The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Actually had two interviews today. One was a structured "what did you do in this situation?" interview, while the other was an informal conversation about my accomplishments and how the bakery runs. Learned the average shift runs from about 10 AM to 6 PM, that they run 7 days a week, including holidays, and learned that I'd be given a week of training. If they choose to move forward in the process, I'll be called in for a meeting with the production supervisor. I also learned that Wesco moves very slow in hiring people. If not... oh well.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      Actually had two interviews today. One was a structured "what did you do in this situation?" interview, while the other was an informal conversation about my accomplishments and how the bakery runs. Learned the average shift runs from about 10 AM to 6 PM, that they run 7 days a week, including holidays, and learned that I'd be given a week of training. If they choose to move forward in the process, I'll be called in for a meeting with the production supervisor. I also learned that Wesco moves very slow in hiring people. If not... oh well.

Best of luck to you, SB. Do not let your disorder beat you. You are much better than that and very valuable to the USCHO community, as well as your own. St least you heard something about a job, and this could lead to something big. You said in a previous post that you don't think you could be the head baker. You can. Even if you don't belive that you can, work the hell out of it and make the best bread anyone has ever had. You can certainly do it. And Kepler is right, we can all show up and cause a minor disturbance.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Very best of luck to you, SB. We're all rooting for you. I know 4,267 people who will show up at the other candidates' interviews and chant "that guy sucks!"
        Can I use all of you, too??
        Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

It's been 2 weeks... don't think I got the Wesco job. bummer. However, Social Incites (job coaching agency) encouraged me to apply at a local Meijer, and they will contact said Meijer in hopes of setting up an interview for me.

Also, sh-t is getting real for my dad and I. We got a notice from the City of Muskegon today, saying they were going to foreclose on our house, due to nonpayment of property taxes. So we have until March to either pay up or get out. I'm looking at this as a blessing in disguise. A roof leak has caused the ceiling above the stairs to cave in, as well as the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom to cave. And in talking to a contractor from church, it would be cheaper to move out than to repair the extensive damage.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Some prayers would be appreciated. Lil les heading to the dorm today. After 18 yrs I have to let him fly and the world is not going to revolve around me being a parent every day.

Comment

It's been 2 weeks... don't think I got the Wesco job. bummer. However, Social Incites (job coaching agency) encouraged me to apply at a local Meijer, and they will contact said Meijer in hopes of setting up an interview for me.
              Sorry to hear that. I just wish that companies would be more mindful of how stressful the waiting is on the job applicants, come to decisions more quickly, and communicate with the applicants. We all understand that there’s competition for jobs and as sports fans we understand that you don’t always win, but not even communicating in a the result in some reasonable time frame is unacceptable.

Also, sh-t is getting real for my dad and I. We got a notice from the City of Muskegon today, saying they were going to foreclose on our house, due to nonpayment of property taxes. So we have until March to either pay up or get out. I'm looking at this as a blessing in disguise. A roof leak has caused the ceiling above the stairs to cave in, as well as the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom to cave. And in talking to a contractor from church, it would be cheaper to move out than to repair the extensive damage.
              Haven’t been following this situation and I don’t know the background, but very sorry to hear that. Even if it had a leaky roof and caved-in stairs, it was a home. Hope you dad can find a place to live soon.

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Some prayers would be appreciated. Lil les heading to the dorm today. After 18 yrs I have to let him fly and the world is not going to revolve around me being a parent every day.
              In addition to prayers, pleases accept congratulations on a job that, while not done perfectly, was I’m sure done to the best of your ability. I remember quite vividly looking through tears at that image in the rear view mirror that physically and metaphorically gradually got smaller and more distant. Please remember that interacting with children as adults can be very rewarding, and – if you should be so fortunate – grandparenting is a lot easier than parenting.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                Sorry to hear that. I just wish that companies would be more mindful of how stressful the waiting is on the job applicants, come to decisions more quickly, and communicate with the applicants. We all understand that there’s competition for jobs and as sports fans we understand that you don’t always win, but not even communicating in a the result in some reasonable time frame is unacceptable.

Haven’t been following this situation and I don’t know the background, but very sorry to hear that. Even if it had a leaky roof and caved-in stairs, it was a home. Hope you dad can find a place to live soon.

In addition to prayers, pleases accept congratulations on a job that, while not done perfectly, was I’m sure done to the best of your ability. I remember quite vividly looking through tears at that image in the rear view mirror that physically and metaphorically gradually got smaller and more distant. Please remember that interacting with children as adults can be very rewarding, and – if you should be so fortunate – grandparenting is a lot easier than parenting.
                Well, if that happens in the near future I will be unable to grandparent because I will probably be in jail

God is good. Was totally at t a loss of how to handle this except give it to the guy upstairs. Our friends were visiting from out of state and were here last weekend. The bunch of us decided to go to dinner last night before they left. Filled the void for a bit.

