Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243
Results 841 to 860 of 860

Thread: Still Complaining About ESPN...

  1. #841
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,968

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    True story: I have no idea whether my Fios package has ESPN. I do not think I've watched it in years. It is the Joe Franklin Show of sports.
    It's on there, and it's costing you about $7/mo for it to be there. The House of the Mouse owns it. It's on there.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  2. #842

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    True story: I have no idea whether my Fios package has ESPN. I do not think I've watched it in years. It is the Joe Franklin Show of sports.
    570 - 574 Kep.

    806 is cricket

  3. #843

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,365

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    570 - 574 Kep.

    806 is cricket
    I just discovered the cricket channel!!! I get it!!!

    I got into it because of a Dorothy Sayers novel, Murder Must Advertise. I'm fascinated now.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  4. #844

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,365

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    It's on there, and it's costing you about $7/mo for it to be there. The House of the Mouse owns it. It's on there.
    I think it's part of the first tier of paid channels, yeah.

    One thing that's not on my package is The Weather Channel. I guess this is because of some ongoing p-ssing contest with Verizon. But there is an Acuweather station that when I come across it is perfectly cromulent, but for some reason it's not in my Guide so I never remember where it is. I think it may be way up in the 4-digits.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  5. #845

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I think it's part of the first tier of paid channels, yeah.

    One thing that's not on my package is The Weather Channel. I guess this is because of some ongoing p-ssing contest with Verizon. But there is an Acuweather station that when I come across it is perfectly cromulent, but for some reason it's not in my Guide so I never remember where it is. I think it may be way up in the 4-digits.
    619 right after Fox News.

    No wonder you miss it.

  6. #846
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    26,401

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    It sounds like Disney will be required to sell off Fox’s regional sports channels for this purchase to move forward.

  7. #847
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    So don’t watch it?
    That's a hell of an idea. I had no intention of doing so.

  8. #848
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    167

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Sportscenter could be the worst thing on TV.
    And before some cuckold tells me not to watch then, Ive already stopped

  9. #849
    (((NPC)))
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,659

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    I dont think you know what a cuckold is...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  10. #850
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I dont think you know what a cuckold is...
    I think I do

  11. #851
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,968

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Krug#1 View Post
    Sportscenter could be the worst thing on TV.
    And before some cuckold tells me not to watch then, Ive already stopped
    Are these men with unfaithful sports channels?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  12. #852
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,809

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    I'm more curious about why I should accept the review of a television show by someone who has acknowledged he doesn't watch said show.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  13. #853
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    26,401

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I'm more curious about why I should accept the review of a television show by someone who has acknowledged he doesn't watch said show.
    To be fair, I don't need to watch AIC hockey to know they aren't that good. Or minnesota football.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  14. #854
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,306

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    To be fair, I don't need to watch AIC hockey to know they aren't that good. Or minnesota football.
    This is true.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  15. #855
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    6,809

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    To be fair, I don't need to watch AIC hockey to know they aren't that good. Or minnesota football.
    True, but that's because there is a final score to measure against other teams that you may be familiar with. But with something like a tv show, movie, stage play, music concert, etc..., you might guess the show is bad based upon past experience and who is participating, but until you really watch it yourself I don't know that you can make an informed review. At least I'm not going to trust your review of it.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  16. #856
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,306

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    True, but that's because there is a final score to measure against other teams that you may be familiar with. But with something like a tv show, movie, stage play, music concert, etc..., you might guess the show is bad based upon past experience and who is participating, but until you really watch it yourself I don't know that you can make an informed review. At least I'm not going to trust your review of it.
    I could have told you that Temptation Island and Cop Rock were going to suck, and I never watched a minute of either.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  17. #857

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    22,166

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    So I see ESPN+ keeps adding programming to bolster their service, like putting MLB and NHL games on the service, and most recently with college hockey.


    Does anyone here use the service? I already have MLB.tv and NHL.tv, is there any reason to subscribe to ESPN+? From what I've seen, ESPN+ only simulcasts the home feed for NHL.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

    Live Radio from 100.3

  18. #858

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,647
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    So I see ESPN+ keeps adding programming to bolster their service, like putting MLB and NHL games on the service, and most recently with college hockey.


    Does anyone here use the service? I already have MLB.tv and NHL.tv, is there any reason to subscribe to ESPN+? From what I've seen, ESPN+ only simulcasts the home feed for NHL.
    I, too, have mlb.tv and nhl.tv, plus a VPN to avoid blackouts. I also get FOX sports and BTN2Go.

    I use ESPN+ for 3 down football and college hockey plus the odd International event that I am interested in.

  19. #859
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40,374
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    I, too, have mlb.tv and nhl.tv, plus a VPN to avoid blackouts. I also get FOX sports and BTN2Go.

    I use ESPN+ for 3 down football and college hockey plus the odd International event that I am interested in.
    What vpn?

  20. #860

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,647
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    What vpn?
    Overplay

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •