Boston Frozen Four tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

Priority 16 - Section 306, Row 1 , I purchased 4 seats, $205 each. $250 for the lower bowl is not worth it. The first row in the balcony is excellent for hockey. Just make sure you get seats in the middle of the row.. the first seat or 2 in the first row has a glass pane at viewing level. Not good. Good luck to everyone with your picks.

Comment

Priority 16 - we prefer lower level so I was able to get 4 seats in Loge 7. But I need 2 more tickets (kids decided they wanted to go this time) If anyone is getting only 2 tickets, would you get 2 more for me and I'll send you the $. Or if anyone has 2 extra, I will take those. thanks

Comment

Priority 16- Was able to get 3 seats in Loge 20 on the aisle. Only 3 rows back from where I was last year. Not bad for Boston.
        Corner seats in Loge 20 are only in the top few rows. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Priority 16, got 4 seats near the top of loge 7; put in "best available" to see what would come up. That section is fine for me, we usually get seats behind the goal high up on the lower level.

Comment

Originally posted by eddieras View Post
            i'm a priority 18 and since going to seat selection my seats have been less than desired. I used to always get seats on the blueline and since this new system i've been pushed back to the corners. However, i logged on first thing at 10am friday and got Loge 1, row 18 - Center Ice-- i was shocked!...Not sure how this happened- anyone else get center ice?
            Two possibilities:
            1. You're just messing with us; or
            2. This lottery had a winner after all, and that would be you.

Hoping for the latter.

I was also shocked at the price - $250 per tix!
            Everyone has their own crystal ball, but I absolutely expected this. Over the years the NCAA has used tournaments in St. Paul and Boston as an opportunity to push up the price. IIRC the primary price point in Philly was $230. For it to move up $10 per session in Boston is no surprise.

For me, it's the two extreme price points that are surprising. They just don't mesh with the Frozen Four Fan Base. Asking $600 for glass seats for our tournament strikes me as a ludicrous mismatch. Certainly our crowd includes some well-funded individuals, but those folks have upscale packages available to them. And while I don't want overgeneralize, most of that crowd will be more comfortable in the suites than the glass.

In contrast, most of us are in the lottery because we hope to parlay a loyal purchasing history into better seats. We're price sensitive, and are hoping some "sweat equity" will keep our overall costs in line. Anyone who can painlessly drop $300 for a single ticket probably isn't going to bother slogging through the priority process. Again, not wanting to overgeneralize, but that sort of fan will just call the ticket broker and "pay what it takes."

Now about the $160 nosebleed seats. To me, the decision to include that price point is more political than economic. It's as if the NCAA wants to send a "we feel your pain" message to those who have been objecting to the ever-increasing prices. But for Priority Holders, it's a meaningless gesture. Let's walk through it. The buyer has been attending the FF annually for years; it's always one of the highlights on his sports calendar. Maybe THE highlight. He's willing travel hundreds of miles. He's willing to take multiple days off work. He's spending hundreds of dollars on the trip. Part of that is spent on apparel and momentos before the first puck is even dropped. Those items must be purchased right away because he can't take a chance that the good stuff will sell out early. There's your typical FF Priority Holder. And the NCAA thinks that type of fan wants to sit in awful nosebleed seats to save $45? Please.

Good Upper Bowl seats at a savings, yes. But Bad Upper Bowl seats? Most of the regulars would rather skip a year than make that purchase. Some wind up on the secondary market. Some stay home and watch on TV. Some get disgusted and drop out permanently. The $160 seats are for the one-and-done fan, period.

Of course the lower price WILL benefit local buyers on a budget, who just want a taste of the action. But from an economic perspective, why do this? The tournament will almost certainly sell out either way. Why leave money on the table? The NCAA has repeatedly shown that very little is sacred if there's money to be made. The only answer I can think of is political compromise. Why do I say that? If the NCAA truly wanted to do something meaningful for it's most loyal FF fans, it would return a blue line section or two to the Public Allotment. But that would require a real financial sacrifice. Not happening. But hoping to avoid some portion of the PR hit caused by higher prices, a token gesture is made.

Put another way, the NCAA is willing to reach out and do something for the one-and-dones, but not the core FF Fan Base. That hurts a bit.

My two cents.

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
            Has anyone not received their reminder notice the day before their order day? I got the 1st notice in Aug. and should have gotten the reminder yesterday, but so far have not gotten it. Just want to know if this is just a glitch or a bigger issue. Any info will be appreciated,
            You're not alone, and it's an annoying glitch to be sure. But rather than fight that battle, just use the information in this thread and proceed to the ordering process. Yes, the e-mail gives you a direct link to the log-in. But you can get the same info and accomplish the same thing with this link:

http://www.ncaa.com/championships/ic...ts-hospitality

One more click -- on your Priority Level -- and you're at the login page. Best of luck.
            Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-01-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by steven22 View Post
              Priority 16 - Section 306, Row 1 , I purchased 4 seats, $205 each. $250 for the lower bowl is not worth it. The first row in the balcony is excellent for hockey. Just make sure you get seats in the middle of the row.. the first seat or 2 in the first row has a glass pane at viewing level. Not good. Good luck to everyone with your picks.
              Excellent insight. Earlier buyers were grabbing the aisle seats and leaving the middle seats behind. No doubt upcoming buyers will benefit from this information. Well done!

