Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich 14-15

Originally posted by Former NUSuntan View Post
    Talk on another thread about bringing Castleton into the mix for the Prime Link, this would get rid of a team from the West, but would sort of get back to the original concept with Castleton replacing Potsdam. Anybody have any thought on this?
    Not sure....Castleton almost seems like the "Potsdam" of the ECACE. They make a little surge....then fall off again. Are they consistently the caliber of the other three teams yet?? I think they have a ways to go.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Talk on another thread about bringing Castleton into the mix for the Prime Link, this would get rid of a team from the West, but would sort of get back to the original concept with Castleton replacing Potsdam. Anybody have any thought on this?
      It would save the tournament a ton of money, I'm sure they foot the bill for the western traveling team. Maybe they could advertise better to ensure sellouts, buy a bigger trophy, or start a scholly fund for the participating schools....something.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
        It would save the tournament a ton of money, I'm sure they foot the bill for the western traveling team. Maybe they could advertise better to ensure sellouts, buy a bigger trophy, or start a scholly fund for the participating schools....something.

r
        The PrimeLink definitely helps with travel but I do not believe they foot the entire bill for the invitational team.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          The PrimeLink definitely helps with travel but I do not believe they foot the entire bill for the invitational team.
          Ask Stout.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Heck we had "western" teams willing to pay their whole way and were turned down before. ...
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The Moscow Magician Nikita Kashirsky '09 is coming back to the States for 2014-15 as he has signed a deal with the Wichita Thunder of the Central Hockey League.

He spent the last year playing for the Dundee Stars in the UK.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Watching the Stanley Cup and realize that George Como would have done just as good a job, or better, than the NBCSN crew, in calling the action.
                I had the same thought about Ducky Drake.

Fortunately we were able to watch the games on CBC-TV, the play-by-play is SO much better!

Comment

Perhaps this has already been posted but in cases not, Braeden Ostepchuk of the Selkirk Steelers (Manitoba JHL) looks like an excellent goalie prospect for the Cadets. He played a ton of games in 2013-14 and put up some good numbers (a GAA for 2,00 and a save percentage of .932).

Comment

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
                    Perhaps this has already been posted but in cases not, Braeden Ostepchuk of the Selkirk Steelers (Manitoba JHL) looks like an excellent goalie prospect for the Cadets. He played a ton of games in 2013-14 and put up some good numbers (a GAA for 2,00 and a save percentage of .932).
                    Yup ... bringing in very good numbers!

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/NUCadets/photos_stream

Facebook post that has a picture of the new West Hall dorm which the college reports some student athletics will be living. This student housing coupled with the other improvements the college is making like the biomass heating plan are very impressive.

I guess we have to wait a couple more weeks to see if Norwich can replace players like Travis Yanke. I am seeing this year that even the SUNY schools/fans are not releasing much recruiting info. When you see the SUNY schools recruiting in the SJHL you take notice.
                      2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                      2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Congrats to Travis Janke '14 on signing his first pro contract with the Knoxville Ice Bears of the SPHL!

http://bit.ly/1z0oo3b
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Congrats to Travis Janke '14 on signing his first pro contract with the Knoxville Ice Bears of the SPHL!

http://bit.ly/1z0oo3b
                          Congrats to Kyle Thomas '13 on signing with the Quad City Mallards of the Central hockey League!

http://myqcmallards.net/newsandinfo/index.html?article_id=1331
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Prez can you tell us the date of the extra game since the game will probable be played in 5-6 weeks so we can make plans. It looks like all the D3 teams are late this year reporting there roster's?
                            2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                            2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                              Prez can you tell us the date of the extra game since the game will probable be played in 5-6 weeks so we can make plans. It looks like all the D3 teams are late this year reporting there roster's?
                              I know Oswego doesn't report theirs till after the first official practice
                              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                                The extra game(s) will not be at home. Hopefully putting out recruits list and schedule additions tomorrow.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X