Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Originally posted by jen View Post
    If you have some good thoughts or what-have-you to spare, a few extra could be directed my mom's way next week. She was diagnosed with breast cancer last week (was that last week? it feels like a month ago), and her surgery is scheduled for Thursday.
    Prayers for her, you and her medical pit crew. Positive story- my mum was dx at age 47 with breast CA and then at 52 with ovarian CA. She is 82 yrs old, survived both with flying colors and enough energy to cause a whole lot of trouble!

Comment

If you have some good thoughts or what-have-you to spare, a few extra could be directed my mom's way next week. She was diagnosed with breast cancer last week (was that last week? it feels like a month ago), and her surgery is scheduled for Thursday.
      Sorry Jen, good thoughts coming your way. Cancer sucks
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

A lot of survivors here, jen. My wife went through surgery, chemo and radiation for breast cancer eight years ago at the same time I received the same treatments for throat cancer. Things did not look good for us then, but we are still around torturing each other. Modern medicine has a lot of tools to use against cancer, so your mom has a formidable army on her side. And a lot of good thoughts coming her way.

Comment

Thoughts heading your way, jen.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Thoughts and prayers Jen. Again I say **** cancer!
            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Lost my wife to cancer but she fought the good fight for 5 and a half years.

Good luck to your Mum.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                Lost my wife to cancer but she fought the good fight for 5 and a half years.

Good luck to your Mum.
                Sorry to hear that. May she Rest in Peace.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Thanks. They do know it's non-invasive, but they won't know more about treatment until after surgery.

Comment

Thanks. They do know it's non-invasive, but they won't know more about treatment until after surgery.
                    That is good to hear.

Hang in!

Comment

My oldest sister was diagnosed in 2004 with breast cancer. She's had a couple of setbacks since then but she is fighting and still enjoying retirement 12 years later and is doing pretty well. Good luck to your mom and prayers for you and her and her health care team.

Comment

Prayers needed for a friend. Tough situation. She was dx with breast CA (*Cancer!!) has just starting final phase of treatment with radiation. Her daughters left for college (2 for first time) a few weeks ago and now her hubby is in hospital and has been for days. They own their own business and usually she starts at 2:30 in AM, finishes 12 hrs later, then goes for treatment. She is handling the business by herself and then going to hosp where she sleeps in her hubby's room until starting work the next day. I can't even imagine.

Comment

I got the call this morning that my dad has stage IV long cancer that has spread to his brain and adrenal gland. Not looking good, and really won't know more until Monday at the earliest....
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            I got the call this morning that my dad has stage IV long cancer that has spread to his brain and adrenal gland. Not looking good, and really won't know more until Monday at the earliest....
                            Aw shyt, SG. What can a fellow poster say except sorry and do whatever you can to help your dad deal with this. Words and thoughts are all any of us have.

Comment

*cancer. ***cancer.

Saying prayers for you and yours Shirtless Guy.

Just got off the phone with my Auntie's 85 yo neighbor who has no family and has Lung CA. She is the most independent person and is still struggling to be independent while she is physically failing.

***cancer

Comment

Thanks for the prayers. I knew this day would come since my dad smoked for about 40 years and for as long as I was aware of it (20 years?) it was a pack a day. I just had no idea that we would go from "everything is ok" to stage IV in one phone call. Shocking
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X