• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Good luck, Bob!

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      Applied for a job with the US Postal Service as a rural carrier, and have really pushed for full time work.

Now with the Postal Service, I need to take an online assessment by 12/31 and an in-person test by 1/04/16.
      Good luck to you, sir. I've got karmic waves to spare -- I'll send them your way.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Good luck, Bob!
        Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Good luck to you, sir. I've got karmic waves to spare -- I'll send them your way.
        Passed the online assessment going away. That was basically a questionnaire asking how well I work with others, how I work under supervision, and how well I've treated customers.

Now the hard part. I go in for a big test on January 2 in Grand Rapids at 9 AM, and I need to be there by 8:30.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Also applied at a couple manufacturing jobs. One of those places called back today, and they want to interview me too.

My "financial breakthrough" is coming...
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

I scheduled an interview with Shape (manufacturing) on Wednesday morning at 8:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              I scheduled an interview with Shape (manufacturing) on Wednesday morning at 8:30.
              How did the trip to Grand Rapids go?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                How did the trip to Grand Rapids go?
                Passed the exam with a score of 80.40. I had to score 70 or higher to move to the next step.

Felt good enough leaving the exam to play "The Next Episode" by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg at high volume on the way home.

Comment

Had an interview with Shape Corporation today; they're manufacturing. The interview started out great, then took a downturn when she asked if I was "mechanically inclined." I am not.

Oh well... just keep on applying, I guess...

Comment

Nobody needs any prayers?? I do. Found out today that my mom has lung cancer. I don't know any details yet. They will do a PET scan Friday and biopsy on Monday. She will be 86 in two weeks. It never occurred to me that she wouldn't live until at least 90 - she won't see 87. As I and many others have said - **** cancer.
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                      Nobody needs any prayers?? I do. Found out today that my mom has lung cancer. I don't know any details yet. They will do a PET scan Friday and biopsy on Monday. She will be 86 in two weeks. It never occurred to me that she wouldn't live until at least 90 - she won't see 87. As I and many others have said - **** cancer.
                      > that stinks!! ******* cancer. Prayers for you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

If you have some good thoughts or what-have-you to spare, a few extra could be directed my mom's way next week. She was diagnosed with breast cancer last week (was that last week? it feels like a month ago), and her surgery is scheduled for Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                            If you have some good thoughts or what-have-you to spare, a few extra could be directed my mom's way next week. She was diagnosed with breast cancer last week (was that last week? it feels like a month ago), and her surgery is scheduled for Thursday.
                            Thoughts are with you.

My mom was diagnosed in July. But thankfully it was caught early and surgery went well. Currently she is undergoing radiation and will not have to do chemotherapy.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                              Sent. Try to keep her positive, jen.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
                                Thoughts and prayers for your mom Jen.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X