Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FIFA World Cup Thread (Spoilers Welcome)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FIFA World Cup Thread (Spoilers Welcome)

Instead of one per day, here is the thread for the remainder of the FIFA tournament, spoilers welcome. If you're DVRing a game, avoid this thread.

Today's games.
    Mexico vs Cameroon
    Spain vs Netherlands
    Chile vs Australia

Other news, USA vs Ghana is still 3 days away. Can't wait for Monday!
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Re: The FIFA World Cup Thread (Spoilers Welcome)

I'll just repost what i had in the other thread:

I've got Cameroon in a tie or winning 2-1 and Spain winning 1-0. Not sure about Chile Australia. Australia isn't that good but they always seem to have one good game.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Cameroon winning 2-0 (I can't help it)
      Spain-Netherlands draw at 2-2
      Chile 3-1 over Australia

Those are my picks and I'm sticking to them.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think Cameroon, Spain and Chile win.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I picked Mexico but would love to see Cameroon. It's a freaking monsoon.
          Spain 3-1.
          Chile 4-0.

Somehow #MuckFexico is not trending on twitter. Come on folks.

Comment

Well so far Cameroon stinks.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

So much for the refs not screwing this game up.
              BC Hockey 2008: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... 2010 too now? OK then. 2012 or something? I can't keep up with this.

Anonymous Random Neg Rep Posted at 10:19 PM, 4/12/08, Moments After BC Won the National Title
              After Mom and Dad's checks stop coming, where will you be, loser?

Comment

Originally posted by Case_04 View Post
                So much for the refs not screwing this game up.
                Disallowed Mexico goals are not "messing the game up". It's considered the correct call.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Cameroon with a very good chance there.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

"nice elbow there"

ya, no bias in that call

Comment

This one has legitimacy back after Mexico could have conceded a penalty kick but it wasn't called, and then they were given a questionable free kick which they choked on. This should continue to be an entertaining match as neither team can defend set pieces. Wow, another offsides disallowed goal. Technically correct because of the deflection but that one wouldn't always get called I think.
                      BC Hockey 2008: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... 2010 too now? OK then. 2012 or something? I can't keep up with this.

Anonymous Random Neg Rep Posted at 10:19 PM, 4/12/08, Moments After BC Won the National Title

Comment

Seems weird that it is still offsides when the deflection goes off a defender. I obviously still suck at understanding soccer.
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

dos Santos might have scored there if he wasn't still crying.

Comment

Seeing Mexico get farked is hilarious.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Scoreless at the half? My stream keeps crapping out.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Working...
                              X