Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    If the hourly pay is better at your current position, would keeping your current position and picking up something else part time to supplement be a possibility?
    Possibly. At least with the Wesco job, I know what the hours would be, those being second shift. (2/3 PM to 10/11 PM).

However, I'm also applying to full time positions, such as banks and sales, in an effort to find an "adult" job.
    twitter: PipersHouse920
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    269/1,000 miles ran, 0/2,000 on bicycle
    Next race: FUNderwear Run 5K on March 12, Irish Jig 5K on March 18.

Master of Science

Major flooding occurring in my hometown. We had a 100 year flood back in 2003 (flood stage of river is 17 feet, crested at 27 that year). We are approaching that again with more rain to come. The neighborhood I grew up in, and where my parents still live is essentially an island now. Water is again entering my parents basement (via sewer backup). After the last flood several homes were demolished and left as green space due to being in flood prone areas.

Here is a news story from a local station. The neighborhood they are standing in front of and talking about is where my parents live. http://wane.com/2015/06/18/flooding-...ns-in-decatur/

Good thoughts, prayers, what not for those affected by this. I am unfortunately living in Idaho right now and can't make it back to help.

prayers for all involved. You too.

Master of Science
    Quote Originally Posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    Major flooding occurring in my hometown. We had a 100 year flood back in 2003 (flood stage of river is 17 feet, crested at 27 that year). We are approaching that again with more rain to come. The neighborhood I grew up in, and where my parents still live is essentially an island now. Water is again entering my parents basement (via sewer backup). After the last flood several homes were demolished and left as green space due to being in flood prone areas.

Here is a news story from a local station. The neighborhood they are standing in front of and talking about is where my parents live. http://wane.com/2015/06/18/flooding-...ns-in-decatur/

Good thoughts, prayers, what not for those affected by this. I am unfortunately living in Idaho right now and can't make it back to help.
    At the moment it sounds like the river crested and may have actually dropped. My family was smart and started getting things out of the basement and protecting stuff before any water started coming in. My brother already had sandbags ready to keep water contained to one room and they managed to do so for the most part (about an inch or so escaped but they got it cleaned up and adjusted sandbags and got the leak stopped). Mom says they got some more rain today but it's been light. More forecast for this weekend but hopeful that it won't cause a further rise in the river.

Edit: in the link below there is an aerial photo of my hometown. The neighborhood at the bottom there surrounded by water is mine. Our house is actually in the middle. People on the top of the neighborhood (top in the picture) have to put sandbags behind their homes to prevent water from coming in through basement doors and what not.

http://wane.com/2015/06/19/adams-wab...r-emergencies/
    Last edited by Proud2baLaker; 06-19-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    At the moment it sounds like the river crested and may have actually dropped. My family was smart and started getting things out of the basement and protecting stuff before any water started coming in. My brother already had sandbags ready to keep water contained to one room and they managed to do so for the most part (about an inch or so escaped but they got it cleaned up and adjusted sandbags and got the leak stopped). Mom says they got some more rain today but it's been light. More forecast for this weekend but hopeful that it won't cause a further rise in the river.

Edit: in the link below there is an aerial photo of my hometown. The neighborhood at the bottom there surrounded by water is mine. Our house is actually in the middle. People on the top of the neighborhood (top in the picture) have to put sandbags behind their homes to prevent water from coming in through basement doors and what not.

http://wane.com/2015/06/19/adams-wab...r-emergencies/
    Yikes! hoping they stay dry! (well as dry as possible)

There are signs that WalMart Corporate's tight grip on the payroll budget might be eased soon. Yesterday, the lead checkout super told me I was getting more hours and gave me a rewritten schedule. That's good, because for the past month or so, I've been averaging 17 hours a week.
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Official Bottom Ten Spokesman

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    There are signs that WalMart Corporate's tight grip on the payroll budget might be eased soon. Yesterday, the lead checkout super told me I was getting more hours and gave me a rewritten schedule. That's good, because for the past month or so, I've been averaging 17 hours a week.
    Glad to hear the good news!
    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Very well, said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    A fair assessment Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Glad to hear the good news!
    I also need to educate my supervisors about my mental illnesses... it's not like I wake up and intend to bite someone's head off when I come into work.
    ― Franz Kafka

One of my son's teammates on UML Track & Field team, Oluwatoni Onikeku (Toni), drowned this past week. Awful circumstances. Everyone is devastated. The les family included. Would appreciate prayers and good vibes for the family and for the team. Can't believe this happened. He was so young Heartwarming and heartbreaking to read the comments on the go-fund-me page.
    http://www.gofundme.com/tonionikeku

So sorry to hear that! Prayers on the way!
    Very well, said.
    A fair assessment Bob.

pawn in game of life

f u cancer! f u! f u! f u!

My aunt (my mom's older sister) has been moved to hospice. She is the one that encouraged me to become an artist. I want to tear everything apart and burst out in tears. Then I found out that my other aunt (my mom's younger sister) has a mast on her lung. They are thinking that it could be the cancer resurging.

f u! f u! f u!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Quote Originally Posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    f u cancer! f u! f u! f u!

My aunt (my mom's older sister) has been moved to hospice. She is the one that encouraged me to become an artist. I want to tear everything apart and burst out in tears. Then I found out that my other aunt (my mom's younger sister) has a mast on her lung. They are thinking that it could be the cancer resurging.

f u! f u! f u!
    Cancer sucks. * you cancer

pawn in game of life

F u cancer! My aunt died early this morning.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Quote Originally Posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    F u cancer! My aunt died early this morning.
    May the Angels lead you into paradise; may the martyrs greet you at your arrival and lead you into the holy city, Jerusalem. May the choir of Angels greet you and like Lazarus, who once was a poor man, may you have eternal rest.

Alien With an Attitude

Our men's golf league had a road trip today. I stayed home due to other commitments and this afternoon got an email from the league president that one of the guys suffered a fatal heart attack on the 11th hole. Carl Williams was a big bear of a man who was always smiling and laughing. Just two days ago he gave me a new pair of Ashworth shoes that he'd won at a tournament.

He'll be missed, but not forgotten, especially ever time I lace up the shoes.

RIP Carl.
    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Sorry to hear LWB and SteveP

So sorry for your losses Steve and Lady. Prayers for those involved in both situations.
    Very well, said.
    A fair assessment Bob.

pawn in game of life

I just got back from my aunt's funeral. At the family dinner before the funeral, I found out that my other aunt's cancer has returned. I don't know how they are going to attack it. Then seeing my other aunt at the funeral, she has more than a few screws loose. Unsure if it dementia or what.

Oh, this just came in while typing the above: my husband's boss just died from cancer.

F U Cancer!

Sorry LwB. Hang in there.

Sometimes things just seem to pile up in life, Lady. Praying for you and yours.
    Very well, said.
    A fair assessment Bob.

Thread Information