X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    that does not sound pleasant.
    The worst thing about the whole ordeal so far was the 2 nights I had to spend in the hospital.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      Had right hip replacement last Friday and got out of the hospital on Sun. Started PT(pain and torture)on Tues and she put me through my paces. The therapist said she was impressed by what I was able to do.
      When my Mom had hip replacement the drugs they gave her made her wake up in full on John Nash bug-eyed paranoid mode. It was really, really sad and scary -- as if an entirely different personalty took over. It lasted almost 2 full days and we were starting to fear it was going to be permanent when she snapped out of it.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        When my Mom had hip replacement the drugs they gave her made her wake up in full on John Nash bug-eyed paranoid mode. It was really, really sad and scary -- as if an entirely different personalty took over. It lasted almost 2 full days and we were starting to fear it was going to be permanent when she snapped out of it.
        My AUntie had that. Thought people had locked her in a barn and lit it on fire but she couldn't leave becausae they would shoot her. it was awful.

Comment

My AUntie had that. Thought people had locked her in a barn and lit it on fire but she couldn't leave becausae they would shoot her. it was awful.
          Yes.

My Mom would act completely fine and pleasant around the nurses and then whisper to me, "don't trust any of these people, they're trying to steal the house." She'd tell me to go to the house to "check that it's still there." As in, physically there, on its foundation.

It was terrifying because everything about her affect was still Mom, a few of the wires were just Closed For Repair.

I would explain everything very carefully -- my Mom was a career RN so she knew the drill -- and she'd nod and then tell me to take the keys and go look...
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Yikes!!! They gave me generic Celebrex, aspirin, and 10mg Oxy which I took one of and promptly put in the dresser drawer. Like I said, it really hasn't been all that bad.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Yikes!!! They gave me generic Celebrex, aspirin, and 10mg Oxy which I took one of and promptly put in the dresser drawer. Like I said, it really hasn't been all that bad.
              I strongly suspect it was the combo with the other 18 things she was on at the same time for low blood pressure, migraine, clotting, etc...

All this for a lady who would have made a perfect Russian Orthodox priest. She always kinda resented sulfa drugs because if you get syphilis that's God's judgment. My Mom is a strange chick.
              Cornell University

Comment

My friend with the Type 1 diabetic daughter? Mom understands that "you are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choice." The daughter, on the other hand... has to be reminded daily of how tenuous the situation is. She really doesn't want to do what's necessary for, you know, being alive.

And a good friend of mine from college, one that I still talk to on a regular basis, has been diagnosed with breast cancer.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The little kiddo who is our Hockey Team Impact player is post liver transplant. He is experiencing 'mild rejection' and the just started giving him treatment. Asking for prayers, good vibes etc. He is the cutest, most personable kiddo. Praying he is OK

Comment

Last week my cousin (41 years old) had a sudden heart attack. Collapsed at her home in the morning while she and her kids were getting ready for the day. Her oldest son (14) began CPR (having been trained in boy scouts and by her husbands father who was a firefighter). Meanwhile, the middle son ran to a neighbor for help who then called 911. The oldest continued to perform CPR until medics arrived. This was a massive heart attack. It put her into a coma and just before the weekend they were ready to take her off life support. However, she began so breathe on her own. They left life support on for the time being. However, later tests would show that the damage was done. She had brainstem activity but no brain activity is what I am told. Her husband was given the choice of removing her from life support for good, or finding a long term care facility to care for her until she passed. Ultimately, the choice was made to remove her from life support last night. She hung on for about 3 hours before passing away. Please keep my cousin Angie, her husband Jeremy and their 3 children and the rest of my family in your thoughts as we deal with this difficult time. Thank you.

Comment

That is awful. Prayers for your family and you. Sometimes things don't make sense

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                        Last week my cousin (41 years old) had a sudden heart attack. Collapsed at her home in the morning while she and her kids were getting ready for the day. Her oldest son (14) began CPR (having been trained in boy scouts and by her husbands father who was a firefighter). Meanwhile, the middle son ran to a neighbor for help who then called 911. The oldest continued to perform CPR until medics arrived. This was a massive heart attack. It put her into a coma and just before the weekend they were ready to take her off life support. However, she began so breathe on her own. They left life support on for the time being. However, later tests would show that the damage was done. She had brainstem activity but no brain activity is what I am told. Her husband was given the choice of removing her from life support for good, or finding a long term care facility to care for her until she passed. Ultimately, the choice was made to remove her from life support last night. She hung on for about 3 hours before passing away. Please keep my cousin Angie, her husband Jeremy and their 3 children and the rest of my family in your thoughts as we deal with this difficult time. Thank you.
                        I am so proud of your cousins' children for acting that way. They should be celebrated even if the outcome is devastating. I am so sorry for your loss, though. Life is grossly unfair.

Comment

Hi all. Asking for prayers/good thoughts, vibes for my best friend from HS. She lives on St Croix and it looks like they are going to take a direct hit from Hurricane Irma. They can't leave the island. Praying she, her family and all those who are there are safe! Things look like they are going to get very, very bad

Comment

Hi all. Asking for prayers/good thoughts, vibes for my best friend from HS. She lives on St Croix and it looks like they are going to take a direct hit from Hurricane Irma. They can't leave the island. Praying she, her family and all those who are there are safe! Things look like they are going to get very, very bad
                            THey made it thru the last one but now they are looking like they will be slammed this time. So worried. Any prayers, good vibes, thoughts appreciated!

Comment

One year ago today at about this time, I found out my dad had an accident, and that it was likely cancer. Earlier today he lost his battle with cancer.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Oh I'm so sorry. I don't normally post in here but you and your family will be in my thoughts.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X