Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    If youíre tuning into a game, you arenít watching their in studio news/analysis shows.

Iíd say that you canít possibly be that stupid, but your comment history suggests otherwise.
    I used to watch SportsCenter every night. I think it's been 10 years or so since I last did.

I think I watch ESPN3 more than I watch the mothership.

Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

ACL (American Cornhole League) is showing on the Deuce right now. Really.

Um, "cornhole" is a much different term in civilized parts. We call it "Bags." (FTR, I think the game is stupid either way)
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    ACL (American Cornhole League) is showing on the Deuce right now. Really.

Um, "cornhole" is a much different term in civilized parts. We call it "Bags." (FTR, I think the game is stupid either way)
    It's the college league...

All SEC schools. Arkansas is up 19-5 over Georgia in the championship.

Its called Cornhole. Bags is a ****ing stupid name.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Capt

Nothing on here about Disney purchasing 21st Century Fox assets (and thus, the regional FS networks)? Not sure what to expect, but hope ESPN doesn't jack those up like everything else.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/tvrad...medium=twitter

Lucia Apologist

Itís in about ten threads already.

Capt

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Itís in about ten threads already.
    Uh, no?

Lucia Apologist

Itís in the movies thread and I think I posted it in the business thread.

Ten was an exaggeration

Ten was an exaggeration
    It was posted in seven but Disney acquired three threads and consolidated them into one.

Lucia Apologist

God ****it

Capt

Ten was an exaggeration
    Ah, ya. I guess I should have looked in movies given Disney was involved, but I still would have thought this would be the main place for it. /shrug.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Ah, ya. I guess I should have looked in movies given Disney was involved, but I still would have thought this would be the main place for it. /shrug.
    Considering the number of things this merger effects, some in very different ways, it makes sense that it's in multiple threads.

What's hard to figure out is what happens to the many Fox Sports (Region) channels? Everything I've read is that FS1 and FS2 stays with Fox, but the regional channels move to ESPN (no point in hiding it under disney). Do they now work with the various ESPN radio channels?

If you look at what teams are covered under the regional channels- NBA, MLB, and NHL plus a number of college teams. Some are an easy fit, since ESPN already does BB and BB (), college teams are fine, too. Hockey, though.... And there's far more regional hockey than what NBC shows.

A very different story from movies and making TV shows.

Hockey is going to take it in the shorts and it wont even be funny. They may spend a year trying to pretend things wont change so people keep watching but with the ratings hockey (pro and college) get you will see that shunted off to streaming stations and production will go to crap. ESPN will then do what it always does, find the 2-3 teams that can maybe draw an audience and show them over and over and over again.

Hockey teams that have a chance will find local stations to show them. Big Ten teams will probably get an increased amount of games. Every other league is going to feel it though. (as will we just a bit less)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Hockey teams that have a chance will find local stations to show them. Big Ten teams will probably get an increased amount of games. Every other league is going to feel it though. (as will we just a bit less)
    What local stations? Unless you are talking about the handful of comcast regional sports channels, the Fox Sports Regional ARE the places for all the regional sports. And those are to be ESPN....

That's what I don't see.

I mean local, not regional. Local affiliates (or Comcast stations as well) and they will only be shown in certain areas. Think of how things were prior to FSN...that is what I am talking about.

Put it another way, if you want to watch Michigan hockey and you dont live in Michigan...you better hope it is on BTN or most likely you are SOL. There wont be sports packs, there wont be ways to find it through other stations or networks, where you live will dictate what you see.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Handy - why haven't the hockey games currently being shown period on any network already been replaced with other programming?

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    I mean local, not regional. Local affiliates (or Comcast stations as well) and they will only be shown in certain areas. Think of how things were prior to FSN...that is what I am talking about.

Put it another way, if you want to watch Michigan hockey and you dont live in Michigan...you better hope it is on BTN or most likely you are SOL. There wont be sports packs, there wont be ways to find it through other stations or networks, where you live will dictate what you see.
    Crap.

So you think the RSN Sportspaks on DirecTV and Dish are kaput? How much, you think, moves to E$PN Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Handy - why haven't the hockey games currently being shown period on any network already been replaced with other programming?
    They have. But Fox has a different relationship with hockey than ESPN does anyways.

My point was stations are currently broadcasting hockey and I doubt they're doing it out of the goodness of their heart.

Thread Information