Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston Frozen Four tickets

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Interestingly the semifinals are going for more than the finals, most likely due to the BU-UND matchup. Around 200 for the cheapest seat Thursday and about $150 for Saturday.
    I'm going to disagree with you slightly here (no surprise for anyone that knows me ) Boston is provincial...my guess is that people are waiting to see if their team wins before purchasing tickets for the finals. If BU and Providence both lose, you will see that you will be able to buy a finals ticket for below face value. No offense to anyone from outside the area. That's how we are here. You have to remember there is HUGE competition for the entertainment dollar. This is a BIG pro sports town and if "my" team loses, I can move right on the ten other things. I will watch UND-UNO on TV before I pay $300-400 (plus another $100 between parking and food) to see the game in person. It's different if we were "out of town" (for example, in DC we already had the tickets and hotel, so we would have gone). And that's the other reason..there's no guarantee I'd be able to sell my tickets if BOTH BU and Providence lose. All the fans from UND and UNO are already here and have their tickets. I doubt that too many are going to fly out here for one game. I would most likely be stuck with them. That's my opinion as to why the bigger market is for Thursday. And that's taking nothing away from your point about the matchups...because it IS a marquee matchup. I just don't think that's the primary reason why the tickets are going for more.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      I'm going to disagree with you slightly here (no surprise for anyone that knows me ) Boston is provincial...my guess is that people are waiting to see if their team wins before purchasing tickets for the finals. If BU and Providence both lose, you will see that you will be able to buy a finals ticket for below face value. No offense to anyone from outside the area. That's how we are here. You have to remember there is HUGE competition for the entertainment dollar. This is a BIG pro sports town and if "my" team loses, I can move right on the ten other things. I will watch UND-UNO on TV before I pay $300-400 (plus another $100 between parking and food) to see the game in person. It's different if we were "out of town" (for example, in DC we already had the tickets and hotel, so we would have gone). And that's the other reason..there's no guarantee I'd be able to sell my tickets if BOTH BU and Providence lose. All the fans from UND and UNO are already here and have their tickets. I doubt that too many are going to fly out here for one game. I would most likely be stuck with them. That's my opinion as to why the bigger market is for Thursday. And that's taking nothing away from your point about the matchups...because it IS a marquee matchup. I just don't think that's the primary reason why the tickets are going for more.
      Two games for the money vs. one also factors in. Would love to drive up from CT to see the semis in person, but as others have stated between parking and driving home three hours after the late game, I will take the flat screen this year. I don't think last minute tickets on the street are going to be much cheaper for Thursday either. I will be watching the finals on a cruise ship in San Juan PR Saturday
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Two games for the money vs. one also factors in.
        Absolutely.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I will be watching the finals on a cruise ship in San Juan PR Saturday
          That kind of sums it all up now, doesn't it? At the end of the day....(insert additional clichés here)

Comment

Saturday is going to be the best ever and a must ticket!!!

As the final seconds are counting down and it appears the Sioux will defeat blais boys for the title.... Host and HEA commish joeb will appear in the walkway and announce a triple threat challenge as jerry and his igles cash in a box of incriminating videos (which have coincidently kept joeb in power this past decade). The refreshed igles come out with demko carrying a tiny knee hockey goal which the Sioux and blais'ers can hit while the igles pepper the two goalies with shot after shot (wide of course) but with the extra 6 skaters there are a number of deflections and the igles win the triple threat AND their 6th national title.

The Boston screwjob Gomes down in the annals of hockey history (and is only reported on the scroll during sunday sportscenter)
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              the igles pepper the two goalies with shot after shot (wide of course)

well done

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                The Boston screwjob Gomes down in the annals of hockey history (and is only reported on the scroll during sunday sportscenter)
                Tomorrow night can't get here quickly enough, can it?

Comment

if you got tix thru the lottery it came out to 55 bucks per game (seat in the balcony)

Comment

I don't think the market for Saturday is set yet, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the folks who are buying those $150 tickets are speculators. If the Finals are BU-Providence, the speculators stand to make a huge profit. If the Finals are BU-Omaha, they'll make a decent profit. If the Finals are UND-Providence they'll make a small profit or break even. If the Finals are Omaha - UND, they'll take a drubbing -- as chickod points out, their fans already have tickets, they'll be no late interest, and lots of BU/Providence fans will sell their Saturday tickets for whatever they can get.

Comment

It occurs to me that if you bought Frozen Four tickets at StubHub and the seller didn't report it was "Alcohol-Free Seating" - as they are required to do - you could file a protest with SH and create a world of hurt for the people who sold them...

Comment

what possible good could come from doing that.

do they have to disclose thst for jr high talent show?

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          what possible good could come from doing that.

do they have to disclose thst for jr high talent show?

wow
                          A person might get money back from StubHub and/or the seller.

StubHub usually does not handle tickets for a Junior High talent show, however they do handle several sporting events where alcohol is sold, including numerous college events. Alcohol was not available here.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                            Location, Location, Location.

The comments made so far paint a reasonably accurate picture of the FF ticket market since St. Louis '07. Comfortably filled NHL Arenas; but not really a tough ticket. The secondary market has been an attractive option. Tickets at face value or below have been fairly easy to come by. Often seat locations are better than what's available in the lottery/selection process.

HOWEVER: We're talking Boston. Boston '98 was a pretty tough ticket. At least up front, Boston '04 reigns as the toughest FF ticket in the lottery era. And the tournament hasn't been back since. There's at least some pent-up demand. So for those with any priority points at all, I recommend locking in your seats this Fall.

I'm fully aware of the big picture. Current demand for FF ducats is significantly less than the peak years. Short version of a long story: The speculators and scalpers are basically gone. Non-traditional sites took away much of their customer base; higher face values squeezed profit margins. Supply and demand have settled into a comfortable equilibrium.

But again, we're back in Boston. A modest sellers' market may make an encore appearance.
                            Yeah I knew Boston would be a tough ticket and got 4 of them in the loge section. Great final game tonight after 2 boring games Thursday night.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                            X