, BSU...although Loses to UMTC, Colgate will happen.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          I'll admit to your trolling
                          The title of this thread invites trolling. Get used to it.

Comment

What's so super about the "SuperLeague?" Lose 5 of 7 and one of the 2 wins was barely beating the team the win just 2 games a year ago.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              What's so super about the "SuperLeague?" Lose 5 of 7 and one of the 2 wins was barely beating the team the win just 2 games a year ago.
                              It's ability to get under your skin. It's remarkable really.

Stick to complaining about your subpar WCHA.tv.
                              tUMD Hockey

Comment

North Dakota and Miami sure deserved those high preseason rankings.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X