Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    My point was stations are currently broadcasting hockey and I doubt they're doing it out of the goodness of their heart.
    Certain (smaller) stations do it because it does make them money (not necessarily a profit, but you have to fill programming somehow). Someone like ESPN? Nah, they have enough programming, so eff it. I can't blame them, as much as I want to.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      My point was stations are currently broadcasting hockey and I doubt they're doing it out of the goodness of their heart.
      And how ESPN treats the regional channels will be the interesting part. There's no reason the channels should be anything other than regional channels. Which *should* mean they get to keep showing the same stuff. But we will see in a year or so- when we know this deal is going through.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        And how ESPN treats the regional channels will be the interesting part. There's no reason the channels should be anything other than regional channels. Which *should* mean they get to keep showing the same stuff. But we will see in a year or so- when we know this deal is going through.
        End of the day they are subscription based and generate revenue. So that's what drives the bus
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

@FoxNews: JUST IN: ESPN President John Skipper resigns citing substance abuse issue http://fxn.ws/2CzXf0f https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/9...426753/photo/1
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            @FoxNews: JUST IN: ESPN President John Skipper resigns citing substance abuse issue http://fxn.ws/2CzXf0f https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/9...426753/photo/1
            So *THAT* is the high cost item that is costing them money.

Remember kids, don't consume and then negotiate contracts.

Comment

I wonder what happened to ESPN website?

Videos won't play on any of my browsers (just in the last day or two). One of them says that their security certificate had been revoked.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

SC6 deep sixed.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  SC6 deep sixed.
                  Who watches sports center anymore anyway?

Comment

So, the Evil Empire has a replacement for AM SportCenter. something called "Wake UP' I believe. Anybody watching it? From my channel surfing past it, it seems really horrible. Any other comments?
                    Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

It’s ESPN content. So no.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...ntent-on-espn/

Good news for Ivies I guess. Sounds like this whole ESPN+ will be a loser for consumers though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-r...ntent-on-espn/

Good news for Ivies I guess. Sounds like this whole ESPN+ will be a loser for consumers though.
                          Does this mean we have to pay extra for ESPN3/watch ESPN?
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            That's how I'm interpreting it. Thankfully it is happening next week so the Frozen Four will be available.

No way I'm paying an extra fee for their programs. Fox Sports and NBCSN are still an option, and ESPN/2 are both available through HuluTV. If I'm that hard up for one of their live games that are ESPN+ only there are ways to access them for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              I think + is completely different than the tres.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                I think + is completely different than the tres.
                                Correct. ESPN is working to expand its steaming content, and this is part of it.
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X