The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Thoughts heading to you and your family, SG.

I found out last night that my MIL has breast cancer. On the plus side, they did find it early. Sounds like they are going to do a lumpectomy and localized radiation.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Thanks everyone, heading to hospice to see him today, first time in about a month...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        Thanks everyone, heading to hospice to see him today, first time in about a month...
        Hope all went well

LwB- prayers your way

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Do whatever you can to find time to see and talk with him as much as you can. You will not regret making the time and effort.

Comment

Friend of mine... her daughter has Type 1 diabetes, and over the last 15 months, daughter has been spending a lot of time in ER with things like DKA and other issues. They've racked up an enormous debt, and Mom is barely hanging in there.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

sorry to hear. saying a prayer for them

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                sorry to hear. saying a prayer for them
                I want to help, but I don't know how to. Maybe send her some baked goods or something, let her know someone is thinking of her.
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  I want to help, but I don't know how to. Maybe send her some baked goods or something, let her know someone is thinking of her.
                  Diabetic so you need to be careful. Make a meal- (casserole/ crock pot thing) that can be reheated like a stew or chili or something. Freeze in individual servings and then they can reheat when they are stressed and don't want to deal with cooking. Or even just a note saying you are thinking of them

Comment

Diabetic so you need to be careful. Make a meal- (casserole/ crock pot thing) that can be reheated like a stew or chili or something. Freeze in individual servings and then they can reheat when they are stressed and don't want to deal with cooking. Or even just a note saying you are thinking of them
                    I am sending a card, making the mother some muffins as well as taking her out to lunch. She's about 45 miles away from me right now, so I'm doing what I can.

Comment

I probably wouldn't send baked goods. Those tend to be the very things that diabetics can't eat. So your showing of sympathy to your friend could cause strife with the daughter, if she's old enough to otherwise eat those treats.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I probably wouldn't send baked goods. Those tend to be the very things that diabetics can't eat. So your showing of sympathy to your friend could cause strife with the daughter, if she's old enough to otherwise eat those treats.
                        And today, my counselor suggested the best thing I could right now is listen and don't try to fix things. The only way I could fix it would be to win Powerball and give her the winnings.

Comment

And today, my counselor suggested the best thing I could right now is listen and don't try to fix things. The only way I could fix it would be to win Powerball and give her the winnings.
                          Speaking as someone who has dealt with people like this for many years sometimes the biggest gift is to listen and just let them vent- don't try to offer solutions, just validate it sucks. No matter how unfair things are they are still happening.

Comment

Speaking as someone who has dealt with people like this for many years sometimes the biggest gift is to listen and just let them vent- don't try to offer solutions, just validate it sucks. No matter how unfair things are they are still happening.
                            I'm taking her out for lunch tomorrow so we can at least talk.

Comment

Friend of mine... her daughter has Type 1 diabetes, and over the last 15 months, daughter has been spending a lot of time in ER with things like DKA and other issues. They've racked up an enormous debt, and Mom is barely hanging in there.
                              My deepest sympathies.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                My deepest sympathies.
                                Bought mom lunch yesterday. She was grateful for the opportunity to get out of the house. And she clarified the difference between Type 1 and 2 diabetes. Daughter has Type 1, which means she can eat pretty much whatever she wants... so I will send some peanut butter fudge.

Comment

Working...
                                X