Norwich 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
    The Amherst announcer on NSN was having a hard time with the camouflage uniforms and didn't mind saying so.
    I think our camo uniforms are awesome and the guys like wearing them. I have to spot them with doing the stats.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Norwich 14-15

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      I think our camo uniforms are awesome and the guys like wearing them. I have to spot them with doing the stats.
      He was talking about not being able to see the uniform numbers clearly for the Norwich players.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
        He was talking about not being able to see the uniform numbers clearly for the Norwich players.
        Yes and I saying I don't think they are that bad. I have seen far far worse uniforms. Try reading white uniforms with bright yellow numbers and no trim on a sunny day for soccer. Impossible.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Yes and I saying I don't think they are that bad. I have seen far far worse uniforms. Try reading white uniforms with bright yellow numbers and no trim on a sunny day for soccer. Impossible.

Sorry Prez but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one ... if the guys like them that is okay for them but when doing PBP of the fastest game on ice camo does not cut it ... it STINKS!!! Period!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
            Sorry Prez but we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one ... if the guys like them that is okay for them but when doing PBP of the fastest game on ice camo does not cut it ... it STINKS!!! Period!
            +1 with PuckVoice. And then to add insult to injury they stick PuckVoice & Cory at the end of the rink and in a corner at that.... I have no idea how you guys could see numbers on camo 200+ feet away.

Comment

This whole jersey thing is almost as funny as the ones on the women's thread calling for a penalty for "banging sticks on the boards"....There are two different things here....Totally can agree with George that it's difficult to tell the difference. In watching the OT Saturday night it because tough at times to figure out who was who, let alone numbers. Now saying its an advantage for Norwich, nope. While it "could" be confusing for Amherst seeing two "similar" jerseys, it's the same for Norwich as well. In short, it was tough to see but doubt it had any affect on the "game". Calling the game? Probably. Even for George. If the players were having such a hard time, Im sure Amherst would have said something...
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

ahhh man....still have a bad taste in my mouth after that one. This one is going to take some time getting over...probably the hardest outcome to a game I've seen since the 2002 National Championship at Midd that some people have been bringing up. That one was a stinger and this one just isn't settling with me. No disrespect to a great Amherst team but I still feel like the better team will be left at home next weekend...but so is hockey. Tough bounce on the last one and a couple things done differently in that final 48 seconds and we are planning our trips out West right now.

Enough said there but great season by the Cadets. Was a fun group to watch and I'll miss the seniors greatly. The strong blue line leaders of Hale, Theida and Currier; The all our grinder and the smallest enforcer I've ever seen in Lawler; McCeleney's snipes will surely be missed; and lastly Matic who tended in the nets in previous years when we needed him most and in the comeback win over Skidmore this year. Will be hard to replace these fellas but looking forward to seeing what Norwich can come up with.

Comment

I have been reading this thread and many others all season. I too would like to Thank you all and the Cadets for an outstanding season.It's nice to be around so many that love the game. The thrilling wins at Home like Babson this year was fantastic.
                  I thought the Cadets were the stronger team at Amherst until that last 15 or 17 seconds. When they made up there minds to put there foot on our throats they did it. Not once, not twice but 3 times to score in that amount of time.How many times have we sceen Norwich do that at home? They clearly for me shifted to a gear that our beloved Cadets just did not have. I thought we could get them after not playing for 2 weeks but it was just not to be.
                  I would like to throw my 2 cents in the rink. For me Norwich kind of plays like Bullies, now here me out. If you watch them a lot they clearly like to put up a lot of shots on goal. In fact it seems to me like in most games, to win they have to put a lot of shots on goal. But like true Bullies we can't take what we dish out.You just know as a Cadet fan 40 shots on us spells trouble , big trouble. Why is it that you just know that we could not beat a team that was like us. Lets face it around the league everybody knows to beat Norwich you just need, for most games somewhere around 20 SOG to beat us. The Cadets play such a hard charging game, and because of that reputation they seem to bring the best out of all other teams that play them.Scouting them is not so hard.If you sit back , wait for the mistakes, you will get a break away on the Cadets and score.
                  That number 22 for Amherst on the other team was there top gun. On that first goal we had 3 Norwich men back on him , all looking to the right for a Amherst player that just was not even there to pass too and no one stopped him and bang there back in the game. So if you want to Beat Norwich, just put up around 20shots and you should have a win. That is just what the numbers bare out.If Norwich could take what they dish up, hmmm they would be awesome.
                  For me Norwich played it's best Hockey right up until Christmas break. We just never got better after that .
                  My dream for the team would be to have a defense that was equal to the offense. They would be unbeatable.Meaning we can stop 40 shots on us night after night. Clearly over that past 10 years or so , every team that wins the Championship has a stellar defense , then an offense. Norwich does amazingly well here in the ECAC , but there defense is just not Championship caliber, it just isn't.Yes we won it all a few years ago, but even then look how many SOG it took. A lot. Having said that I love to watch them and am a huge fan. I can't wait until next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    .....My dream for the team would be to have a defense that was equal to the offense. They would be unbeatable.Meaning we can stop 40 shots on us night after night. Clearly over that past 10 years or so , every team that wins the Championship has a stellar defense , then an offense. Norwich does amazingly well here in the ECAC , but there defense is just not Championship caliber, it just isn't.Yes we won it all a few years ago, but even then look how many SOG it took. A lot. Having said that I love to watch them and am a huge fan. I can't wait until next year.
                    While I agree with you that defense is hugely important, for this year, Norwich's defense was one of the best in the nation statistically... 1st in team defense, 3rd in penalty kills, top 2 goaltenders in goals against average.

