Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Norbert College, 2014-15 - The Drive for Five

While SNC is playing better, I am still concerned a bit

The pp scored a few times but given that 8 minute pp I would have hoped for more than one goal. IIRC, we had majors against CSS and MSOE we couldn't convert on.

And while it appeared Lawrence was doing its best to be annoying and chippy, what bothers me is SNC seemed to take the bait and took some undisciplined penalties.

Good that playing better - you can only beat who is on the schedule and they did a very good job shutting down Lawrence offensively - but the competition is just going to get tougher. And I am not trying to be a negative Nancy - just worrying, I guess, going forward.
    St. Norbert College Green Knights
    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    ---
    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Just keep winning!! and enjoy the ride..
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
        While SNC is playing better, I am still concerned a bit

The pp scored a few times but given that 8 minute pp I would have hoped for more than one goal. IIRC, we had majors against CSS and MSOE we couldn't convert on.

And while it appeared Lawrence was doing its best to be annoying and chippy, what bothers me is SNC seemed to take the bait and took some undisciplined penalties.

Good that playing better - you can only beat who is on the schedule and they did a very good job shutting down Lawrence offensively - but the competition is just going to get tougher. And I am not trying to be a negative Nancy - just worrying, I guess, going forward.
        Nancy…just kidding! Coghlin rolled his lines on the PP this weekend. You had the 4th line out there for much of it. Against LF or MSOE you can bet he isn't rolling lines on the PP. Coghlin also sat some key guys at the end of both games.

Kujo didn't face many shots; however, he came up a huge a couple of times. I really like what we are seeing out of him these last two weeks. That being said, we are still just one L away from being done for the year. Gotta keep the foot on the throttle!

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
          SNC appears to be getting their mojo back after posting their third straight shutout win this weekend (5 - 0 and 6 - 0 over Lawrence).
          It is just the ninth time in D3 history that a team has run off three consecutive shutouts and the fifth time in SNC history: Jones with three, Jacobson with one and now Kujava.
          Kujava looks to be getting more confidant in net. He has five shutouts this season in his 10 starts....pretty amazing stat there..
          Just keep winning!!!
          It must be a historic month for D3 Hockey...Plattsburgh just had 3 shutouts in a row earlier this month.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
            It is just the ninth time in D3 history that a team has run off three consecutive shutouts
            I think that quote is slightly off. The actual stat is 3 consecutive shutouts by a goalie, not a team. And, yes, Rouleau's three consecutive shutouts earlier this month are included in that nine. Last year Eau Claire ran off five consecutive shut outs; however, there was not three in a row by one tender in that mix.

Comment

I'm realistic about strengths and weaknesses for this group so I'm just going to enjoy another game and go from there.
              Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
              2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
              2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
              Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Saturday's second goal was pretty:
                http://fox11online.com/2015/02/21/st...past-lawrence/
                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                ---
                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

That may be the best SNC has looked for a complete weekend since the break. Time to put the foot on the gas from the opening puck drop and keep it there for as long as this ride lasts. Excited for next Saturday's semi final and hopefully beyond...

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                    As much as I have ranted in the past on the lack of coverage from fox11 on SNC hockey vs. the other local channels, I have to give fox11 props on this one. Great footage and comments from the sports guy. Hope they and the other locals step up for the additional playoff game(s).
                    SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                      That may be the best SNC has looked for a complete weekend since the break. Time to put the foot on the gas from the opening puck drop and keep it there for as long as this ride lasts. Excited for next Saturday's semi final and hopefully beyond...
                      They certainly look more focused defensively and look like they have a renewed purpose as the underdog role that others want to place on them. They must continue to focus on each game as win or else. Go SNC!
                      SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

If interested room block for SNC Fans expires tonight/early Wed morning 2-25 at the Residence Inn at the Depot:
                        $135 rate - Studio Suite - http://www.marriott.com/mspmw?groupC...toDate=3/29/15
                        $135 rate - One-Bedroom Suite - http://www.marriott.com/mspmw?groupC...toDate=3/29/15
                        $229 rate - Two-Bedroom Suite - http://www.marriott.com/mspmw?groupC...toDate=3/29/15

Comment

Originally posted by GBhockeygal View Post
                          If interested room block for SNC Fans expires tonight/early Wed morning 2-25 at the Residence Inn at the Depot:
                          $135 rate - Studio Suite - http://www.marriott.com/mspmw?groupC...toDate=3/29/15
                          $135 rate - One-Bedroom Suite - http://www.marriott.com/mspmw?groupC...toDate=3/29/15
                          $229 rate - Two-Bedroom Suite - http://www.marriott.com/mspmw?groupC...toDate=3/29/15

Let's hope this is necessary!

Comment

Originally posted by snc11 View Post
                            Let's hope this is necessary!
                            let's just say I set this up last summer................I like to be prepared; we stayed here last time it was in twin cities, worked out nice..............I also have booked room over in Adrian for next weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by GBhockeygal View Post
                              let's just say I set this up last summer................I like to be prepared; we stayed here last time it was in twin cities, worked out nice..............I also have booked room over in Adrian for next weekend
                              We hope to see you back here next weekend too.

Comment

Congrats to Fiala, Thompson, Cullen Bradshaw, Hill and Jacobson for making the NCHA Season Honors list..
                                Also Campbell on the all rookie team..
                                Last edited by pete99race; 02-28-2015, 11:39 AM.
                                SNC Men:
                                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                                SNC Women:
                                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X