Maine Hockey 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine Hockey 2014-2015

Richard Reichenbach has been selected as the new head coach and his wife will be the assistant. He will be receiving $50K annually. His wife Sara is expecting their first child in September. Nice to have this finalized so the team can move forward. The class of 2018 was named a couple of months a go (five players). Here's a link.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/07/1...e-hockey-team/
    Last edited by Runsub5; 07-13-2014, 07:17 AM. Reason: added link.

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    Richard Richenbach has been selected as the new head coach and his wife will be the assistant. He will be receiving $50K annually. His wife Sara is expecting their first child in September. Nice to have this finalized so the team can move forward. The class of 2018 was named a couple of months a go (five players). Here's a link.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/07/1...e-hockey-team/
    Good to hear they're moving forward.

Comment

Re: Maine Hockey 2014-2015

Originally posted by Ya4sure2 View Post
      Good to hear they're moving forward.
      I agree. He has been at Maine for 4 years and demonstrated that he can turn a team around. Maine finished strong after a very long losing streak and took Vermont to three OT's in the playoff's before losing.

Comment

A one year contract....is that typical for a Women's Head Hockey Coach at Maine?

Comment

Originally posted by mnpokecheck View Post
          A one year contract....is that typical for a Women's Head Hockey Coach at Maine?
          No, it's not typical. I believe he will be offered a multi-year contract if he demonstrates continued leadership after this season (if he wishes to stay).

Comment

No, it's not typical. I believe he will be offered a multi-year contract if he demonstrates continued leadership after this season (if he wishes to stay).
            Seems like a short leash. Sounds more like they ran out of time, figured he did ok with what he got stuck with (so to speak) so let's see what he can do this year.

Had some interaction with him a few times in the last year but don't know that much.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
              Seems like a short leash. Sounds more like they ran out of time, figured he did ok with what he got stuck with (so to speak) so let's see what he can do this year.

Had some interaction with him a few times in the last year but don't know that much.
              The over-riding issue is probably money. The athletic department (as always), has limited financial resources. His salary is an indicator of that. Rather than spend money on a national search, the new AD was willing to go with the current coach for one more year in an effort to further prove himself. Just my opinion.

Comment

The over-riding issue is probably money. The athletic department (as always), has limited financial resources. His salary is an indicator of that. Rather than spend money on a national search, the new AD was willing to go with the current coach for one more year in an effort to further prove himself. Just my opinion.
                Would agree based on the $50K figure. Some D3 coaches make that much.....and the WCHA programs were all paying in the $100K and up range....

Comment

Kevin Houle makes better than $75K just as one example.

Comment

50k for the Head Coaching Job,what does the Assistant get paid? And did Maria Lewis ever get back into Womens Hockey? I think she was a Good Coach and will sometime in the future get another shot at Coaching...she let a golden job go by the wayside(Vermont @ 100k)in staying at Maine for 45k and a very under funded program. I still can't believe that this Program can't get on track and be a solid Program...but under funded and really no support imo by the University. You can changes Coaches all you want...but if the program lacks support then it will always be behind the 8-ball.

Comment

My daughter is playing with Maine player Jillian Langtry this weekend in Blaine,Mn. Playing for the championship in the International Cup. Nice player and really nice kid with great parents.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        My daughter is playing with Maine player Jillian Langtry this weekend in Blaine,Mn. Playing for the championship in the International Cup. Nice player and really nice kid with great parents.
                        Which bracket? My daughter is there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          Which bracket? My daughter is there as well.
                          19U Tier 1 bracket. Ended up losing in championship game today 3-2. 2 really good teams going at it. Fun to watch.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            19U Tier 1 bracket. Ended up losing in championship game today 3-2. 2 really good teams going at it. Fun to watch.
                            Great effort making it to the championship game. Jillian will be a Jr. at Maine this coming year and is from St. Francis , Ontario.

Comment

Great effort making it to the championship game. Jillian will be a Jr. at Maine this coming year and is from St. Francis , Ontario.
                              Yep. Had beers with her dad after Fridays games. My daughter will be a sophomore at Concordia in Minnesota.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X