While statistics are not everything, IMO defense was very good this year.

See http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/d...men/2014-2015/

Comment

I have been reading this thread and many others all season. I too would like to Thank you all and the Cadets for an outstanding season.It's nice to be around so many that love the game. The thrilling wins at Home like Babson this year was fantastic.
                      I thought the Cadets were the stronger team at Amherst until that last 15 or 17 seconds. When they made up there minds to put there foot on our throats they did it. Not once, not twice but 3 times to score in that amount of time.How many times have we sceen Norwich do that at home? They clearly for me shifted to a gear that our beloved Cadets just did not have. I thought we could get them after not playing for 2 weeks but it was just not to be.
                      I would like to throw my 2 cents in the rink. For me Norwich kind of plays like Bullies, now here me out. If you watch them a lot they clearly like to put up a lot of shots on goal. In fact it seems to me like in most games, to win they have to put a lot of shots on goal. But like true Bullies we can't take what we dish out.You just know as a Cadet fan 40 shots on us spells trouble , big trouble. Why is it that you just know that we could not beat a team that was like us. Lets face it around the league everybody knows to beat Norwich you just need, for most games somewhere around 20 SOG to beat us. The Cadets play such a hard charging game, and because of that reputation they seem to bring the best out of all other teams that play them.Scouting them is not so hard.If you sit back , wait for the mistakes, you will get a break away on the Cadets and score.
                      That number 22 for Amherst on the other team was there top gun. On that first goal we had 3 Norwich men back on him , all looking to the right for a Amherst player that just was not even there to pass too and no one stopped him and bang there back in the game. So if you want to Beat Norwich, just put up around 20shots and you should have a win. That is just what the numbers bare out.If Norwich could take what they dish up, hmmm they would be awesome.
                      For me Norwich played it's best Hockey right up until Christmas break. We just never got better after that .
                      My dream for the team would be to have a defense that was equal to the offense. They would be unbeatable.Meaning we can stop 40 shots on us night after night. Clearly over that past 10 years or so , every team that wins the Championship has a stellar defense , then an offense. Norwich does amazingly well here in the ECAC , but there defense is just not Championship caliber, it just isn't.Yes we won it all a few years ago, but even then look how many SOG it took. A lot. Having said that I love to watch them and am a huge fan. I can't wait until next year.
                      Trolling, right?

Comment

A lot of credit is due to this years team, coaches and staff. I'm not the first to admit that I was slightly nervous heading into the season knowing that we're a fairly young team and that the division has gotten extremely competitive. Once again, the Cadets put together a tremendous season with some highlight reel wins, another regular season and division playoff win and an exemplary record. I look forward to seeing how we fare next year, as the division is only going to get more competitive. We are fortunate to be returning some serious talent in all positions.

I was impressed with the Amherst team, and while it's tough to watch your team lose on a bad bounce, Amherst played a darn good game on their home ice and best of luck to them in the Semis.

Looking to the coming weekend, I can't help but predict an Adrian/Wis-Steven's final. But as we know, anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuuk145 View Post
                          A lot of credit is due to this years team, coaches and staff. I'm not the first to admit that I was slightly nervous heading into the season knowing that we're a fairly young team and that the division has gotten extremely competitive. Once again, the Cadets put together a tremendous season with some highlight reel wins, another regular season and division playoff win and an exemplary record. I look forward to seeing how we fare next year, as the division is only going to get more competitive. We are fortunate to be returning some serious talent in all positions.

I was impressed with the Amherst team, and while it's tough to watch your team lose on a bad bounce, Amherst played a darn good game on their home ice and best of luck to them in the Semis.

Looking to the coming weekend, I can't help but predict an Adrian/Wis-Steven's final. But as we know, anything can happen.
                          I'd look for Castleton to make a jump next season. Coach Moffatt will have been through two full recruiting cycles and all the freshmen and sophomores will be his kids. They've got a good goaltender and some good young players. Now they've got to get a few goal scorers in the bunch and they'll be a very tough out again.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

It is 25 shots a game, not 20. Amherst had 26 at the end of regulation, so I was hopeful.

Most teams would have wilted under the 3rd period onslaught that Norwich unleashed on Saturday. Amherst did not and full credit to them for keeping it a one goal game and forcing OT on their EAG goal.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
                              The Amherst announcer on NSN was having a hard time with the camouflage uniforms and didn't mind saying so.
                              I can't disagree. They are hard to see on TV. I remember many years ago there were those sweaters with the NASCAR type font that were almost impossible to read, too. I understand the Camos, but I think more than a couple of times per season would be enough.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Yea need a new third jersey. Gold jersey, old Norwich cursive logo on the front in maroon. maroon/white/maroon arm bands at the elbows with maroon numbers above on arm. 'NU' new logo on shoulders and maroon name and number on back....

Ok, ok so I grabbed most of the idea from Boston College's home jerseys from a few years back.

Comment

Working...
                                X