The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Friend of mine who is like a brother to me found out he had cancer last Friday. Today some of the biopsy results came back and he has metastatic lung cancer or in other words advanced cancer. 55 years old with 2 kids and a wife of 25 years. Would appreciate if you could mention him in your prayers. Thanks.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/to...7ee92810f8cead
    Last edited by icehawk; 09-17-2015, 04:27 PM.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Prayers for your friend, his family and you.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Friend of mine who is like a brother to me found out he had cancer last Friday. Today some of the biopsy results came back and he has metastatic lung cancer or in other words advanced cancer. 55 years old with 2 kids and a wife of 25 years. Would appreciate if you could mention him in your prayers. Thanks.

**** cancer. Prayers.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
          Well, that just flat pizzes me off . They can't have good news for everyone, but if they called you in for an interview, IMO they owe a personal response. I guess I'm old-fashioned that way. Unfortunately, it sounds like it's become commonplace.

Good luck with that, and it's nice to know that the extra hours are the result of promotions rather than turnover.
          Got a formal rejection today, with the typical "we'll keep your resume on file" pablum.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
            Got a formal rejection today, with the typical "we'll keep your resume on file" pablum.
            To be fair, places will use resumes that they already have before seeking new ones... That's how I came about my post college internship and my current position... I had previously interviewed and been passed over for someone else.... Things had changed with the choice they went with, so they came back to me...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
              **** cancer. Prayers.
              Can't be said enough, **** cancer
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post

That's awful!

Prayers on the way.
                Originally posted by Priceless
                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                Very well, said.
                Originally posted by Rover
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Had my yearly evaluation today at work. Was rated as a "solid performer," was told I "work very hard," and will be given a raise. Not only that, I will be given temporary full time status, due to the fact we are very short on cart people. The only thing I was told to work on was to "maintain a positive attitude during stressful situations."
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

w000t!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                      Had my yearly evaluation today at work. Was rated as a "solid performer," was told I "work very hard," and will be given a raise. Not only that, I will be given temporary full time status, due to the fact we are very short on cart people. The only thing I was told to work on was to "maintain a positive attitude during stressful situations."
                      Way to go! Keep up the good work. Being a hard worker pays off in many ways.
                      Originally posted by Priceless
                      Good to see you're so reasonable.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                      Very well, said.
                      Originally posted by Rover
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                        Way to go! Keep up the good work. Being a hard worker pays off in many ways.
                        So much for that. All the hours I was promised? They're doing payroll cuts, which means hours are being slashed again. This is what I get for taking my bosses at their word.

SO... time to dig deep, and keep looking for full time work.

Comment

Asking for some good thoughts, prayers, vibes whatever. Having to make some major decisions and changes in the career track. Know it is for the best but right does not always feel comfortable.
                          Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Asking for some good thoughts, prayers, vibes whatever. Having to make some major decisions and changes in the career track. Know it is for the best but right does not always feel comfortable.
                            Thanks all.
                            Best of luck on your decision, les.

As if you really need this advice to make it easier, but once the kid is in college, it's time to put away the pole and toss out the stripper shoes.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Thanks all.
                              If your thoughts about your career are as thoughtful as your posts, I'm sure whatever decision you make will be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Best of luck on your decision, les.

As if you really need this advice to make it easier, but once the kid is in college, it's time to put away the pole and toss out the stripper shoes.
                                That is an ugly thought

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                                If your thoughts about your career are as thoughtful as your posts, I'm sure whatever decision you make will be a good one.
                                Thanks.

Things coming to critical mass very soon, unfortunately. Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X