It is amazing just how much is different- what to make for dinner, what to shop for, how much laundry (3 less loads), expecting him to come thru the door, etc. He has had household chores since he was old enough to walk. I now have to do a ton of things I had offloaded or at least relied on him to do stuff if I was busy over the yrs- food shop, go to the farm for milk, sort the laundry, feed the birds, pick the beans, etc, etc.

Lots of stuff I don't have to do- the weekly email for his teams (something that took up hours during the week), ferret out info about what was required for school (his school was atrocious at communicating, even with my networking we were always finding out stuff the school was forgetting to tell people about deadlines, etc). I can make something for dinner, plan to use it for another meal and it will not be disappearing because someone ate it for 'snack'. We can plan when to eat without having to deal with when he has to run, cool down and stretch. Sadly, other than the disappearing left overs, I kind of liked the other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post

That's what I liked about the interview process when I first got out of college. The form rejection letters came quickly.

As for the house, we have some ideas on where we want to go. Ideally, I'd like to stay in the city, and move to a different neighborhood.

BUT... our situation doesn't appear to be getting any better. Last night, on the way home from work, my dad accidentally struck a pedestrian with the car while driving. Sent the victim into the windshield, and the victim died this morning. According to my dad, he had the "green light," the pedestrian tried to cross anyway, and the incident occurred. We don't know what will happen at this time. So far, charges have NOT been filed, and if there's a suit, we're boned. I currently draw disability and he works at a gas station for around $8/hour.

Comment

As for my dad: the Norton Shores PD is still investigating. They're asking potential witnesses to come forward, they're looking at the minivan, and they ran a BAC analysis on my dad to confirm he wasn't drinking at the time of the crash. No, my dad was not drunk (thank God). We talked to the impound lot today. The earliest we could get our minivan back is Tuesday. And then we would have to get the windshield replaced; apparently, driving around like Ace Ventura: Pet Detective is frowned upon in the state of Michigan.

Comment

Update on my dad's situation: he talked to the Norton Shores PD earlier today. We won't be getting our car back for awhile, which means until they finish their investigation, I need to start asking others for rides.

Also, a year has passed since I've had a job of any kind. To say I'm bitter about that is an understatement. I've been trying to get in somewhere, even if it's Wally World/Meijer/Big Box retailer. Social Incites and Michigan Rehab is helping, but I didn't think it would take this long.

And to top it all off, the depression (and multi-car pileup in my brain) isn't helping. It's been a struggle to get out of bed in the morning, my mood rates a 3 out of 10, I'm starting to wonder if Cherie (the one who committed suicide earlier this year) had it right, and I'm believing that hope is nothing more than a liar, a cheat, and a tease. In the words of Hyperbole and a Half writer Allie Brosh:

At first, I'd try to explain that it's not really negativity or sadness anymore, it's more just this detached, meaningless fog where you can't feel anything about anything — even the things you love, even fun things — and you're horribly bored and lonely, but since you've lost your ability to connect with any of the things that would normally make you feel less bored and lonely, you're stuck in the boring, lonely, meaningless void without anything to distract you from how boring, lonely, and meaningless it is.

Comment

Update on my dad's situation: he talked to the Norton Shores PD earlier today. We won't be getting our car back for awhile, which means until they finish their investigation, I need to start asking others for rides.

Also, a year has passed since I've had a job of any kind. To say I'm bitter about that is an understatement. I've been trying to get in somewhere, even if it's Wally World/Meijer/Big Box retailer. Social Incites and Michigan Rehab is helping, but I didn't think it would take this long.

And to top it all off, the depression (and multi-car pileup in my brain) isn't helping. It's been a struggle to get out of bed in the morning, my mood rates a 3 out of 10, I'm starting to wonder if Cherie (the one who committed suicide earlier this year) had it right, and I'm believing that hope is nothing more than a liar, a cheat, and a tease. In the words of Hyperbole and a Half writer Allie Brosh:
                        Please call your psych provider. This is not OK to do by yourself. You need to call.

Comment

Please call your psych provider. This is not OK to do by yourself. You need to call.
                          I'd second that. Please call. Even when it does not seem like it, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Third!

Take care of yourself - please.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I'll add a fourth. You've reached out before for help, it's ok to do it again.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                I'd second that. Please call. Even when it does not seem like it, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
                                Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Third!

Take care of yourself - please.
                                Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                I'll add a fourth. You've reached out before for help, it's ok to do it again.
                                I'm trying to get ahold of my counseling office. My medical, my dietitian, and my counselor are all under one roof. The protocol is to call, leave a message, and they'll call back. Well, I called on Friday, tried again on Tuesday, and waited for a response today. Nothing.

Just know that I am not suicidal right now. My mood is still 3 out of a possible 10, so while it's not great, it's not desperation time yet either. As for the act of suicide itself, I agree with Dorothy Parker:

Razors pain you;
                                Rivers are damp;
                                Acids stain you;
                                And drugs cause cramp.
                                Guns aren’t lawful;
                                Nooses give;
                                Gas smells awful;
                                You might as well live.

Comment

Working...
                                X