Still Complaining About ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

No worries, he's just moving over to Fox.

I actually wonder if Fox's management will let him be intelligent instead of forcing him to go into Baylessian commentary like ESPN's management.

Edit:

Nope. GDit Fox...
    According to TBL, Fox doesn’t have any concrete plans for Cowherd yet, but the loudmouth liked the idea of reuniting with president Jamie Horowitz, who worked with Cowherd on SportsNation and is best known as the godfather of ESPN’s “Embrace Debate” era.
    I had hope for FS1. That they hired the "embrace debate" godfather makes me less hopeful.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      No worries, he's just moving over to Fox.

I actually wonder if Fox's management will let him be intelligent instead of forcing him to go into Baylessian commentary like ESPN's management.

Edit:

Nope. GDit Fox...

I had hope for FS1. That they hired the "embrace debate" godfather makes me less hopeful.
      Great. Now we'll have two sports networks infested with idiocy.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Reports are swirling that Jenner negotiated for the AA award in exchange for an interview.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Great. Now we'll have two sports networks infested with idiocy.
          As long as FS1 has Jay and Dan...
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Reports are swirling that Jenner negotiated for the AA award in exchange for an interview.
            I have seen a couple different sources on that. Just another reason to hate why she got the award.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oh now that's some horse shibby right there if that's true.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

I seriously enjoy how upset everyone is that ESPN gave someone a bullcrap award that doesn't matter.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                  I seriously enjoy how upset everyone is that ESPN gave someone a bullcrap award that doesn't matter.
                  I think it's more about it being named after Arthur Ashe. ESPN is basically peeing on his grave with this sham.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I think it's more about it being named after Arthur Ashe. ESPN is basically peeing on his grave with this sham.
                    You're literally the first person I've seen across the entire interwebs who has mentioned Ashe. Every other opinion I've seen has been about the definition of courage, and sharing that picture of the fake runner up soldier.

Nobody gave two craps about the ESPY's prior to this year. They hadn't been shown live in a decade and have never been on ABC. Obviously ratings played a part in their choice for the award, but at the same time there didn't seem to be as big of an uproar when Sam was chosen over Stuart Scott last year.

All in all, what does it matter? It's an ESPY. And if Jenner's speech saved even one kid from committing suicide, or changed a few people's opinions, it was worth it. Everyone got recognized in the end anyway.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Silly question, but what's the IOC rule on TG athletes? Do they compete based on chromosomes or what they want to be identified as?

Think Eastern European "women" shotputters in the 60's.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Silly question, but what's the IOC rule on TG athletes? Do they compete based on chromosomes or what they want to be identified as?

I'm pretty sure that go by what your genetics classify you as... I believe there was a controversy surrounding a "female" runner at the Asian Games... That is the only mention I can recall of this situation...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

According to Wikipedia

Newer rules permit transsexual athletes to compete in the Olympics after having completed sex reassignment surgery, being legally recognized as a member of the sex they wish to compete as, and having undergone two years of hormonal therapy (unless they transitioned before puberty).[10] These controversies continued with the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing.[11]
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

A la carte ESPN???

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/e...?tid=HP_sports
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

36 bucks a month for the tripe that is ESPN? Who besides sports bars can afford to and want to afford that??
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                36 bucks a month for the tripe that is ESPN? Who besides sports bars can afford to and want to afford that??
                                I'd pay $36/mo for all the FoxSports channels, probably. Twins/etc in summer, college hockey in winter. Other than that? GTFO.

Comment

Working...
                                X