Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    One year ago today at about this time, I found out my dad had an accident, and that it was likely cancer. Earlier today he lost his battle with cancer.
    I'm so sorry, Shirtless.

Comment

sorry man....
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Sorry Shirtless Guy

Comment

I am so sorry to hear.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

One year ago today at about this time, I found out my dad had an accident, and that it was likely cancer. Earlier today he lost his battle with cancer.
            Terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. Having unexpectedly lost my own father some months ago, I understand what a tremendously difficult time this can be. Godspeed to your father and the best to you and your loved ones.

I was recently reflecting on how most of us not only as boys, but also as men, spend a good deal of time (both consciously and subconsciously) seeking the approval of our father's to varying degrees. I think in part because of this, when at first my father, who was also my best friend, was no longer there, I felt a bit set adrift. But what I have come to find is that this familiar underlying feeling that demands of us to do things in such ways that would make our father's proud of us, remains well intact. It may sound a bit odd as at times in life this feeling can be rather burdensome, but I think I now take a good bit of comfort knowing that my father will remain present with me in that way (at the very least) all the days of my life. Hope in time you will come to find comfort in your own way as well.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. Having unexpectedly lost my own father some months ago, I understand what a tremendously difficult time this can be. Godspeed to your father and the best to you and your loved ones.

I was recently reflecting on how most of us not only as boys, but also as men, spend a good deal of time (both consciously and subconsciously) seeking the approval of our father's to varying degrees. I think in part because of this, when at first my father, who was also my best friend, was no longer there, I felt a bit set adrift. But what I have come to find is that this familiar underlying feeling that demands of us to do things in such ways that would make our father's proud of us, remains well intact. It may sound a bit odd as at times in life this feeling can be rather burdensome, but I think I now take a good bit of comfort knowing that my father will remain present with me in that way (at the very least) all the days of my life. Hope in time you will come to find comfort in your own way as well.
              Thank you for that. The biggest thing I've been overcome with so far is just feeling alone and lost. It feels so strange saying that when at the same time I'm surrounded by my family.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Sorry Shirtless. **** cancer!
                Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Thank you for that. The biggest thing I've been overcome with so far is just feeling alone and lost. It feels so strange saying that when at the same time I'm surrounded by my family.
                  Having only experienced this once, I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. It is the worst feeling in the world, that level of isolation. Please know that we are here and thinking of you.

Comment

• Got a friend fighting breast cancer. At least they caught it early.

Got a friend with lymphoma. Currently doing well, but is walking a tight rope.

My RD from NMU... her sister has stage 4 colon cancer.

And a friend from high school, his daughter has leukemia. His daughter is 5.

**** cancer.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

* Cancer sideways!

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        * Cancer sideways!
                        Lost another friend to endometrial cancer.
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

* cancer

Comment

***** Cancer...

On that note, our columnist, Mike Anlietner decided to take a stab at his best Mitch Albom today. I thought all of you dealing with stuff might want to read it:
                            An Old Dog in Texas: Things That Really Matter
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• A friend of mine from NMU: was pregnant. But was found unresponsive one night. Taken to the hospital. She's gone; passed away on New Year's Day. They performed a C-section to save the baby, but the baby's on life support with anoxic brain activity. Complicating matters is that the baby's in Grand Rapids while the husband is in the Keewenaw.

Heartbroken doesn't begin to describe I'm feeling.

Comment

So sorry to hear this...

Comment

Working...
                                X