Norwich 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 14-15

Here's the head-scratcher for me about last night's game: For periods of time, Norwich had intense pressure on Finney and controlled long stretches of the second period in particular. Yet, Plattsburgh scores 4 goals in that period while getting outplayed AND outshot. The first period was pretty even, the third period was an exercise in "pucks in deep" for the Cards. But that second period was a strange one. Once Norwich got behind 2-0, they started pinching and taking risks which subsequently allowed odd-man rushes and produced a 4-0 lead for Platty.
    My guess is once McShane got down 2-0 he must have figured that was going to be enough for Plattsburgh the way Finney was playing and decided to gamble and try and get that goal to make it 2-1. Sometimes it doesn't work.

Comment

I think everyone watching felt the urgency when the Cards went up 2-0. I kept telling myself "cut the lead in half before the intermission". After the second goal, Norwich really dominated the next 5 minutes. The third goal came right in the middle of all the Norwich momentum and that was the game.
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
        I think everyone watching felt the urgency when the Cards went up 2-0. I kept telling myself "cut the lead in half before the intermission". After the second goal, Norwich really dominated the next 5 minutes. The third goal came right in the middle of all the Norwich momentum and that was the game.
        When the Cards went up 2-0, I overheard a Norwich fan say "What are they doing? They're playing like Plattsburgh does when they play us!"

I said to myself, "Yupp".
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Biggest ECAC East Weekend of the season coming up , so what happens?
          Norwich loses to Plattsburgh ... UMB loses to Conn College and ties Hamilton (REALLY???) .... and Babson ties Plymouth State and loses 1-0 at Amherst ... so who has an edge heading into this weekend? Or is the whole thing a wash?

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
            Norwich loses to Plattsburgh ... UMB loses to Conn College and ties Hamilton (REALLY???) .... and Babson ties Plymouth State and loses 1-0 at Amherst ... so who has an edge heading into this weekend? Or is the whole thing a wash?
            Whole thing is a wash...Norwich obviously being on home ice is a little leg up but all three teams will have something to prove for sure to get the bad taste out of the last couple days out.

Put tinfoil on the knuckles and pass out the ammunition it's going to a battle this weekend at Kreitzberg!
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
              Ranking "Easiest weekend to stomach...."
              1. Norwich - They played Plattsburgh in Plattsburgh and still played well
              2. Babson -Tie to Plymouth State isn't great (loss to Trin by 1 night before) and Amherst is becoming a potential contender.
              3. UMB - 0-1-1 vs. teams with 5 wins....combined...at home

Now Babson ties Norwich and UMB beats Norwich but ties St . Mikes just to toss it all off....
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Biggest Weekend of the season ... but nothing in here but crickets ... what has happened to the fired up enthusiastic Norwich fan base?
                Hope this doesn't reflect how many fans we'll get this weekend at Kreitzberg!

Comment

I think everyone is in wait-and-see mode. UMB is coming off a horrible weekend, and I think they need this weekend more than anybody or otherwise their season could spiral. Kind of surprised there aren't more (or any) Babson fans on here given that it's a program with pretty strong tradition.
                  Norwich '13

Comment

• Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                    I think everyone is in wait-and-see mode. UMB is coming off a horrible weekend, and I think they need this weekend more than anybody or otherwise their season could spiral. Kind of surprised there aren't more (or any) Babson fans on here given that it's a program with pretty strong tradition.
                    If "pretty strong tradition" were a factor, I think we'd see fewer Utica fans and more Middlebury fans... Sadly, that is not the case.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I'm still here!
                      Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                        If "pretty strong tradition" were a factor, I think we'd see fewer Utica fans and more Middlebury fans... Sadly, that is not the case.
                        Good observation. Being a part of Greater Boston, I can understand Babson not having the same connection, and therefore fan support, with the local community the way the Plattsburghs, Oswegos, Uticas, and Norwiches of the world do, but I would at least expect some stronger alumni enthusiasm. However, I would expect Middlebury to have enthusiasm at the level of the aforementioned programs, as the college plays a huge part in the community's identity and has unparalleled success in its history. Plus they brag about ranking at the top of the "students/alumni who love their school" rankings. When I do turn on their games I see a lot of empty seats and Kenyon. What gives?
                        Norwich '13

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                          Good observation. Being a part of Greater Boston, I can understand Babson not having the same connection, and therefore fan support, with the local community the way the Plattsburghs, Oswegos, Uticas, and Norwiches of the world do, but I would at least expect some stronger alumni enthusiasm. However, I would expect Middlebury to have enthusiasm at the level of the aforementioned programs, as the college plays a huge part in the community's identity and has unparalleled success in its history. Plus they brag about ranking at the top of the "students/alumni who love their school" rankings. When I do turn on their games I see a lot of empty seats and Kenyon. What gives?
                          Speaking about UMB there is a good chance that the 2024 Summer Olympic games will be at the UMB campus right near the water in South Boston. Boston was selected as the US city in the selection process for the games. All the improvements for the Olympics could make a big difference in the campus. Link to the story follows:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...=pm_sports_pop
                          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                            Speaking about UMB there is a good chance that the 2024 Summer Olympic games will be at the UMB campus right near the water in South Boston. Boston was selected as the US city in the selection process for the games. All the improvements for the Olympics could make a big difference in the campus. Link to the story follows:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...=pm_sports_pop
                            That is how the Plattsburgh State Facilities came about...was training ground for Montreal Summer Games

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

I'd be surprised if Boston gets it.
                              Norwich '13

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                                Biggest Weekend of the season ... but nothing in here but crickets ... what has happened to the fired up enthusiastic Norwich fan base?
                                Hope this doesn't reflect how many fans we'll get this weekend at Kreitzberg!
                                We are here in Maine waiting for the big game to start.
                                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Working...
                                X