Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 Union Dutchwomen thread

Originally posted by DelayedOffside View Post
    Always wondered what this meant because regardless of the title, Claudia is the head coach and Ali will ASSIST her. What's the real difference between assistant coach and associate head coach? Is this just a way to get more money for a longtime assistant ?
    I could be wrong, but I think it's just a fancy way of saying she's the lead assistant. I'm not sure if there's a financial aspect to it. Boe is definitely second in command on that staff, having been there as long as Asano Barcomb.

Rick Bennett was an "associate" head coach under Nate Leaman for a few years on the men's side.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
      I could be wrong, but I think it's just a fancy way of saying she's the lead assistant. I'm not sure if there's a financial aspect to it.
      On most staffs, this is considered a promotion and there will be a raise of some sort.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by YabaDabaDoo View Post
        Regardless of what has been said on this site, the players have told the team the following: Dahl decided to end her career as a result of multiple injuries, and Penncott told her teammates she was all done with hockey? ""about 2 months into her season" "even though her mom would beg to differ? just ask her teammates" Union will be fine as the last game showed, Union took the NCAA Divisions 1 Champions into overtime in their last game! and embarrassed The National & ECAC Champions including the Patty Kazmaier winner Jamie Lee Rattray in their last game 2-1 in overtime!!!
        Sorry to (temporarily) derail this thread--there are a number of great young women on that team who deserve to have good things happen to them hockey-wise after the struggles of the last few seasons.

"Penncott" told the players nothing of the kind and therefore you couldn't "ask her teammates." She still has lots of friends on the team and has found a good fit in the CIS.

It is sad that a (presumably) full-grown man feels the need to disparage an 18-year-old he doesn't know and has to resort to bald-faced lies to do it.

Best of luck girls.

Comment

Originally posted by schnook View Post
          Sorry to (temporarily) derail this thread--there are a number of great young women on that team who deserve to have good things happen to them hockey-wise after the struggles of the last few seasons.

"Penncott" told the players nothing of the kind and therefore you couldn't "ask her teammates." She still has lots of friends on the team and has found a good fit in the CIS.

It is sad that a (presumably) full-grown man feels the need to disparage an 18-year-old he doesn't know and has to resort to bald-faced lies to do it.

Best of luck girls.
          nobody cares, mom....[except you I guess].

A word of advice....All you accomplish by whining and constantly trying to 'correct the record' is make the situation worse for the poor kid. Leave it go, mom...leave it go.

Comment

Excited to see Unions jump on commits. 2015 and 2016 commits posted today.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
              nobody cares, mom....[except you I guess].

A word of advice....All you accomplish by whining and constantly trying to 'correct the record' is make the situation worse for the poor kid. Leave it go, mom...leave it go.
              And yet you care enough to help perpetuate the lie with your whining.

Whatever.

Comment

And yet you care enough to help perpetuate the lie with your whining.

Whatever.

I can tell you one 'fact'...the only one on here telling fibs and whining is you, mommy dearest. Good luck back in Canada, sorry the dream ended badly for you.

Comment

The Dutchwomen add two commitments from the Minnesota prep ranks: http://t.co/hVuVFTQyFd

Comment

Q&A with recent Dutchwomen commit Arianna Kosakowski - http://t.co/Lqx963DD7S

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                      I can tell you one 'fact'...the only one on here telling fibs and whining is you, mommy dearest. Good luck back in Canada, sorry the dream ended badly for you.
                      I have just been alerted that you think you have been talking to a mother. Interesting to go go back and see the sheer lack of respect I guess because you thought you were talking to a woman. I can tell you you weren't. I can't help but wonder if you would have responded differently if you thought it was a man. And I don't care. So move on. For your daughters' sakes, disabuse yourselves of apparently a very dysfunctional group of parents.

Comment

I have just been alerted that you think you have been talking to a mother. Interesting to go go back and see the sheer lack of respect I guess because you thought you were talking to a woman. I can tell you you weren't. I can't help but wonder if you would have responded differently if you thought it was a man. And I don't care. So move on. For your daughters' sakes, disabuse yourselves of apparently a very dysfunctional group of parents.

ok Pincott's MOM...whatever you say. LOL

buuubye!!

Comment

The Dutchwomen were 11th in the preseason ECAC Hockey coaches poll:

http://bit.ly/1u4gAf7

Comment

The Dutchwomen add a volunteer assistant coach:

http://bit.ly/1uWR0cN

Comment

A former Lawrence Academy standout has joined Union as a walk-on: http://t.co/pT8eNACHaN

Comment

One of Union's top returning offensive threats will miss the season:

http://bit.ly/1oHhOtR

Comment

Working...
                                X