The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Prayers would be appreciated for AUntie les- she had surgery this past week and has had unexplained increasing confusion. The are doing a w/u but they don't know cause

Comment

This has been a long time coming, and instead of giving a long, flowery post, I'll just cut to the heart of it.

I am coming out to you as bisexual and transgender male-to-female, taking the name Amber Marie. On March 13, I saw the endocrinologist, and I was put on estrogen and testosterone blockers. Many changes are coming, including mood swings.

There are places I will post pictures, including Facebook and Instagram (bobambermarie), and will be writing extensively about it on my blog (link in signature).

I want you to know I have a wonderful support system, including a trans support group here in Holland, as well as PFLAG and Out On The Lakeshore, an LGBT support center.

Of course I've received vitriol. My aunt flat out disowned me, I've been told I can "control my tendencies and that no one is really LGBT," etc. But these people are few and far between.

As for this board, I will change my username. I'm leaning toward MissThundercat, as that's a name I've received from endurance races.

Thank you for understanding.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

You have my family's support and best wishes, and full welcome and embrace of your identity. I admire your bravery and strength. Ignore the haters -- they are suffocating under the ash heap of their own bigotry.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          This has been a long time coming, and instead of giving a long, flowery post, I'll just cut to the heart of it.

I am coming out to you as bisexual and transgender male-to-female, taking the name Amber Marie. On March 13, I saw the endocrinologist, and I was put on estrogen and testosterone blockers. Many changes are coming, including mood swings.

There are places I will post pictures, including Facebook and Instagram (bobambermarie), and will be writing extensively about it on my blog (link in signature).

I want you to know I have a wonderful support system, including a trans support group here in Holland, as well as PFLAG and Out On The Lakeshore, an LGBT support center.

Of course I've received vitriol. My aunt flat out disowned me, I've been told I can "control my tendencies and that no one is really LGBT," etc. But these people are few and far between.

As for this board, I will change my username. I'm leaning toward MissThundercat, as that's a name I've received from endurance races.

Wish for nothing but happiness and strength for you. For the rest of us I wish for a world where someday we can embrace each other for all and everything each of us are.

Comment

Best wishes on your journey to find yourself. Never let another’s measure be the measure of yourself.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Wish for nothing but happiness and strength for you. For the rest of us I wish for a world where someday we can embrace each other for all and everything each of us are.
              THis.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Best wishes on your journey to find yourself. Never let another’s measure be the measure of yourself.
                Same!
                Just added Bob on insta so I can follow

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Amber -- best wishes for a smooth transition. Please know that tcbg and I think of you often and both admire your courage as you embark on this adventure. Please let either of us know if there is anything we can do to support you.

Comment

I can't really add more than what has already been said. Know that you have a second family here at USCHO. I admire your strength and respect you for knowing who you are. It's more than many people can say.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

To thine own self be true. Good luck in your journey.
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Agree with all the prior comments. Good luck in this journey and i hope it brings you inner peace and happiness.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Great name(s)!
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Here's a rundown of all the changes that will be happening. Already noticed one of them.

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the support. It's been hard, if not impossible, to wipe the smile off my face after starting HRT.
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Major step forward tonight: presented in full and used the women's room.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Major step forward tonight: presented in full and used the women's room.
                                Awesome! Rock out with your...

Well. You know.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X