Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The NCHC Year Two: Haters Please Form A Queue to the Right

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
    Whatever, don't take it too hard when that statement is proved wrong.
    NCHC was 15-4-6 against the WCHA last year. 12-4-6 if you don't want to count games against UAH. So....I guess I will believe it when I see it.
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

We'll check back with you at the end of the season.
      Last edited by Goon; 09-26-2014, 11:14 AM.
      Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
      Eric's Twitter
      The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
        We'll check back with you at the end of the season.
        Wait the comment was can't beat any teams outside of it. So it was not 0 wins against the NCHC already last year which what I recall was primarily road games. That record should improve for the WCHA with some home games.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Absolutely. But the problem is UNO lost a of people. And it's tough to win a lot of games with freshman carrying the load
          True enough, and, our schedule is pretty brutal in the first half.

The Purple Cows at home, runaway winners of the WCHA pre-season poll. At Cornell, who received a 1st place vote in the ECAC pre-season poll. Away at North Dakota, winners of the NCHC pre-season poll. At St Cloud State. Home against Miami, a trip to Ohio State, etc.

That said, I think this is a team that improves as the season wears on. I'll be interested in seeing how well we compete and how competitive these 1/2 half games are because all those freshman are going to play and play a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            Did Blais recruit a goalie?
            Yup.

Brock Crossthwhaite:

http://www.omavs.com/ViewArticle.dbm...B_OEM_ID=31400

Good question because the nets have been our biggest Achilles heel since Coach Blais arrived here, the issue bordering on the ridiculous. My hope is that Crossthwaite is good enough to take Massa's job and does so.

Comment

You do realize that college hockey is not like point spreads in Vegas, right? Just because LSSU loses to UND by less than seven goals doesn't mean the Lakers get to count the game as a win.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                True enough, and, our schedule is pretty brutal in the first half.
                Obligatory: "Yeah, but have you seen SCSU's first half schedule!"
                scsuhockey.com
                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Wait the comment was can't beat any teams outside of it. So it was not 0 wins against the NCHC already last year which what I recall was primarily road games. That record should improve for the WCHA with some home games.
                  It was an interesting statement, we will check back at the end of the year.
                  Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                    Just win baby...
                    Eric's Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                      Wow.

No, I hadn't.

Great googly moogly.

Comment

Your comment was that the NCHC sucked last year and will this year. My argument is that we stomped your conference last year so why are you talking crap?
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          Your comment was that the NCHC sucked last year and will this year. My argument is that we stomped your conference last year so why are you talking crap?
                          Don't try and confuse the issue with facts and statistics.
                          I don't care what your records are.
                          Your conference sucks sweaty balls.
                          Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                            Don't try and confuse the issue with facts and statistics.
                            I don't care what your records are.
                            Your conference sucks sweaty balls.
                            The bitterness from you guys is both hilarious and sad.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I guess I don't really understand why Miami is getting so much hate. I still think they get pretty good recruitment. They just had a bad year and sometimes when you start on the wrong foot, everything seems to go wrong. I'm not sure I've seen a team have so much go wrong in one season as 13-14 Miami. To me, I'd be much more concerned about CC. What happened to this program? They haven't been relevant in years. To me, the bottom teams in the NCHC are Western Michigan and CC going forward. UMD, SCSU, and UNO will probably fight for the middle spots most years (although I realize SCSU has been good the last couple years), while I see UND, Miami, and Denver most consistently competing at the top of the league.

As for Mankato, I think realignment will be a good thing for them. I see them consistently being at the top of the WCHA which they weren't in the old WCHA. They have the challenge cup thing every year with the other Minnesota schools which basically replicates the Final Five. As long as they can continue to keep games with SCSU, UMD, UMinn, I don't think much has changed for them except they will actually start making the tournament frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Sioux_fan View Post
                                To me, the bottom teams in the NCHC are Western Michigan and CC going forward. UMD, SCSU, and UNO will probably fight for the middle spots most years (although I realize SCSU has been good the last couple years), while I see UND, Miami, and Denver most consistently competing at the top of the league.
                                Care to provide some basis for this statement?

Comment

Working...
                                X