Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014-2015 University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs Womens Hockey

Originally posted by CrankIt View Post
    My original comment merely suggests that the American education system stop determining the intelligence of students based on meaningless test scores that have no real, applicable use outside of said test. Also, most of the UMD athletes who don't get in to UMD right away, end up taking classes at UMTC for a semester and then transfer those credits over. If UMTC lets these students in, what's stopping UMD from letting them in? More than likely speaks to a larger issue happening in the administration which is what this whole debacle has been about.
    just about anybody can register for a class as a non degree seeking student, I believe having been out out of school for 4-5 years and have a HS education allows you to
    my guess is that they take classes at UM-TC because there are more classes to chose from, easier to find a suitable job, and greater opportunities during free time
    and oh yeah, the TC area has so much nicer weather (or so people who used to live in Duluth claim although the recent weather says otherwise)

meaningless test scores??? for one, the test scores are excellent indicators of SES, IOW, high test score=high family income, the kid comes from a family with money, never forget it is about the money, especially with the high cost of college today

Comment

You'd figure Grgas Wheeler would get this stuff right...it's not like this information is a secret or not readily accessible thereby preventing her from proof reading her story.

Winberg scored the winning goal in Turin in '06 which sent the Americans packing and advanced Sweden to the Gold Medal Game.

Did somebody mention misinformation being spread at universities?

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/news/2014...x?path=whockey
      Last edited by Blackbeard; 12-28-2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        Winberg scored the winning goal in Turin in '06 which sent the Americans packing and advanced Sweden to the Gold Medal Game.
        Winberg scored first and Rooth scored second, but because her goal clinched the win, Rooth was credited with the winning goal in the 2-0 shootout win for Sweden. It seemed screwy to me, but apparently that's how they do it.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          Winberg scored first and Rooth scored second, but because her goal clinched the win, Rooth was credited with the winning goal in the 2-0 shootout win for Sweden. It seemed screwy to me, but apparently that's how they do it.
          Yeah, Winberg gets no respect in this video...doesn't even show her winning goal...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRDVjbsli0Q
          And she barely gets a mention in this article...

http://www.iihf.com/iihf-home/the-ii...ries/story-35/
          But a couple of interesting photos for WHCA and Team USA fans during those games:... no, from Sochi, (photos shouldn't be on this site...oh, well, enjoy anyway) :

http://www.olympic.org/multimedia-pl...e-hockey-team/

http://www.olympic.org/multimedia-pl...hockey-team-2/
          Last edited by Blackbeard; 12-28-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

BSU 3 - UMD 1 after two.

BSU with a late goal in the first. Then Hickel in the second with a disallowed goal and then one that counted to tie the game.

BSU employing the old UND defensive strategy of 5 years ago or so when UMD was controlling the puck in BSU's end.

Gorgeous stretch pass by BSU to spring a forward with a breakaway who didn't have any trouble netting the opportunity.

Then shorthanded for too many men!!!...UMD pays the price and it's 3-1 but the momentum was mostly UMD's in the 2nd but that doesn't show on the scoreboard.

No Hansen...a new crew, play by play and colour commentators...very energetic...refreshing.

Comment

BSU 4 - UMD 1 final.

Mowatt was solid and the 'Dogs couldn't score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                BSU 4 - UMD 1 final.

Mowatt was solid and the 'Dogs couldn't score.
                I thought UMD outplayed BSU the entire game. The Beavers just got the bounces but that's the way they play. Gopher fans would say they got all the bounces in their series as well. UMD didn't have all of their players back from international competition until Friday afternoon so their first real action all together in 34 days was today's game. They just need a few more days to really get back together. I would expect better chemistry and flow tomorrow

Comment

UMD didn't have all of their players back from international competition until Friday afternoon so their first real action all together in 34 days was today's game. They just need a few more days to really get back together. I would expect better chemistry and flow tomorrow
                  Yeah, I didn't realize this until Miller mentioned it in the video interview that I posted in the "Miller Out at UMD" thread which interview contained some other interesting comments as well about the team.

I thought this was a somewhat more entertaining game than the UW-UM game on the bigger little screen.
                  Last edited by Blackbeard; 01-10-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

The Beavers just got the bounces but that's the way they play. Gopher fans would say they got all the bounces in their series as well.
                    I don't know that I'd say that. One goal in each was a bit of a bounce, and UM did have a goal waved off in the tie that may have been a BSU break. So BSU got a couple of bounce goals against UM, but so did the Bulldogs. However, the Gophers got a few breaks, too with things that could have been called and weren't and they did get some PP opportunities. The Beavers played a very aggressive style against the Gophers and their defensive play was excellent. They aren't the most talented team and won't have the most dynamic offense, but they will work hard and be opportunistic.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

UMD didn't have all of their players back from international competition until Friday afternoon so their first real action all together in 34 days was today's game.
                      Anyone know why this is? I know UW got their Canadian players back from Nations Cup on like the 5th.
                      It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

• Originally posted by tristarscoop View Post
                        Anyone know why this is? I know UW got their Canadian players back from Nations Cup on like the 5th.
                        Flight issues... A few of them ended up traveling for 40 hours before finally getting back Friday afternoon

Comment

UMD 2 - BSU 1 final.

Somewhat uninspiring game but better result than yesterday.

Mowat is a talented goaltender...was impressed with her last year...very fluid and good technicals, at least from what I could see with the far less that NU quality feed...it's actually poor. The scores both yesterday and today would have been quite different without her. She keeps BSU in the game.
                          Last edited by Blackbeard; 01-11-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                            UMD 2 - BSU 1 final.

Somewhat uninspiring game but better result than yesterday.

Mowat is a talented goaltender...was impressed with her last year...very fluid and good technicals, at least from what I could see with the far less that NU quality feed...it's actually poor. The scores both yesterday and today would have been quite different without her. She keeps BSU in the game.
                            BSU can kill you with defense, which is good for them because they can't score. A very frustrating team to play but you have to give the coach a lot of credit for instilling this style and to the Beavers for sticking to it & doing so well. I'd love to send them on an East Coast excursion, I bet a lot of those teams would be left in tears.

Comment

Looks like the UMD vs MSU game is being broadcast free of charge.

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/mn...reamType=video

Comment

Good to see that it looked like Stalder was ok after writhing on the ice for some time after colliding with Hickel behind the MSU goal late in the 2nd period. Looked like it was her shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                                X