Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 860

Thread: Still Complaining About ESPN...

  1. #821

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,365

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl? nice...
    Cornell should get an annual bye into the Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl. Cheribundi was developed by Cornell, as its incessant advertising at every break of ILDN games reiterates.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  2. #822
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,441

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Is that really, really, competitive cornhole on ESPN2 right now? Ah-yup.

    Shouldn't these guys be doing PxP? I mean one is known as ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  3. #823

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,668

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    I think Monday nights will have other alternatives

    @richarddeitsch: NEWS: Sources tell @TheAthleticInk that @ESPNBooger will be a field analyst on Monday Night Football ó a new position for MNF. The official broadcasting team next fall: Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten, Booger McFarland and Lisa Salters. Story: https://theathletic.com/344701/2018/...field-analyst/

  4. #824
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    26,412

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Booger? Like revenge of the nerds booger?

  5. #825
    Kicizapi Cetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    14,441

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Booger? Like revenge of the nerds booger?
    Booger.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  6. #826
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,340

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    ESPN subscriber drop consistent with other networks.

    I know I was sick of how political Golf Channel was getting...
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    Go State! Beat Minnesota
    4-6-0 (0-0-0-0, 7th B1G)


    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  7. #827
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    28,278

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Maybe if Golf Channel stopped talking about the one black guy who golfs.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  8. #828
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,323

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Maybe if Golf Channel stopped talking about the one black guy who golfs.
    Vijay Singh is still golfing?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  9. #829
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    40,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Vijay Singh is still golfing?
    Senior cheater

  10. #830
    (((NPC)))
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    38,672

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    ESPN subscriber drop consistent with other networks.

    I know I was sick of how political Golf Channel was getting...
    Are you suggesting the Wall Street Journal is right wing and full of crap? Surely you jest...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  11. #831
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    115,323

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Are you suggesting the Wall Street Journal is right wing and full of crap? Surely you jest...
    ESPN is losing viewers for 2 reasons:

    1. Their content is crap, and for results, it's called the internet
    2. They are part of cable, which many viewers are cutting ties with, including yours truly.

    It has nothing to do with their politics. It has to do with pure content and their arrogance to think they are still the best in the sports world. Period.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  12. #832
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    9,803

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    ESPN is losing viewers for 2 reasons:

    1. Their content is crap, and for results, it's called the internet
    2. They are part of cable, which many viewers are cutting ties with, including yours truly.

    It has nothing to do with their politics. It has to do with pure content and their arrogance to think they are still the best in the sports world. Period.
    IMHO, I think you have those in reverse order.

    I know most here think that the majority of people are sports fans. I don't think that the majority is that large, or even if it's a majority. So once people figure out that the cable bill is mostly paying for live sports, they look for options, and clearly see streaming options where they don't have to include any sports.

    Heck, even if it's not a majority, it's clearly enough people to have a big impact on the bottom line when they see what they are paying for.

    It's interesting to talk to people who have no interest at all in sports.

    Not that it really matters to us- it matters to ESPN, and in the long, long run- the NBA and the SEC. That's who HUGE chunks of their contracts are to. The ESPN fall may likely put sports into a better perspective in society. Which isn't a bad thing.

  13. #833
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,719

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Maybe if Golf Channel stopped talking about the one black guy who golfs.
    Tony Finau?

    Oh, sorry, he's Samoan.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  14. #834
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,719

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    It's interesting to talk to people who have no interest at all in sports.
    Uhhhhh, disagree.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  15. #835
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,340
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    IMHO, I think you have those in reverse order.

    I know most here think that the majority of people are sports fans. I don't think that the majority is that large, or even if it's a majority. So once people figure out that the cable bill is mostly paying for live sports, they look for options, and clearly see streaming options where they don't have to include any sports.

    Heck, even if it's not a majority, it's clearly enough people to have a big impact on the bottom line when they see what they are paying for.

    It's interesting to talk to people who have no interest at all in sports.

    Not that it really matters to us- it matters to ESPN, and in the long, long run- the NBA and the SEC. That's who HUGE chunks of their contracts are to. The ESPN fall may likely put sports into a better perspective in society. Which isn't a bad thing.
    It's definitely not a majority. Even the Super Bowl only brings in 1/3 of the country and that's on network TV, and a decent chunk of that is only watching for commercials or because they're at a party.

  16. #836
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    167

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    NBA draft currently on ESPN and ESPN2.
    Enough said

  17. #837
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    26,412

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    So donít watch it?

  18. #838
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,719

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    So donít watch it?
    Even better, don't pay for ESPN. I haven't missed it once since I dropped them.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  19. #839
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    30,975

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Even better, don't pay for ESPN. I haven't missed it once since I dropped them.
    I miss it come the end of the D1 hockey season. Beyond that, not one bit.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  20. #840

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,365

    Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Even better, don't pay for ESPN. I haven't missed it once since I dropped them.
    True story: I have no idea whether my Fios package has ESPN. I do not think I've watched it in years. It is the Joe Franklin Show of sports.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •