No announcement yet.

>>>>> RIT TIGERS - Countdown to the Opening of the Gene Polisseni Center! <<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Countdown to the Opening of the Gene Polisseni Center! <<<<<

Glad to see Spivak continuing to have a successful career. I don't see him stopping anytime soon, especially being part of the Israel national team.

Originally posted by 5hole View Post
    Sorry for the interruption here but thought I would pass along this article on former RIT d-man Daniel Spivak ... including some nice words about him from Gladiators team president.

http://www.gwinnettgladiators.com/si...e.asp?art=3089

And BTW, congrats on your new arena. Improved and upgraded facilities is great for the league as well as the school. I look forward to catching a Niagara game there.
    RIT Tigers

Comment

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Countdown to the Opening of the Gene Polisseni Center! <<<<<

Check out this short video showing the inside of the GPC, with Wayne Wilson, Andrew Miller and Zander Kuqali: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZfZThfssi0

Comment

So is there not a women's game scheduled for Brick City weekend? I can understand not having them at Blue Cross again, but I was hoping they'd play at the Polliseum.
        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
          So is there not a women's game scheduled for Brick City weekend? I can understand not having them at Blue Cross again, but I was hoping they'd play at the Polliseum.
          They are at Vermont that weekend.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Roster........anybody got a roster for the upcoming season?
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
              Roster........anybody got a roster for the upcoming season?
              http://www.uscho.com/stats/roster/ri...key/2014-2015/

It's missing the frosh, but you can get them from the press release.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Anyone know what's up with the Polisseum's single orange seat on the end opposite the Crew?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Per twitter, it's in honor of Green B. Williams '78

https://twitter.com/bobfinnerty/stat...43504680202241
                  Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                  College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010
                  Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                  Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

The WITR guys got a tour of the new arena yesterday. Here's some video, which includes the concourse, locker rooms, club area, suites and pressbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y3RQ6ZPvPQ

Comment

It's looking great.. but there's is a severe lack of orange in this building. I'm hoping a couple layers of paint are on the to-do list.

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                      The WITR guys got a tour of the new arena yesterday. Here's some video, which includes the concourse, locker rooms, club area, suites and pressbox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y3RQ6ZPvPQ
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

It's looking great.. but there's is a severe lack of orange in this building. I'm hoping a couple layers of paint are on the to-do list.
                        Expect there to be plenty of orange color added by the crowd. Remember that there wasn't much orange in Ritter Arena either and it still felt very much like home.
                        Scott Biggar
                        WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                        Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Yeah, I understand that. I think this render just setup some expectations of in your face orange

http://i.imgur.com/POuDH.jpg

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                          Expect there to be plenty of orange color added by the crowd. Remember that there wasn't much orange in Ritter Arena either and it still felt very much like home.
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Yeah, I understand that. I think this render just setup some expectations of in your face orange

http://i.imgur.com/POuDH.jpg
                            I remember that rendering quite well. This exact rendering is the reason why they kept the new design so hush hush because people would be really disappointed to see what RIT wanted and what RIT Hockey got. The new Arena is a gem don't get me wrong but when I saw the first renderings I was in shock at how beautiful they were and I would be lying to you if to this day I am still not disappointed we did not get those first couple renderings.

Additionally, I think the team dropped the ball on not getting orange seats. Gray is just so dull. I'm sure the arena is amazing nonetheless but I really had hoped for orange seats just to add some colour to the arena.
                            R I T HOCKEY
                            Frozen Four
                            Elite Eight
                            NCAA Tournament
                            2010-2015-2016
                            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Biggar View Post
                              I agree. If anything, the gray will make our orange jerseys/tee shirts, banners, etc. stand out even more. Look how much the one orange seat stands out.
                              RIT TIGERS
                              Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                              Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                              Frozen Four 2010
                              The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

A question. There's a pattern in the sidewalk in front of the rink. Does anyone know what it represents?
                                RIT TIGERS
                                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                                Frozen Four 2010
                                The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X