Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Norbert College, 2014-15 - The Drive for Five

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
    We just got confirmation from the SNC SID, that the Oct. 25 scrimmage with UW is CLOSED to the public.
    What a joke!!! I understand that UW is hosting this event and can set the rules any which way they like.
    But it surely stonewalls the hockey fans in Wisconsin of the chance to witness this match up in person..
    I've never heard someone cry so much over the fact they can't drive a few hours to watch a 7-1 loss.
    I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
      I've never heard someone cry so much over the fact they can't drive a few hours to watch a 7-1 loss.
      I get it, UW's decision to close that exhibition to the public was simply to spare SNC some public embarrassment. I like it!

I hope your Pointers extend the same courtesy to SNC the next time they have an opportunity to exact revenge on them for being controlled in last seasons title game. But in all honesty, 2nd place was a remarkably fortunate finish for Point last season (you did see their semifinal game vs Oswego, right?)

Two can play this trollin' game...
      Last edited by altazo; 10-06-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

If the Pointers found themselves in the same position as SNC, I doubt if their fans would be any less vocal about this contest being closed to the public....
        both SNC and Point have a strong fan base that would like to travel, no matter the distance, to support their team.
        7 -- 1....I don't think so....SNC plays better D than that!!
        By the way, I would not be surprised if several freshmen get some playing time vs. the Badgers.
        From what I have seen, this year's group will fit very nicely into the Green Knight system...or should I say the "Coghlin System".
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Really embarrassing to know that someone wants to enjoy watching their team play and isn't happy they are being denied a chance they thought they had and should have. Here's a simple solution if you don't like it. Don't read the thread if it's too much for you.
          Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
          2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
          2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
          Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

this is what happens when the season doesnt start until the end of Oct......I put this in another thread, the other colleges are playing, the women are,the kids are,the jr's are,mens leagues,pee wees are,and street hockey is going strong, and the ponds will probably be buzzing b4 D3......

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              this is what happens when the season doesnt start until the end of Oct......I put this in another thread, the other colleges are playing, the women are,the kids are,the jr's are,mens leagues,pee wees are,and street hockey is going strong, and the ponds will probably be buzzing b4 D3......
              Doesn't D-III start later in all sports?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Doesn't D-III start later in all sports?
                The way I understand it D-III does not want regular seasons of sports overlapping. Playoffs are hard to control for teams that go deep toward the championship.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                  As bizarre as it sounds, it seems as though it is some UW fans who most want this scrimmage (or practice, or however you want to minimize it) to be closed to the public...
                  after dropping 2 this weekend to both the Alaska teams, U of W may not want any fans at any of their games

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    after dropping 2 this weekend to both the Alaska teams, U of W may not want any fans at any of their games
                    On a side note, I looked at the box scores for those two games on collegehockeystats and I like what they've done by adding where to view games on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
                      Really embarrassing to know that someone wants to enjoy watching their team play and isn't happy they are being denied a chance they thought they had and should have. Here's a simple solution if you don't like it. Don't read the thread if it's too much for you.
                      How about I read what I want to when I want to? Is that ok with you, grandpa?

I get it, UW's decision to close that exhibition to the public was simply to spare SNC some public embarrassment. I like it!

I hope your Pointers extend the same courtesy to SNC the next time they have an opportunity to exact revenge on them for being controlled in last seasons title game. But in all honesty, 2nd place was a remarkably fortunate finish for Point last season (you did see their semifinal game vs Oswego, right?)

Two can play this trollin' game...
                      What does Point have to do with a St. Norbert scrimmage against Wisconsin? Since you proved yourself incapable of addressing the larger point, I'll address yours and point out that taking 40 shots from along the wall near the blue line really doesn't mean the team controlled the game. It means the defense forced it into doing exactly what it wanted to. Both teams had their chances and stretches where they controlled play in that game but to claim Oswego "controlled" it because they were impatient and rattled off dozens of very low percentage shots is pretty much a nonstarter. Anything else you'd care to add?
                      I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Both teams had their chances and stretches where they controlled play in that game but to claim Oswego "controlled" it because they were impatient and rattled off dozens of very low percentage shots is pretty much a nonstarter. Anything else you'd care to add?
                        Just that your reading comprehension is lousy. I said it was SNC who controlled Point in the title game, not Oswego. I simply said Point was lucky to even advance to the title game.

I ended that post by saying I was trolling you right back, and you still bit?

Get it?
                        Last edited by altazo; 10-15-2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Just that your reading comprehension is lousy. I said it was SNC who controlled Point in the title game, not Oswego. I simply said Point was lucky to even advance to the title game.

I ended that post by saying I was trolling you right back, and you still bit?

Get it?
                          I'd score that response as a big win for the man from Utah.
                          2011-2012 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM CHAMPION
                          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA PICK'EM 2ND PLACE
                          THE NCHA -ADRIAN-AURORA-CONCORDIA (WI)-FINLANDIA-LAKE FOREST-LAWRENCE-MARIAN-MSOE-NORTHLAND-ST. NORBERT-ST. SCHOLASTICA

Comment

drop that puck already its getting ugly........we wouldnt have this problem if D3 started like every other league that plays with a puck or street hockey ball.

Comment

Apparently it only takes 4 national championships to for the SNC thread to get 70+ post before the season starts. Ugly or not, I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                                Apparently it only takes 4 national championships to for the SNC thread to get 70+ post before the season starts. Ugly or not, I'll take it.
                                i meant the bickering in the above posts are getting ugly due to no hockey when everyone else is need deep in it......as for SNC they are defending champs again until further notice

Comment

Working...
                                X