Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Board closed the first one.

An update on my work with Michigan Rehabilitational Services: the second half of my psychological evaluation is scheduled for next week Wednesday at 3 PM. I also asked what I can do in terms of job searching, and in essence, I was told to be patient while they figure out which direction to take said job search.

How long, O Lord?
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Board closed the first one.

An update on my work with Michigan Rehabilitational Services: the second half of my psychological evaluation is scheduled for next week Wednesday at 3 PM. I also asked what I can do in terms of job searching, and in essence, I was told to be patient while they figure out which direction to take said job search.

How long, O Lord?
    I think there are about a hundred lines in the Bible that answer- as long as it takes. Glad you are on the road to working it out.

Lil les graduated last night. Big Grad shindig today. He got home from the post prom thing at 4:45AM and now he is dead to the world.

It is a beautiful day. The sun is shining through the trees. There is a gentle breeze making the leaves whisper and the birds are chirping. The yard and gardens look glorious. Everything is coming into bloom.

Later on today we have a lot of people coming to celebrate. Realized as I walked around the yard with my coffee, how truly blessed lil is, and we as parents, are. How he has been surrounded by loving people, from so many parts of his life and how they are coming together today, some from far away and some from down the street. Some of you all have 'listened' to the trials and difficulties and have been so supportive. Feeling very, very thankful and overwhelmingly grateful.

Comment

Hang in there Bob!

Congrats on the celebrations les. It is good to stop and recognize the many blessings that come along in life.
      Originally posted by Priceless
      Good to see you're so reasonable.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
      Very well, said.
      Originally posted by Rover
      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Took the other half of the psychological evaluation today, as well as reviewed the personality assessment I took a couple weeks ago. According to the shrink running the test, she said my current depressive state is so bad, it's like the medication I am on isn't even working.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Took the other half of the psychological evaluation today, as well as reviewed the personality assessment I took a couple weeks ago. According to the shrink running the test, she said my current depressive state is so bad, it's like the medication I am on isn't even working.
          I know how you feel. I feel at times like my meds are not working too. It is one of those things that you have to keep plugging at. Just remember that you are on the right path and don't give up. I cannot stress that enough. Don't give up.
          Originally posted by Skeeterman
          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Sometimes, when I am despondent or discouraged, this song helps me feel a little better....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mVQGQ0wh7eY

PS the song was recorded before that Kevin Spacey / Helen Hunt / Haley Joel Osment movie was made....
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
              I know how you feel. I feel at times like my meds are not working too. It is one of those things that you have to keep plugging at. Just remember that you are on the right path and don't give up. I cannot stress that enough. Don't give up.
              That being said, I have a doctor's appointment on the 24th. Hopefully, we can adjust the dosage or change the medication entirely, something to get me out of this hole. Until then, I just need to ride it out.

Comment

I'm being weaned off Prozac and being put on something else. I learned that Prozac only targets one brain receptor, while this new medicine targets five.

If I can't be "happy," maybe I can be "okay." If I can be okay, then there's a little bit of hope.

Comment

As for my work with Michigan Rehabilitation Services, we filed a "job plan" and they're going to connect me with an organization called Social Incites for job development. All of this means we (my caseworker, Social Incites, and I) will be working together to find a job for me.

And about the type of job we're going to find, our goal is listed as "Baker- Bread and Pastry." While I don't think I could be the head baker, I could definitely do other stuff, such as packaging or getting food ready to go in the oven.

Comment

Good news: I have an interview with Wesco Bakery this Friday at 11 AM. It is part time, and the pay is only $8/hour, but it would be a job in a bakery, which is something I've wanted. Also, Wesco is looking for someone long-term, which means if I get this job, I'd be able to put money away and move away from my dad.

Comment

Good news: I have an interview with Wesco Bakery this Friday at 11 AM. It is part time, and the pay is only $8/hour, but it would be a job in a bakery, which is something I've wanted. Also, Wesco is looking for someone long-term, which means if I get this job, I'd be able to put money away and move away from my dad.
                      Best of luck SB.

Comment

That sounds great! Praying for a good result for you on friday.
                        Originally posted by Priceless
                        Good to see you're so reasonable.
                        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                        Very well, said.
                        Originally posted by Rover
                        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Good luck Bob

I had two phone interviews last week with a minor league hockey team. Waiting to hear about an in-person and an offer. [fingers crossed]
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Very best of luck to you, SB. We're all rooting for you. I know 4,267 people who will show up at the other candidates' interviews and chant "that guy sucks!"
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                              Best of luck SB.
                              Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                              That sounds great! Praying for a good result for you on friday.
                              Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                              Good luck Bob

I had two phone interviews last week with a minor league hockey team. Waiting to hear about an in-person and an offer. [fingers crossed]
                              Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Very best of luck to you, SB. We're all rooting for you. I know 4,267 people who will show up at the other candidates' interviews and chant "that guy sucks!"
                              Thank you. I was relieved when the interviewer said "long-term." With Crossmark, they never offered enough hours, and with Wal-Mart, while they offered enough hours, it was only temporary, which meant financially, I couldn't think beyond the here and now.

Comment

Working...
                              X