Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    If you ask a question, or make an assertion, that doesn't feed one side or another's argument, you're either triggered or pout-raging. Because you can't just be curious or not share the group's opinions these days.
    There's asking a question and "just asking questions..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRxbGJuCw8

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      There's asking a question and "just asking questions..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elRxbGJuCw8
      What's so bad about Emperor Palpatine? I'm just asking...

Comment

The ESPN editor kinda tries to argue Trump isn't a white supremacist because... reasons?

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn...ll-column.html

Comment

The ESPN editor kinda tries to argue Trump isn't a white supremacist because... reasons?

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn...ll-column.html
          I think a lot of it depends on how you define white supremacist. I don't really think he is, the only thing he cares about is himself, but can see how others think it.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I think a lot of it depends on how you define white supremacist. I don't really think he is, the only thing he cares about is himself, but can see how others think it.
            If you are a sympathizer, or you condone an action you are painted with the same brush. Not all Nazis wanted to kill all the Jews, but the second you defend them or take action to help them you are with them. (read the book or see the movie Mother Night by Vonnegut if you want a great example)

Maybe Trump isnt a White Supremacist, but he takes no action to stop them and in the best light passively defends them. (in the worst light agrees and condones their actions) As such he is one of them.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Not to mention those groups see him as being on their side and emboldened because of what he says/does. And his rhetoric basically echoes many of their core beliefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                If you are a sympathizer, or you condone an action you are painted with the same brush. Not all Nazis wanted to kill all the Jews, but the second you defend them or take action to help them you are with them. (read the book or see the movie Mother Night by Vonnegut if you want a great example)

Maybe Trump isnt a White Supremacist, but he takes no action to stop them and in the best light passively defends them. (in the worst light agrees and condones their actions) As such he is one of them.
                The only issue I have with the "broad brush" point is that I'll defend their right to voice their opinion. I despise them, condemn them (as is my right and belief), but I won't deny them their rights just because of my opinion. So, technically, I am defending them in a way.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  The only issue I have with the "broad brush" point is that I'll defend their right to voice their opinion. I despise them, condemn them (as is my right and belief), but I won't deny them their rights just because of my opinion. So, technically, I am defending them in a way.
                  No there is a difference between what you say and what he says. The ACLU defended the KKK's right to speech that doesnt make them part of the KKK.

It is the act of actually defending what they say and how they act that takes it a step too far. You can defend their right to say racist stuff, but when you defend the racist stuff or the violent acts the racists take then you are in league with them.

At least that is the difference in my mind ya know.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No there is a difference between what you say and what he says. The ACLU defended the KKK's right to speech that doesnt make them part of the KKK.

It is the act of actually defending what they say and how they act that takes it a step too far. You can defend their right to say racist stuff, but when you defend the racist stuff or the violent acts the racists take then you are in league with them.

At least that is the difference in my mind ya know.
                    I agree with that. How they act? Ok, we have issues.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      The only issue I have with the "broad brush" point is that I'll defend their right to voice their opinion.
                      No one is arguing you can't nor that it makes you a white supremacist. Very few people are actually trying to silence anyone so it's odd how often you bring up this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        No one is arguing you can't nor that it makes you a white supremacist. Very few people are actually trying to silence anyone so it's odd how often you bring up this point.
                        There were some people (not on here) that said that because I defended their right to their opinion, I was sympathizing with them and therefore I was racist. Yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          There were some people (not on here) that said that because I defended their right to their opinion, I was sympathizing with them and therefore I was racist. Yeah.
                          Ok, but since none of us on here knew you were refuting an argument made elsewhere, do you understand why it appeared you were arguing against a straw man?

Comment

The ACLU defended the KKK's right to speech that doesnt make them part of the KKK.
                            I think the California chapter decided to stop doing that too.

Comment

I think the California chapter decided to stop doing that too.
                              They did and I hate them for it. Civil Liberties are the most important things we have. The ACLU should take the heat and defend free speech.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Kirk Herbstreit to Washington: Be happy we're airing your games at all.

http://deadsp.in/xkHWRhZ
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X