Still Complaining About ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

ESPN subscriber drop consistent with other networks.

I know I was sick of how political Golf Channel was getting...
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Maybe if Golf Channel stopped talking about the one black guy who golfs.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Vijay Singh is still golfing?
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Vijay Singh is still golfing?
          Senior cheater
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            ESPN subscriber drop consistent with other networks.

I know I was sick of how political Golf Channel was getting...
            Are you suggesting the Wall Street Journal is right wing and full of crap? Surely you jest...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Are you suggesting the Wall Street Journal is right wing and full of crap? Surely you jest...
              ESPN is losing viewers for 2 reasons:

1. Their content is crap, and for results, it's called the internet
              2. They are part of cable, which many viewers are cutting ties with, including yours truly.

It has nothing to do with their politics. It has to do with pure content and their arrogance to think they are still the best in the sports world. Period.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                ESPN is losing viewers for 2 reasons:

1. Their content is crap, and for results, it's called the internet
                2. They are part of cable, which many viewers are cutting ties with, including yours truly.

It has nothing to do with their politics. It has to do with pure content and their arrogance to think they are still the best in the sports world. Period.
                IMHO, I think you have those in reverse order.

I know most here think that the majority of people are sports fans. I don't think that the majority is that large, or even if it's a majority. So once people figure out that the cable bill is mostly paying for live sports, they look for options, and clearly see streaming options where they don't have to include any sports.

Heck, even if it's not a majority, it's clearly enough people to have a big impact on the bottom line when they see what they are paying for.

It's interesting to talk to people who have no interest at all in sports.

Not that it really matters to us- it matters to ESPN, and in the long, long run- the NBA and the SEC. That's who HUGE chunks of their contracts are to. The ESPN fall may likely put sports into a better perspective in society. Which isn't a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Tony Finau?

Oh, sorry, he's Samoan.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    Uhhhhh, disagree.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      IMHO, I think you have those in reverse order.

I know most here think that the majority of people are sports fans. I don't think that the majority is that large, or even if it's a majority. So once people figure out that the cable bill is mostly paying for live sports, they look for options, and clearly see streaming options where they don't have to include any sports.

Heck, even if it's not a majority, it's clearly enough people to have a big impact on the bottom line when they see what they are paying for.

Not that it really matters to us- it matters to ESPN, and in the long, long run- the NBA and the SEC. That's who HUGE chunks of their contracts are to. The ESPN fall may likely put sports into a better perspective in society. Which isn't a bad thing.
                      It's definitely not a majority. Even the Super Bowl only brings in 1/3 of the country and that's on network TV, and a decent chunk of that is only watching for commercials or because they're at a party.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

NBA draft currently on ESPN and ESPN2.
                        Enough said

Comment

So don’t watch it?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            So don’t watch it?
                            Even better, don't pay for ESPN. I haven't missed it once since I dropped them.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I miss it come the end of the D1 hockey season. Beyond that, not one bit.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                True story: I have no idea whether my Fios package has ESPN. I do not think I've watched it in years. It is the Joe Franklin Show of sports.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X