Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL 2014-15: Iron Fist Getting Rusty?

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Because 20 year old Hooters waitresses are people too, MNS.
    Even I know he wouldn't want to play in StL. I mean:

sit on bench, collect money.
    start, and show his ineptitude, prob collect less money

I'd know my preference.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      Better idea: do it, STL. I dare you. Cross that line. Sign Timothy Richard Tebow.

...actually scratch that, the Christian and the gay guy on the same team would send ESPN to DEFCON 1.
      I'd actually want to see that because it may mean ESPN implodes on itself. I can picture a Doctor Who episode centering on trying to fix the anomaly caused by it.
      Twitter: DanMountSports
      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        According to a person with knowledge of Sanchez's thinking. Why does that pass for a source these days?
        The best I have seen is during the whole Tiger Woods thing
        "A source with a friend who knows someone with knowledge of the situation says Tiger is in trouble"
        And this passed as actual news.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Comment

Josh Gordon suspended for a year.

Comment

The NFL makes it official. Smoking weed is 8 times worse than knocking your girlfriend unconscious.

Comment

Yeah, CBA be ****ed.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Yeah, CBA be ****ed.
                Why is the NFL even testing for this?? Do they think marijuana is a performance enhancing drug? It is legal in 2 NFL cities. Are they going to outlaw alcohol too? That's more addictive than weed.

The NFL's drug policy is 10 times more restrictive than the IOC policy. Want to know how Gordon failed this test?

Go eat a sesame seed bun then take a urine test. Bet you fail.

ETA: Also, nothing in the CBA says Goodell couldn't have sat Rice for more games.
                Last edited by Priceless; 08-27-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Weird. Alcohol is legal in at least 50 states and yet they still have punishments for it.

Prater was going to be suspended for a year until they negotiated it down to four games.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If I'm Cleveland's GM, I start openly throwing games. This is a joke.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Re: NFL 2014-15: Iron Fist Getting Rusty?

Weird. Alcohol is legal in at least 50 states and yet they still have punishments for it.

Prater was going to be suspended for a year until they negotiated it down to four games.
                      For drinking alcohol, or for drinking alcohol and then doing something like drive a car while drunk? I'm pretty sure that's against the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        If I'm Cleveland's GM, I start openly throwing games. This is a joke.
                        They aren't good enough to throw games

Comment

Sudafed is a legal drug and it's covered in the banned substances list. There are a lot of legal drugs included on the list.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            For drinking alcohol, or for drinking alcohol and then doing something like drive a car while drunk? I'm pretty sure that's against the law.
                            He is now suspended 4 games for drinking alcohol, because he was in the program due to driving while drunk 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Why is the NFL even testing for this?? Do they think marijuana is a performance enhancing drug? It is legal in 2 NFL cities. Are they going to outlaw alcohol too? That's more addictive than weed.

The NFL's drug policy is 10 times more restrictive than the IOC policy. Want to know how Gordon failed this test?

Go eat a sesame seed bun then take a urine test. Bet you fail.

ETA: Also, nothing in the CBA says Goodell couldn't have sat Rice for more games.
                              16 games compared with 2 when it's weed vs. punchung a woman is ridiculous, but separating out the two situations Gordon is an idiot. He was dismissed from Baylor in 2011 for failing a drug test, he was suspended for 2 games with Cleveland in 2013, he got a DUI In May and now another failed drug test.

In fact not only has this Monson guy retracted that Tweet (the test results were much different) but he's now claiming the test level could be from a contact high. Really? How many failed tests does Gordon have to have before he himself never mind his apologists get it?

I think it's a silly rule in the grand scheme of things - and certainly this suspension looks outrageous compared with Rice - but he knows the rules, he already has a history of breaking them and when your livelihood depends upon putting the bong away? Just another situation where if common sense prevailed this wouldn't be a topic for discussion.
                              Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-27-2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                16 games compared with 2 when it's weed vs. punchung a woman is ridiculous, but separating out the two situations, Gordon is an idiot. He was dismissed from Baylor in 2011 for failing a drug test, he was suspended for 2 games with Cleveland in 2013, he got a DUI In May and now another failed drug test.

In fact not only has this Monson guy retracted that Tweet (the test results were much different) but he's now claiming the test level could be from a contact high. Really? How many failed tests does Gordon have to have before he himself never mind his apologists get it?

I think it's a silly rule in the grand scheme of things - and certainly this suspension looks outrageous compared with Rice - but he knows the rules, he already has a history of breaking them and when your livelihood depends upon putting the bong away? I liked weed as much as the next guy, but my company can require a test at any given time and therefore for 10 years I've made sure that won't matter. And I don't make squat compared with an NFL player.
                                I'm pretty sure you have to kill your wife to get 16.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X