Still Complaining About ESPN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Still Complaining About ESPN...

Speaking of rights fees. What was paid for domestic, digital, and world wide TV rights for the Indian Premier League.

http://es.pn/2wykUxI
    http://es.pn/2wybZMW

That's for cricket.
    Last edited by joecct; 09-04-2017, 03:09 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Speaking of rights fees. What was paid for domestic, digital, and world wide TV rights for the Indian Premier League.

http://es.pn/2wykUxI
      http://es.pn/2wybZMW

That's for cricket.
      Now, then. Is that for television rights in India? If so, that's about 1.5 billion potential people to watch. That may or may not be justifiable.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        Now, then. Is that for television rights in India? If so, that's about 1.5 billion potential people to watch. That may or may not be justifiable.
        World wide - big bucks are for India, but it's not chump change for the rest of the world - even the US where I am a faithful watcher and fan of the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• So, Jemele Hill called Trump a white supremacist on Twitter.

The White House got ****ed.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            So, Jemele Hill called Trump a white supremacist on Twitter.

The White House got ****ed.
            Double standard?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...speak-out.html
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              They brought back Hank Williams Jr., a guy who basically said Obama is Hitler. So no double standard but feel free to continue pout-raging.

Comment

Cut the cord, and free of ESPN. Good riddance.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Mookie is prolly going to turn on espn at some point this next week. Haven't seen it for 11 weeks.... have not suffered one iota
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    Cut the cord, and free of ESPN. Good riddance.
                    The only time I miss it is during the NCAA hockey tournament.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      The only time I miss it is during the NCAA hockey tournament.
                      I'll go to a bar to watch the games I want to see. I'd rather give them money for beer than Dish money for ESPN.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        They brought back Hank Williams Jr., a guy who basically said Obama is Hitler. So no double standard but feel free to continue pout-raging.
                        Pout-raging?!! I just asked a question.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Pout-raging?!! I just asked a question.
                          If you ask a question, or make an assertion, that doesn't feed one side or another's argument, you're either triggered or pout-raging. Because you can't just be curious or not share the group's opinions these days.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            If you ask a question, or make an assertion, that doesn't feed one side or another's argument, you're either triggered or pout-raging. Because you can't just be curious or not share the group's opinions these days.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbLlCxK0pHY

Comment

• So, there was a Big Fight last night that ended in a draw; one of the judges scored it 118-110 in favor of Canelo (?).

1. Teddy Atlas and Stephen A had a shouting match on ESPN after the fight.

2. Misogynists are saying women shouldn't be allowed as judges.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                So, there was a Big Fight last night that ended in a draw; one of the judges scored it 118-110 in favor of Canelo (?).

1. Teddy Atlas and Stephen A had a shouting match on ESPN after the fight.

2. Misogynists are saying women shouldn't be allowed as judges.
                                Screamin A has more shouting matches before 9AM than most people do all day.

Men are just as incompetent/corrupt as women.

Comment

Working...
                                X