Still Complaining About ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Geez I don't know. They've got their work cut out for them with CNN's coverage last night of snow in NYC with the Blizzardmobile.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The money grab of all time... Cricket is a niche sport in the USA, but it has its followers (mostly folks from the British Empire and it's former colonies) - including me. When ESPN won the US and Caribbean rights to the Cricket World Cup (starts next weekend from Australia and New Zealand), they said it would be on ESPN3 for US viewers.

No more.

The *******kers have decided to charge $100 to watch the WC. The trouble is, the games start at 8:20 or 10:20 in the evening (EST) and run for about 8 hours. So who is going to be watching other than the occasional insomniac or rabid fan from the sub continent?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Chris Fowler replaced by rece Davis on College gameday. Pass.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You should have to pay to be lame enough to watch cricket.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc_CesMUb5E
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Try it. You'll like it. Beats the crap out of football - especially the 20 over format.

It takes about 3 matches to figure out out enough to fully enjoy it, but T20 is swing for the fences on every pitch (bowl).
              Last edited by joecct; 02-06-2015, 01:05 AM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Search for Tendulkar on YouTube.
                Last edited by joecct; 02-06-2015, 01:07 AM.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Chris Fowler replaced by rece Davis on College gameday. Pass.
                  Glad I got to go with Fowler hosting. Yuck.
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    @PeteAbe: ESPN picks up two early #RedSox games: April 12 at #Yankees and May 3 vs. #Yankees. Both at 8:05 now.
                    Whew. I was worried I wouldn't get the opportunity to watch all 45 Red Sox/Yankees games this year.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Try it. You'll like it. Beats the crap out of football - especially the 20 over format.

It takes about 3 matches to figure out out enough to fully enjoy it, but T20 is swing for the fences on every pitch (bowl).
                      Lived in the Middle East for a year and it was on tv a lot. Went to see local tests and even participated some. Ok to play, a yawner to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        Whew. I was worried I wouldn't get the opportunity to watch all 45 Red Sox/Yankees games this year.
                        If people watched games that didn't involve the same handful of teams, ESPN would broadcast them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          If people watched games that didn't involve the same handful of teams, ESPN would broadcast them.
                          If ESPN was located in Springfield, Illinois instead of Bristol, Conn., Cubs-Cards would be as overplayed as Red Sox-Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            If ESPN was located in Springfield, Illinois instead of Bristol, Conn., Cubs-Cards would be as overplayed as Red Sox-Yankees.
                            That must be why ESPN focuses so much attention on the Mets. Not to mention the Celtics, Knicks, Nets, Jets, Giants, Rangers, Islanders and Bruins.
                            Last edited by Priceless; 02-06-2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I want to ***** about ESPN like the best of them. But this 30 for 30 movie about the Soviet Hockey team is really interesting.

I had no idea that the Olympic Village in Lake Placid was built to be a prison- which is what it is today. We housed the world's athletes in a prison to be? Really?

Still, learning more about the Soviet hockey program is pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                I had no idea that the Olympic Village in Lake Placid was built to be a prison- which is what it is today. We housed the world's athletes in a prison to be? Really?
                                Disney conveniently left that out of Miracle, didn't they?

This is a great documentary so far. I heard Red Army is supposed to be even better.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X