X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilary Knight in ESPN's The Body Issue

http://espn.go.com/olympics/story/_/...ine-body-issue

Re: Hilary Knight in ESPN's The Body Issue

That is an amazing photo (and some wonderful quotes). The athletic body is truly a marvel....

Comment

I still say she'd have the best shot at playing with the boys. I'd love to see her get the chance, but it will never happen. She's already training for 2018, I can't imagine how she's going to get herself in better shape than she is now. It's kind of sad she never won the Patty Katz, but timing is everything.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

This is another example of the media taking advantage of a female athlete for her good looks instead of her talent or intelligence. After the 14th or 15th viewing of the video I became offended by this shameless exploitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Otter+ View Post
          This is another example of the media taking advantage of a female athlete for her good looks instead of her talent or intelligence. After the 14th or 15th viewing of the video I became offended by this shameless exploitation.
          1. There are men in "The Body Issue."

2. She was talking about hockey in the video, and being an athlete rather than being pressured into trying to achieve a pre-defined look.

3. 14th or 15th viewing of the video? I can't tell if this whole comment is satirical or if you're serious.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            Hmmm...yeah...I'm gonna pass on those.
            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

First I was like ...
              3. 14th or 15th viewing of the video? I can't tell if this whole comment is satirical or if you're serious.
              ...but then I read this and laughed out loud because I'm pretty sure you were making a joke and it was a masterclass in subtlety.

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
              That comment suggests you miss the point of these pieces entirely. I'm pretty sure Hilary Knight didn't take these photos to be one of the ladies posted on your Facebook wall.
              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 07-09-2014, 05:56 PM.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                Prince Fielder is in this year's!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  That comment suggests you miss the point of these pieces entirely. I'm pretty sure Hilary Knight didn't take these photos to be one of the ladies posted on your Facebook wall.
                  Right. The point was so obscure. Someone is missing a point alright.
                  Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by L268 View Post
                    That is an amazing photo (and some wonderful quotes). The athletic body is truly a marvel....

Impressed she was not hiding her weight. More female athletes should give their true weights along with their heights. Noticed the small photo on the side listed her at 172, I say minimum

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                      Impressed she was not hiding her weight. More female athletes should give their true weights along with their heights. Noticed the small photo on the side listed her at 172, I say minimum
                      Muscle is heavier than fat. The girl is freaking ripped.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

^^Hall of Fame Post Nomination

Comment

Token males. They serve no purpose. This is just ESPN's version of SI's swimsuit issue.

2. She was talking about hockey in the video, and being an athlete rather than being pressured into trying to achieve a pre-defined look.
                          Right, because we all watched the video for her insight on hockey.
                          BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Muscle is heavier than fat. The girl is freaking ripped.
                            Hence the reason I said 172 at a minimum

Comment

This is education and inspiration (not exploitation) for girls/women everywhere. You can weigh 175 and still be incredibly fit and healthy. Compare that to the majority of society (and women specifically) who are brainwashed by Cosmo into thinking that the ideal 5'10" woman should weigh 105 and have no muscle tone. Why should women aspire to have the muscle mass/tone of a veal?

Comment

Working...
                              X