Comment

Thanks much for the info and the link.
                Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                Two possibilities:

Hoping for the latter.

Everyone has their own crystal ball, but I absolutely expected this. Over the years the NCAA has used tournaments in St. Paul and Boston as an opportunity to push up the price. IIRC the primary price point in Philly was $230. For it to move up $10 per session in Boston is no surprise.

For me, it's the two extreme price points that are surprising. They just don't mesh with the Frozen Four Fan Base. Asking $600 for glass seats for our tournament strikes me as a ludicrous mismatch. Certainly our crowd includes some well-funded individuals, but those folks have upscale packages available to them. And while I don't want overgeneralize, most of that crowd will be more comfortable in the suites than the glass.

In contrast, most of us are in the lottery because we hope to parlay a loyal purchasing history into better seats. We're price sensitive, and are hoping some "sweat equity" will keep our overall costs in line. Anyone who can painlessly drop $300 for a single ticket probably isn't going to bother slogging through the priority process. Again, not wanting to overgeneralize, but that sort of fan will just call the ticket broker and "pay what it takes."

Now about the $160 nosebleed seats. To me, the decision to include that price point is more political than economic. It's as if the NCAA wants to send a "we feel your pain" message to those who have been objecting to the ever-increasing prices. But for Priority Holders, it's a meaningless gesture. Let's walk through it. The buyer has been attending the FF annually for years; it's always one of the highlights on his sports calendar. Maybe THE highlight. He's willing travel hundreds of miles. He's willing to take multiple days off work. He's spending hundreds of dollars on the trip. Part of that is spent on apparel and momentos before the first puck is even dropped. Those items must be purchased right away because he can't take a chance that the good stuff will sell out early. There's your typical FF Priority Holder. And the NCAA thinks that type of fan wants to sit in awful nosebleed seats to save $45? Please.

Good Upper Bowl seats at a savings, yes. But Bad Upper Bowl seats? Most of the regulars would rather skip a year than make that purchase. Some wind up on the secondary market. Some stay home and watch on TV. Some get disgusted and drop out permanently. The $160 seats are for the one-and-done fan, period.

Of course the lower price WILL benefit local buyers on a budget, who just want a taste of the action. But from an economic perspective, why do this? The tournament will almost certainly sell out either way. Why leave money on the table? The NCAA has repeatedly shown that very little is sacred if there's money to be made. The only answer I can think of is political compromise. Why do I say that? If the NCAA truly wanted to do something meaningful for it's most loyal FF fans, it would return a blue line section or two to the Public Allotment. But that would require a real financial sacrifice. Not happening. But hoping to avoid some portion of the PR hit caused by higher prices, a token gesture is made.

Put another way, the NCAA is willing to reach out and do something for the one-and-dones, but not the core FF Fan Base. That hurts a bit.

My two cents.

You're not alone, and it's an annoying glitch to be sure. But rather than fight that battle, just use the information in this thread and proceed to the ordering process. Yes, the e-mail gives you a direct link to the log-in. But you can get the same info and accomplish the same thing with this link:

http://www.ncaa.com/championships/ic...ts-hospitality

One more click -- on your Priority Level -- and you're at the login page. Best of luck.

Comment

Thanks much t pgb-ohio and all others who offered info. I was able to get in using the link provided and got 2 seats in Loge 5 row 16. Thanks again.

Comment

Two possibilities:

Hoping for the latter.
                    I was shocked to get center ice myself! Actually thought it may kick out but i received confirmation email:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

Sounds like last year when I got club box seats way after seats had passed the priority phase.
                      Last edited by Bonin21; 10-01-2014, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eddieras View Post
                        I was shocked to get center ice myself! Actually thought it may kick out but i received confirmation email:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                        Winner!

Very Cool.

Comment

A 16 no e-mail reminder and got 4 in Balcony 301 Center Ice Row 7 as best available

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                            A 16 no e-mail reminder and got 4 in Balcony 301 Center Ice Row 7 as best available
                            The key phrase being "Center Ice."

Your location should have been included on the Best Seats Still On The Board list. Personal bias negatively impacted my objectivity on this, if only a little. For me, once Row 5 of the Balcony is in the rear view mirror, the oxygen gets a little thin for my taste. But the Center Ice location is definitely a selling point. You did well. FWIW, there are probably comparable seats still available in Section 316.

Comment

Aftermarket update, previously mentioned website has 233 tickets for the event from $400 to $1,000 each. More uppers starting to appear as lottery process proceeds.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Biggest problem was every time you looked at a section and tried to check another you were back in the PIA spot entering those dumb letters and that gets old quick.....should be able to look around after you pass the first test

The key phrase being "Center Ice."

Your location should have been included on the Best Seats Still On The Board list. Personal bias negatively impacted my objectivity on this, if only a little. For me, once Row 5 of the Balcony is in the rear view mirror, the oxygen gets a little thin for my taste. But the Center Ice location is definitely a selling point. You did well. FWIW, there are probably comparable seats still available in Section 316.

Comment

Working...
                                X