No announcement yet.

>>>>> RIT TIGERS - Countdown to the Opening of the Gene Polisseni Center! <<<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Countdown to the Opening of the Gene Polisseni Center! <<<<<

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
    Seriously, if we don't get the band to learn this one we're really dropping the ball.

Powers &8^]
    The Corner Crew should consider singing the second-to-last verse (I even like the "Okay, full disclosure, we're not that great, but nevertheless you suck" part, haha ):

We’re great (we’re great)
    And you suck (you suck)
    And you suck (you suck)
    And you suck (you suck)
    You see there’s us (we’re great)
    And then there’s you (you suck)
    We’re really, really great (really great)
    In contrast, you really suck (really suck)
    Okay, full disclosure, we’re not that great
    But nevertheless, you suck
    RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Re: >>>>> RIT TIGERS - Countdown to the Opening of the Gene Polisseni Center! <<<<<

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
      The Buffalo News is reporting that HarborCenter is delayed until at least the end of October, and I am hearing from other sources that it might be later. RIT is supposed to play there 11/14 and 11/15. The Sabres are out of town that weekend so I'm assuming if the new building isn't ready by then those games will also be at First Niagara.
      RIT and Canisius at First Niagara could be a saving grace for the situation. Unless Western Michigan or Ohio State travels I see that being a very empty arena. I also think an RIT/Canisius would draw better for the Griffs at First Niagara than if Niagara played them there. I'll have to find a lunch time to walk down there again, but last time I went down the place looked no where near as far along as the Polisseni Center.
      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
      The Mule
      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

ummm home coming tickets? Ticket Master has close to nothing available. Is this because RIT is claiming them or have they all really sold out?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/rit-tige...004CFD8ABC4CE5
        RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
          ummm home coming tickets? Ticket Master has close to nothing available. Is this because RIT is claiming them or have they all really sold out?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/rit-tige...004CFD8ABC4CE5
          I bet it's just that a bunch are held for people who register through RIT for Brick City. I doubt it's that close to sold out already.
          Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
          College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
          Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
          Men's Frozen Four 2010
          Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
          Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
            I bet it's just that a bunch are held for people who register through RIT for Brick City. I doubt it's that close to sold out already.
            Yeah, I agree. I just wish there was a way to confirm this. As of now I'm trying to return the tickets I got through ticketmaster and hope RIT is going to open up sales for more tickets through the Brick City event. Of course the hockey ticket site says these will be available by end of July (yea, okay), but there's no indication of a date on the Brick City site.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
              Yeah, I agree. I just wish there was a way to confirm this. As of now I'm trying to return the tickets I got through ticketmaster and hope RIT is going to open up sales for more tickets through the Brick City event. Of course the hockey ticket site says these will be available by end of July (yea, okay), but there's no indication of a date on the Brick City site.
              I believe the only way to get the Student/Faculty/Staff/Alum discounts are through RIT anyway, so maybe they only release a handful to ticketmaster?
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

I think you're right, but I try to buy a group of 6 tickets for my group that travels to Roc and I'd only get one alumni ticket anyway.

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                I believe the only way to get the Student/Faculty/Staff/Alum discounts are through RIT anyway, so maybe they only release a handful to ticketmaster?
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Homecoming tickets aren't on sale yet. I talked to Stacy today at the ticketing event and they were still waiting on something (I didn't understand what she referred to) before they could go on sale.

Comment

Yeah, but I bought some through TicketMaster thinking that it was almost sold out (dumb, I know). The Brick City twitter account confirmed that they're going on sale soon, so I'll pick up some more when they're available and re-sell my others at near face value.

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
                    Homecoming tickets aren't on sale yet. I talked to Stacy today at the ticketing event and they were still waiting on something (I didn't understand what she referred to) before they could go on sale.
                    RIT Tigers

Comment

There is now a count-down clock showing time 'til the grand opening! http://www.rit.edu/development/givin...lay/webcam.php
                      RIT TIGERS
                      Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                      Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                      Frozen Four 2010
                      The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Some awesome pictures up on the GPC and womens hockey Facebook pages. Most of the seats are in, and the boards are being installed. Really looking great. Don't want to wish summer away, but can't wait for the season to start and I get to see the new place in person.
                        John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                        AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                        AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                        NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                        NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                        NCAA DII - 1983
                        NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                          Some awesome pictures up on the GPC and womens hockey Facebook pages. Most of the seats are in, and the boards are being installed. Really looking great. Don't want to wish summer away, but can't wait for the season to start and I get to see the new place in person.
                          Update: the boards are completed!
                          RIT TIGERS
                          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions/NCAA Tournament 2010, 2015, 2016
                          Frozen Four 2010
                          The Gene Polisseni Center @ RIT

Comment

Originally posted by tigerprincess7 View Post
                            Seems to be open via RIT Hockey site. Though there are a bunch of seats that don't seem to match the color code for "Unavailable" but are marked as Unavailable nonetheless. Not quite sure what's up with that...?
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Sorry for the interruption here but thought I would pass along this article on former RIT d-man Daniel Spivak ... including some nice words about him from Gladiators team president.

http://www.gwinnettgladiators.com/si...e.asp?art=3089

And BTW, congrats on your new arena. Improved and upgraded facilities is great for the league as well as the school. I look forward to catching a Niagara game there.
                              GO PURPS!
                              Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Saw on Twitter last week that Anthony Repaci was returning to his junior team for another season (https://twitter.com/AnastyRepaci/sta...21424776863745) and earlier Liam Kerins posted about moving to Rochester in a couple weeks (https://twitter.com/Kerinssy17/statu...31642551279617)

Comment

Working...
                                X