Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    I'm trying to get ahold of my counseling office. My medical, my dietitian, and my counselor are all under one roof. The protocol is to call, leave a message, and they'll call back. Well, I called on Friday, tried again on Tuesday, and waited for a response today. Nothing.

Just know that I am not suicidal right now. My mood is still 3 out of a possible 10, so while it's not great, it's not desperation time yet either. As for the act of suicide itself, I agree with Dorothy Parker:
    Sounds like my good friend's Pain Clinic. Will return call in 24 hours--has happened once in 2 1/2 years after i got to office manager. Become a pest(my job)--is there a medicalassistant, office manager, or anyone else that sounds like they have some authority?

Hope you have better luck today or tomorrow. You have a lot of people pulling for you.
    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Please call your psych provider. This is not OK to do by yourself. You need to call.
      Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I'd second that. Please call. Even when it does not seem like it, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
      Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Third!

Take care of yourself - please.
      Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      I'll add a fourth. You've reached out before for help, it's ok to do it again.
      Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      Sounds like my good friend's Pain Clinic. Will return call in 24 hours--has happened once in 2 1/2 years after i got to office manager. Become a pest(my job)--is there a medicalassistant, office manager, or anyone else that sounds like they have some authority?

Hope you have better luck today or tomorrow. You have a lot of people pulling for you.
      I do know that they changed schedulers. The person that used to answer the phone is not there any more, which is a shame, because she was good. She never failed to return a call.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I do know that they changed schedulers. The person that used to answer the phone is not there any more, which is a shame, because she was good. She never failed to return a call.
        Glad you tried. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. OK to call again. Tell them your friends are all urging you to call. You can always say your NP friend was up your but to call

Comment

Glad you tried. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. OK to call again. Tell them your friends are all urging you to call. You can always say your NP friend was up your but to call
          Since they didn't call today, I'll try again in the morning.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Since they didn't call today, I'll try again in the morning.
            good. Sound like you mean it. DOn't be polite

Comment

good. Sound like you mean it. DOn't be polite
              If they keep ignoring my phone calls, I'm not hesitant to leave them and go back to my old counselor. Bear in mind I have no issues with the counselor herself, but I do have issues with the office. What kind of office doesn't return phone calls?

In the meantime, I'll just try riding it out. I can run and exercise, I have cuddles with the cats...

Comment

For some reason, thinking of sitting inside a blanket fort, listening to Cloud Cult, Motion City Soundtrack, and maybe Florence and the Machine is elevating my mood from a 3 to a 3.5, maybe a 4. That's just the thought of it. Now imagine ACTUALLY sitting inside a blanket fort and listening to music... that would bring it to a 4.5, maybe a 5. Oooooh.

Comment

Bob - I know how you feel. Just keep chugging away at what you are doing. You might think it is a waste of time, but is will be worth it. I was unemployed for 10 months. I had to deal with 4 rejections in one week. That did hurt, but I still kept chugging. Not just beer, but applying anywhere and everywhere. Do not give in. Just keep swimin'. Keep the head afloat! I am here for you if you need anything.
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I finally reached a LIVE person at my doctor/counseling office and managed to schedule a counseling appointment for next week Wednesday. I wanted to rip into the behavioral health nurse, but I held my tongue...

Also, I have an interview with Designer Shoe Warehouse Friday at 2:30.

Comment

Good news: Sam's Club held open interviews today for a bunch of positions, including lot associate (carts and front end garbage). My old boss clued me into the interviews, and she thought I'd be good for the carts. So after the interview today, which I passed, she (or someone from Sam's Club) will be calling for next steps, including a drug screen and background check.

It's not much, and it starts on a 90 day probationary period, but at least it's 90 days of work, and I can look for other positions elsewhere while working for Sam's Club.

Comment

Prayers / pagan sacrifices to the tree gods / quiet contemplation of the beauty of natural processes unencumbered by superstition requested for my Mother-In-Law, who was diagnosed Friday with an aneurysm and was at the Georgetown hospital for bleeding into the brain.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Prayers / pagan sacrifices to the tree gods / quiet contemplation of the beauty of natural processes unencumbered by superstition requested for my Mother-In-Law, who was diagnosed Friday with an aneurysm and was at the Georgetown hospital for bleeding into the brain.
                          Will send good thoughts to both of you.

Comment

Good news: Sam's Club held open interviews today for a bunch of positions, including lot associate (carts and front end garbage). My old boss clued me into the interviews, and she thought I'd be good for the carts. So after the interview today, which I passed, she (or someone from Sam's Club) will be calling for next steps, including a drug screen and background check.

It's not much, and it starts on a 90 day probationary period, but at least it's 90 days of work, and I can look for other positions elsewhere while working for Sam's Club.
                            Sounds like a good opportunity! Praying it all goes well for you!
                            Originally posted by Priceless
                            Good to see you're so reasonable.
                            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                            Very well, said.
                            Originally posted by Rover
                            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Can't do much with the tree gods for you my friend ( ), but I'll be sending up prayers for your mother-in-law and you and your wife.
                              Originally posted by Priceless
                              Good to see you're so reasonable.
                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                              Very well, said.
                              Originally posted by Rover
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                                Sounds like a good opportunity! Praying it all goes well for you!

Also, this is good: My dad talked to the prosecutor's office, we should be getting our car out of impound this week, as early as Wednesday. So far, there have been no charges filed, but we're waiting for the official word.

Comment

Working...
                                X