Norwich 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich 14-15

"It's a Wonderful Life."......(I wonder how many will get this)
    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
      Nice try Joe ... Charlie knows I love him, even if he sometimes forgets that radio coverage is ALWAYS available ... besides he is ten years older than me!
      10 years older? He must be ancient.
      http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
        "It's a Wonderful Life."......(I wonder how many will get this)
        Having lived about 15 miles south of the original "town" it was filmed in/about, count me in as one of the "sick of it" wonderful life member....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Having lived about 15 miles south of the original "town" it was filmed in/about, count me in as one of the "sick of it" wonderful life member....
          Message from this George ... If you start dissing "It's a Wonderful Life" you are REALLY pressing your luck ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS NORTHFIELD FALLS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
            Message from this George ... If you start dissing "It's a Wonderful Life" you are REALLY pressing your luck ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS NORTHFIELD FALLS !!!
            Thanks! I now have the title for Saturday's score thread!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

We talk college hockey with Norwich's Mike McShane (at 9:30) and St. Mike's Damian DiGiulian (at 10:00) Thursday morning on The Really Big Sports Show on NSN Radio. Go to NSNsports.net to join the conversation!

Comment

Merry Christmas to all the fans of Norwich Hockey from the Deep South of St. Marys, Georgia.
                Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

• Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                  Merry Christmas to all the fans of Norwich Hockey from the Deep South of St. Marys, Georgia.
                  If anyone hasn't had a chance to see it yet, here is our holiday video from Norwich University Athletics!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHdtVjRdmOc
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Merry Christmas and Healthy Holidays to all Norwich Fans and the USCHO community at large.
                    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

I keep waiting for George to come on here and ask where all the chatter is about the Northfield Savings Bank Tournament this weekend!

Three more days Cadet fans till the boys are back on the ice taking on Colby!
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Ugh, I've been watching all of these bowl games and basketball games and now I'm just eager for my school to take the ice again. Questions of particular interest to me heading into the second half:

1. Will a go-to goalie emerge? The two goalies have split the first 10 games. Will McShane continue to go with the platoon or will a number 1 be established/establish himself?
                        2. Will a go-to scorer emerge? So far, the Cadets have a very balanced scoresheet, which can be seen as a strength or a weakness depending on your perspective. I mentioned after the Castleton game that, to me and my untrained eye, it just seems like Pelletier and Niezgoda are starting to assert themselves.
                        3. How will the strength/depth of the ECAC-E play out in the second half? There has been a lot of talk about the increasing depth of the conference, with the likes of St. Mike's and UNE showing improvement, and will this continue to be the story? On the other side, there's also been a lot of scrutiny over UMass-Boston's 10-0-0 record given their schedule, so how will the battles between the top 3 of Norwich, Babson, and UMass-Boston play out? Can the Beacons overcome the Cadets and Beavers to establish a bit more legitimacy and quiet the critics?
                        Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NU Pastime View Post
                          Ugh, I've been watching all of these bowl games and basketball games and now I'm just eager for my school to take the ice again. Questions of particular interest to me heading into the second half:

1. Will a go-to goalie emerge? The two goalies have split the first 10 games. Will McShane continue to go with the platoon or will a number 1 be established/establish himself?
                          2. Will a go-to scorer emerge? So far, the Cadets have a very balanced scoresheet, which can be seen as a strength or a weakness depending on your perspective. I mentioned after the Castleton game that, to me and my untrained eye, it just seems like Pelletier and Niezgoda are starting to assert themselves.
                          3. How will the strength/depth of the ECAC-E play out in the second half? There has been a lot of talk about the increasing depth of the conference, with the likes of St. Mike's and UNE showing improvement, and will this continue to be the story? On the other side, there's also been a lot of scrutiny over UMass-Boston's 10-0-0 record given their schedule, so how will the battles between the top 3 of Norwich, Babson, and UMass-Boston play out? Can the Beacons overcome the Cadets and Beavers to establish a bit more legitimacy and quiet the critics?
                          Good discussion questions to get things rolling.

1. I'm all for the platoon to continue for the rest of the regular season. Norwich is 9-0-1 with the platoon and is among the nation's leaders in defense. "Don't fix what ain't broke."

2. You mentioned it already but Pelletier and Niezgoda after missing time I feel have emerged as Norwich's "go-to" scorers at the moment if you can call it that. This team has 18 different players who have scored goals already. That's incredible and an impressive feat that shouldn't be taken lightly. This team's success has been in large part due to four even lines for the most part that can all score on you, but also play two-way hockey in both zones, which is a McShane staple. The Pelletier/Niezgoda/Salvucci line has been impressive and I think on paper they are your "top line". Regardless, it's nice having Surowiec, McEleney, Lawler, Stewart, Flaherty, Russell, Thieda etc. all chipping in too.

3. I think the difference between the big three in the ECAC East this year will be goaltending. All three teams can score, two of them play exceptional defense and all have seen pretty good goaltending to date. Babson obviously has their horse in Murray, NU has the tandem that's been great so far and UMB has Andrews and Faust who both still haven't proved they can win the big game yet IMHO.

The other thing to keep eyes on in is to see if any of the teams get any second half transfers. Buco transfered to UMass-Boston midseason last year and is now their leading scorer.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            I keep waiting for George to come on here and ask where all the chatter is about the Northfield Savings Bank Tournament this weekend!

Three more days Cadet fans till the boys are back on the ice taking on Colby!
                            I didn't have to ... you did the job well. It would be nice to stir a little more response though, although NU Pastime's questions were certainly good ones.
                            Thing to stress now is tickets ... both for this weekend and even more importantly for the UMB/Babson weekend that follows.

Comment

On WDEV radio 550 Tuesday Mike McShane was interviewed by the owner of the station, Ken Squire. Coach said no new players would be joining the team and Norwich policy was to only concentrate on the next game which is Colby. Also said tickets were still available for the weekend games. It was a very laid back interview that was fun to hear. Coach may only be thinking of Colby but I am already getting ready for the Norwich/Plattsburgh game on Tuesday which has to be one of the biggest games in the new year.
                              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Just watched the local Portland Maine TV news which reports that Coach Jeff Beaney has resigned as head coach of men's hockey at University of Southern Maine. He has had some tough sledding over the last few years--but this year's 1 and 9 start must have been the final straw. USM as a whole is under enormous pressure financially these days--with cuts and layoffs at the campuses in Portland and Gorham . Sad--I hate to see this kind of thing happen. An interim coach has been named--I did not catch the name but I believe he is from the Portland Pirates.
                                Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
                                Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Working...
                                X