Still Complaining About ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Watched the 30 for 30 episode last night on the 1985 Chicago Bears. Very well done. What an amazing impact that team had on popular culture. The players from that team are still Chicago icons, 30 years later.

They released The Super Bowl Shuffle about two months before the Super Bowl, donated all profits to charity (it sold over 1 million copies), and it was actually nominated for a Grammy award.

What a fun team to watch.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

What, the Ocho will be optional??

http://www.northjersey.com/news/espn...ters-1.1514106
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Disgusting.

http://deadspin.com/erin-andrews-esp...out-1762058985
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          It makes me all the happier that I no longer feed that beast.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Ironically, she still works for the Mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Ironically, she still works for the Mouse.
              Fox is owned by Disney?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Fox is owned by Disney?
                Disney is the Illuminati of the entertainment business, it owns everything. Including Rupert Murdoch. At home, he's required to bathe while wearing a set of those iconic ears. It was in the purchase agreement.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Fox is owned by Disney?
                  She works for ABC on Dancing With The Stars.

Comment

Fox is owned by Disney?
                    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    She works for ABC on Dancing With The Stars.
                    Right. While I know people don't spend a lot of time watching that show, it's not as if it's a shock. Crap, my morning TV has a recap of DWTS. Drives me nuts that they think it's that important.

(then again, they have sports segments, which is entertainment, too)

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      It makes me all the happier that I no longer feed that beast.
                      Watched them for years, got sick of their act and went to Fox Sports Live. They 'weren't' ESPN so I could put up with their nonsense. Not sure what happened last week but they seemed to go to a "late show" concept(for lack of a better term). That leaves NESN and if you like Bruins/Red Sox you're all set but I despise both.

What's a sports fan to do?
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        Watched them for years, got sick of their act and went to Fox Sports Live. They 'weren't' ESPN so I could put up with their nonsense. Not sure what happened last week but they seemed to go to a "late show" concept(for lack of a better term). That leaves NESN and if you like Bruins/Red Sox you're all set but I despise both.

Pirate TSN
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post

I dropped cable TV altogether and just picked up the NCHC.tv package. My local NFL team is on local TV, but no other local sports teams can say the same. Thankfully, I just don't care enough about the rest or I might think about putting in the cash to get their streaming services.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Pirate TSN
                            Which is ironic because that's where Dan O'Toole and Jay Onrait came from because Fox Sports wanted a duo who could rival Sports Center (so they grabbed the Sports Centre guys). Ratings never could touch Sports Center, so they finally abandoned the imitation game and are trying to out-ESPN ESPN by hiring former ESPN talent (Jamie Horowitz, Colin Cowherd, Jason Whitlock, etc.).

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/fs1-...ight-show.html

The problem is that ESPN still has the "mildly edible chain restaurant, discount chain barber, and super-mega chain gyms who leave their TV's on ESPN 24/7 but with no volume and no one's watching them ever," ratings market.

*edit* I'm pretty sure there was a study done that said that ESPN has more "accidental views" by pets left home alone and push the remote randomly than some channels have actual viewers.
                            Last edited by aparch; 03-01-2016, 02:29 PM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Right. While I know people don't spend a lot of time watching that show, it's not as if it's a shock. Crap, my morning TV has a recap of DWTS. Drives me nuts that they think it's that important.

(then again, they have sports segments, which is entertainment, too)
                              You need to switch over to CBS Morning News. I made the switch back when they did to a more serious morning news program.
                              Code:
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You know why FSL failed? Because it tried to replicate ESPN. I watched it for a month or so but ended up deciding there was better things to do than Sports Argle Bargle.

If they went back to the old ESPN format, I would have been hooked. Just sports. Just highlights. No "personalities" beyond the two guys at the desk. I don't want or need Donovan McNabb breaking **** down. I just want the scores and the highlights.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X