Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Fighting Sioux Fan Forever

Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

****. Just ****. Talked to my childhood best friend this morning - he has 9 months to live. **** off and die cancer!
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    ****. Just ****. Talked to my childhood best friend this morning - he has 9 months to live. **** off and die cancer!
    * cancer

Eater of Worlds

Need some good vibes as my wife got passed over for a position she wanted... again. She's been teaching in two classrooms and riding the bus in the afternoon as her aide is incompetent. However, the big boss said she's "Not connecting with her aide" and "didn't wow them." So apparently going above and beyond and working yourself to the point of exhaustion doesn't get you what you want. Even though she's the second most senior teacher there. Bleep them. Bleep them all.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Quote Originally Posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
    Need some good vibes as my wife got passed over for a position she wanted... again. She's been teaching in two classrooms and riding the bus in the afternoon as her aide is incompetent. However, the big boss said she's "Not connecting with her aide" and "didn't wow them." So apparently going above and beyond and working yourself to the point of exhaustion doesn't get you what you want. Even though she's the second most senior teacher there. Bleep them. Bleep them all.
    prayers for you guys. My thought would be maybe it is time to look at if this is where she is supposed to be. If admin is that stupid it could be time to look some where that appreciates caring and hard work. You can sell your soul for the kids but at some point you might realize that you need some of your soul for yourself

Official Bottom Ten Spokesman

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the kind of stuff that's driven many a good teacher, including my wife, away from the classroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Very well, said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    A fair assessment Bob.

Eater of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the kind of stuff that's driven many a good teacher, including my wife, away from the classroom.
    She's already planning to get out of there as soon as she can find something. She was told she was getting that morning classroom, but got it taken away. I'm even questioning if I'll get promoted at the end of the year because she's been screwed over so much. I know I'm confident in my abilities, but I can't help but worry.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

She's already planning to get out of there as soon as she can find something. She was told she was getting that morning classroom, but got it taken away. I'm even questioning if I'll get promoted at the end of the year because she's been screwed over so much. I know I'm confident in my abilities, but I can't help but worry.
    A patient once asked me a very thought provoking question- Do you live to work or work so you can live? I realized I work so I can do what I want in life so I should make the things outside of life my focus. Sometimes I forget that but it sure helps when I want out. I get a paycheck every pay period. Sometimes it is enough to pay for the irritation. Sometimes it isn't.

Eater of Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    A patient once asked me a very thought provoking question- Do you live to work or work so you can live? I realized I work so I can do what I want in life so I should make the things outside of life my focus. Sometimes I forget that but it sure helps when I want out. I get a paycheck every pay period. Sometimes it is enough to pay for the irritation. Sometimes it isn't.
    I know. My wife and I both love what we do, but barely anything has gone right for us the three-plus years we've been married. It's like the switch was flipped and all the bad just came flowing. That's why I'm so nervous about everything in the world. The jobs... the lack of adding to our family. It's getting to us. I've been told so many times that we're not given more we can handle. Stop giving us stuff to handle. Lighten the burden a little, please.

Still upright

I know. My wife and I both love what we do, but barely anything has gone right for us the three-plus years we've been married. It's like the switch was flipped and all the bad just came flowing. That's why I'm so nervous about everything in the world. The jobs... the lack of adding to our family. It's getting to us. I've been told so many times that we're not given more we can handle. Stop giving us stuff to handle. Lighten the burden a little, please.
    I'll keep you in my thoughts there MB. It's easy to get disillusioned, because in the work place there is so much political BS, but hang in there and don't do anything you might not be proud of. At the same time you kind of have to toot your own horn, and it seems your wife's aid has been talking to someone about your wife in a negative way.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Good news: my dad spoke with the Norton Shores PD tonight, and this "no car" drama is over with. All my dad needs to do now is sign a paper, bring it to the auto body shop where it's being held, and the car will be released back to him. There is the matter of fixing the windshield, but that will happen after we bring it home.

BIG sigh of relief.
    twitter: PipersHouse920
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    269/1,000 miles ran, 0/2,000 on bicycle
    Next race: FUNderwear Run 5K on March 12, Irish Jig 5K on March 18.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Good news: my dad spoke with the Norton Shores PD tonight, and this "no car" drama is over with. All my dad needs to do now is sign a paper, bring it to the auto body shop where it's being held, and the car will be released back to him. There is the matter of fixing the windshield, but that will happen after we bring it home.

BIG sigh of relief.
    Good to hear.

Have you gotten a paycheck yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CLS View Post
    Good to hear.

Have you gotten a paycheck yet?
    A few, actually. With Thanksgiving around the corner, I'll be picking up much more hours, which means the numbers on that check will be much larger.

However, my anxiety disorder kicks up at work. Has me worried that I won't pass the 90 day eval, that I'm being set up to fail, that sort of thing, and I've been unable to quiet these thoughts...
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka

Fighting Sioux Fan Forever

That 9 months didn't quite work out - he died Monday.
    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

* Cancer!
    ― Franz Kafka

Sorry SFIS

what Bob and les said. **** **** **** cancer!! I lost a good friend to it this September. in his fifties. the agony the patient goes through (sometimes the treatment IS worse than the disease), the suffering of family and friends, the helplessness of the medical community to heal. GAWD!!! * cancer. /end rant.

MEUSA's daughter and in-laws just had a horrible fire. Prayers for them all. There is a go fund me page started. Please give. Such a tragedy.
    http://www.gofundme.com/hvtzg4?fb_ac...2fb_cr_n%22%5D

A few, actually. With Thanksgiving around the corner, I'll be picking up much more hours, which means the numbers on that check will be much larger.

However, my anxiety disorder kicks up at work. Has me worried that I won't pass the 90 day eval, that I'm being set up to fail, that sort of thing, and I've been unable to quiet these thoughts...
    Sure enough, my mind was screwing with me. Had the eval today, and I passed, rating as a "solid performer" and an "asset to the Club." This means I'm off probation and am now permanent.
    ― Franz Kafka

Generic Catchy Message

Sure enough, my mind was screwing with me. Had the eval today, and I passed, rating as a "solid performer" and an "asset to the Club." This means I'm off probation and am now permanent.
    Congrats, that's awesome! Those hefty holiday hour paychecks will be extra nice too.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

w00000t!1!!1!!1!!!

Thread Information