Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I'll settle for calling Lebron the greatest if Lebron fans stop posting Durant memes all over social media.
    This. KD joined a superteam. LB tried to create one. Reason for both? Win a ring. And the latter bordered on collusion.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Around The Horn spent 4 minutes debating a fake Woj tweet.

http://deadspin.com/around-the-horn-...ium=socialflow

At least Reali owned it.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

ESPN dropping baseball??

http://www.barrons.com/articles/as-m...=bol-social-fb
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Retweeted Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch):

ESPN's Dan Shulman is stepping away from Sunday Night Baseball after this season. @SInow Media column: https://t.co/ecL9YLza3J
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            It's not a matter of politics; it's a matter of where Hank, Jr. is popular.
            It's partly politics, but mostly that intro just sucked as-s.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              It's partly politics, but mostly that intro just sucked as-s.
              I'll have to take your word for it. MNF isn't something I can watch very often.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

ESPN is awful but the 30 for 30s are sometimes very good.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The 30s are beyond awesome, even if they are about an event you don't care about. I wish Netflix still had them.....
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Watched the XFL one this weekend (had TiVo-ed it awhile ago). It was ... fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      Watched the XFL one this weekend (had TiVo-ed it awhile ago). It was ... fascinating.
                      My favorites (although put quotation marks around the first one) are "The Four Falls Of Buffalo" and "The Badger" (LeMond). The Escobars is pretty good, and chasing Tyson was outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        My favorites (although put quotation marks around the first one) are "The Four Falls Of Buffalo" and "The Badger" (LeMond). The Escobars is pretty good, and chasing Tyson was outstanding.
                        This was the first one I'd seen. I enjoyed it -- can't believe NBC went whole hog on the XFL without a plan, rules, teams, etc. It was kind of crazy on their part.

Comment

This was the first one I'd seen. I enjoyed it -- can't believe NBC went whole hog on the XFL without a plan, rules, teams, etc. It was kind of crazy on their part.
                          And yet, the XFL led to the midfield overhead camera and such in the NFL. Kinda crazy.

Comment

And yet, the XFL led to the midfield overhead camera and such in the NFL. Kinda crazy.
                            They did cover the advances that the XFL brought to the NFL -- the overhead cam, cams on the field, mic-ing players, etc.

Comment

They did cover the advances that the XFL brought to the NFL -- the overhead cam, cams on the field, mic-ing players, etc.
                              Good. I need to see that. Netflix doesn't have them anymore. I also want to see the Daly one and the Celtics/Lakers one.

Comment

Good. I need to see that. Netflix doesn't have them anymore. I also want to see the Daly one and the Celtics/Lakers one.
                                The 30 For 30's are some of my favorite television, but the Lakers/Celtics one, for me, was meh. It was a good topic for a 30 For 30. They just didn't need to make it into that long (three parts) of a movie. The race angle was the most interesting part of the series.

Or, maybe it was just listening to Donnie Wahlberg narrate the Boston part of it. That was the best Boston could do?
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X