Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FIFA World Cup Thread (Spoilers Welcome)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The FIFA World Cup Thread (Spoilers Welcome)

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    We're having a watch party here in our cafeteria today. It's going to be packed. And the city of Boston is having one on City Hall Plaza. All of this pre-excitement leads me to believe that we are all in for a major disappointment. Because that's what usually happens, see: last Sunday. Crap. I want to go watch but I feel I am like the Kiss of Death so I should stay away....................
    OK, here's the plan:

Whatever you did on game day against Ghana, approximate that as closely as possible. Next, whatever you did during injury time against Portugal, avoid duplicating it. With that, you'll have done your part. Now, go to the cafeteria and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      FIFA also will fine Suarez £65,000

They fined Nicklas Bendtner £80,000 for showing the waistband on his underwear after scoring a goal.
      Oh, it's more than that. 100,000 Swiss francs (okay, I don't know how that converts to English currency), but also a 4 month ban that will apply to the Premier League.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/fifa-hi...ban-1596401338
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Anything to make the field as CONCACAF as possible helps.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Omar Gonzalez replaces Geoff Cameron and Brad Davis replaces Bedoya...the rest of the lineup the same as USA vs Portugal

Johnson-Gonzalez-Besler-Beasley

Zusi-Beckerman-Bradley-Jones-Davis

Dempsey
          Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 06-26-2014, 09:53 AM.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Omar Gonzalez replaces Geoff Cameron and Brad Davis replaces Bedoya...the rest of the lineup the same as USA vs Portugal

Johnson-Gonzalez-Besler-Beasley

Zusi-Beckerman-Bradley-Jones-Davis

Dempsey
            Wow, what does Beasley need to do to get benched if he hasn't done it yet? Punch Klinsi in the face?

I had high hopes for Bedoya (heard he was really good in France this past year) but he hasn't really provided much so far. Guess Cameron must be unfit?
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Bedoya has done his job, but he's played 180 minutes and coming from Manaus, it makes sense to replace him with a fresh guy.

Beasley has done his job too, as much as he isn't perfect out there at left back, Chandler isn't better though.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Bedoya has done his job, but he's played 180 minutes and coming from Manaus, it makes sense to replace him with a fresh guy.

Beasley has done his job too, as much as he isn't perfect out there at left back, Chandler isn't better though.
                Beasley's been good enough. Not great, but serviceable. Bedoya likewise, he's just looked exhausted by the 70 minute mark both games, though.

Can't really argue with Cameron being taken off after the errors against Portugal. Not sure if Gonzalez is the answer though, considering he failed in his one task against Portugal too.

Fresh legs can't be a bad thing, though.

Comment

Beasley got victimized against Ghana and was one of the guys responsible for the late goal against Portugal. I think Chandler deserves a shot; Beasley trying to defend Muller or Ozil or Gotze is utterly terrifying. Chandler defends top attackers every week in the Bundesliga; Beasley plays midfield in Mexico.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong.
                  Cornell University Men's Hockey
                  NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                  Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                    OK, here's the plan:

Whatever you did on game day against Ghana, approximate that as closely as possible. Next, whatever you did during injury time against Portugal, avoid duplicating it. With that, you'll have done your part. Now, go to the cafeteria and have fun!
                    Hmmmm. OK. I was at an airport for the first half of the Ghana game, but got to a hotel and watched the second half while eating. That's a positive. I'm planning to go eat lunch for this game.

For the Portugal game, I made a plan to watch. And they lost.

Hmmm. I'm kinda screwed either way, aren't I??? I'm going to go and hang out and chat and not pay attention, maybe that will work!!

Comment

We didn't lose to Portugal, dear.

We only need a draw. Whatever you did for Portugal should be sufficient.
                      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                        Beasley got victimized against Ghana and was one of the guys responsible for the late goal against Portugal. I think Chandler deserves a shot; Beasley trying to defend Muller or Ozil or Gotze is utterly terrifying. Chandler defends top attackers every week in the Bundesliga; Beasley plays midfield in Mexico.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong.
                        You'd better be, because I can't really argue with you.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

We look like runny **** early.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

don't think i'm gonna make it through 90 minutes

a portugal goal would be nice in the other game!

Comment

Portugal 1-0!
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

really is amazing how easily we give the ball back

Comment

Working...
                                X