Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give Advice On Posts from The Grinding Gears Thread: Delicate Sensibilities be Dammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone need advice on how to make a killer banana bread?
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Re: Give Advice On Posts from The Grinding Gears Thread: Delicate Sensibilities be Da

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Google turns up some pretty interesting sites for that number. What's the story behind it?
      Hint: It's the last 7 digits that actually matter.

Comment

Re: Give Advice On Posts from The Grinding Gears Thread: Delicate Sensibilities be Da

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I have always liked my french toast savory, not sweet. Sue me.
        Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        It sounds like maybe you're eating more of a Michigan toast and not french toast if you're going for something savory.
        First time I heard of savory French toast was from Cooking Channel host Laura Calder, and she's Canadian...
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
          Anyone need advice on how to make a killer banana bread?
          I hear Alaskans know the best recipe.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

307-760-1376
            (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Go smoke up while being a nurse. /lovethelifechoice
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                I hear Alaskans know the best recipe.
                It's quite tremendous. Got busloads of ski bunnies lined up outside just hoping to grab a slab of this...banana bread.
                I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

five two eight ohhhh.

you mad tho?
                  (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                    four two zero. ohhhh.

you mad tho?
                    Fixed.

Comment

Do not touch Willie...

Good Advice!
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Chili Pepper Heat Ratings in Scoville Units

The link shows a variety of peppers based on this measurement.

The hottest one listed was from India, Bhut Jolokia, with over 1 million Scoville units.

# 2 on their list was habanero, at 300,000 SU.

Jalapeno checks in at 55,000 SU, and cayenne at 40,000 SU.

oh, yes....their advice: if you eat a pepper that's too hot for you, don't drink water, drink milk.
                        That list is not accurate. Jalapenos are not that hot, they're around 5,000 SU.
                        http://www.pepperscale.com/
                        I know this for certain because cayenne and anything hotter could kill me. Jalapenos are just fine though. Stupid allergies.

Also, though I'm late to the party, ketchup is great on everything, except chocolate.
                        Ketchup with:
                        fries - check
                        burger - check
                        eggs - ewww eggs
                        hot dog - check
                        bratwurst - check (although a dijon mustard would be good instead, but never yellow mustard, yellow mustard is icky).
                        chicken - check
                        potato chips - check
                        steak - no. good steak needs no condiment
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Ketchup should never go on a hot dog or a brat, unless you're under the age of 8.
                          Ketchup, under no circumstance, should ever go on eggs. That's just nasty.
                          Steak should never even have a sauce to dip in if you're doing it right, but ketchup shall be barred from the list of sauces, unless you were my grandpa who would grill his extremely well done and then used ketchup to help with the extreme dryness.

Allowable, though not preferred, uses:
                          Hashbrowns- I find they taste better without
                          Chicken- Why wouldn't you choose BBQ sauce?

WTF category:
                          French toast
                          Not ketchup, but a family in my hometown would put mayonnaise on their hot dogs.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

WTF category:
                            Not ketchup, but a family in my hometown would put mayonnaise on their hot dogs.
                            That's a Southern thing apparently... I've had several places in Knoxville, TN, Myrtle Beach, SC, and various places in Florida ask me if I wanted mayo with a hot dog... The first couple of times I made a *** face similar to this ---> + when I was asked....
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Just about the only things that ketchup actually tastes good on are burgers and brats/dogs, I only rarely use it on fries or other potato variations. I will put ketchup on my hot dogs and brats, and I don't give an f what everyone thinks.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

My advice is to let people decide what they like to use as a sauce on their own. Making a hard and fast rule is just silly and may only be used by in-breds.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X