Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    If there is a just god, all of them. The draft is the single most overhyped sports story every year.
    Amen brother!

The draft simply shows that there are literally hordes of people that are literally addicted to the NFL. I'm talking true, like getting the shakes from going 24 hours without an update to what their team ate for lunch, addiction.

This is one of the reasons I want the NFL to fail on an epic scale.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Saw this on Twitter:

The Public: we want the newspeople to stay! Get rid of the shouting heads!
      ESPN: Ok, get rid of the newspeople.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        Amen brother!

The draft simply shows that there are literally hordes of people that are literally addicted to the NFL. I'm talking true, like getting the shakes from going 24 hours without an update to what their team ate for lunch, addiction.

This is one of the reasons I want the NFL to fail on an epic scale.
        Probably gets better ratings then Stanley cup.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Saw this on Twitter:

The Public: we want the newspeople to stay! Get rid of the shouting heads!
          ESPN: Ok, get rid of the newspeople.
          More of a reason to watch the EPL instead of SC in the morning.

One wonders if Fox, CBS, or NBC will take a chance on a SC like show again. Lotta talent to try. Just costs more money than doing another action show.

Comment

If there is a just god, all of them. The draft is the single most overhyped sports story every year.
            What are the ratings for the NFL Draft vs. SC Playoffs?
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

One wonders if Fox, CBS, or NBC will take a chance on a SC like show again. Lotta talent to try. Just costs more money than doing another action show.
              I actually doubt it, since the major sports now have their own networks, and the major networks have their own priorities. For example, I wouldn't expect Fox to do much with hockey highlights at the national level, nor would I expect NBC to do much with MLB.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                I actually doubt it, since the major sports now have their own networks, and the major networks have their own priorities. For example, I wouldn't expect Fox to do much with hockey highlights at the national level, nor would I expect NBC to do much with MLB.
                Which is kind of a bummer for the generalists out there. I'm not willing to choose a specific sport to only watch their highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Probably not going to see TV like this again. Most people can just go to any number of options on the web to see highlights of any game/match they want to see. No need to sit through 35 minutes of show to see Sox/Tigers highlights from last night.

Also remember that NBC tried this with The 'Lights back in 2013 and no one tuned in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                    Also remember that NBC tried this with The 'Lights back in 2013 and no one tuned in.
                    Which is a shame, I really liked that show. Great for watching while on a treadmill at the gym.

But you hit the nail on the head for why even that great idea won't work anymore.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Which is a shame, I really liked that show. Great for watching while on a treadmill at the gym.

But you hit the nail on the head for why even that great idea won't work anymore.
                      Yeah, but on the other hand, if I want to see highlights from around the league, ....

Well, in that case I'd probably be more likely to tune into a 15-minute show that just covered baseball highlights.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yeah, but on the other hand, if I want to see highlights from around the league, ....

Well, in that case I'd probably be more likely to tune into a 15-minute show that just covered baseball highlights.
                        We're the last generation(currently ~28-35 years old) that used TV as our main source for this info. Kids born after that use the web. MLB has a list of scores/highlights on their front page. Just a few clicks get you there.

This is no different than our parents looking in the paper vs us watching the 8am SportsCenter.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          We're the last generation(currently ~28-35 years old) that used TV as our main source for this info. Kids born after that use the web. MLB has a list of scores/highlights on their front page. Just a few clicks get you there.

This is no different than our parents looking in the paper vs us watching the 8am SportsCenter.
                          Point taken.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thing is it seems to be a regression in pleasing the senses in that at least SC showed highlights which I like to see. Before that your newspaper did not and I certainly don't look to checking out highlights when on my phone (although I will from a laptop).

Comment

The saddest part of this whole thing is that Barry Melrose still has a job...

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                                The saddest part of this whole thing is that Barry Melrose still has a job...
                                Did they kill Milbury at least?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X