The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Good Thoughts and Prayers Needed Thread 2

what Bob and les said. **** **** **** cancer!! I lost a good friend to it this September. in his fifties. the agony the patient goes through (sometimes the treatment IS worse than the disease), the suffering of family and friends, the helplessness of the medical community to heal. GAWD!!! * cancer. /end rant.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

MEUSA's daughter and in-laws just had a horrible fire. Prayers for them all. There is a go fund me page started. Please give. Such a tragedy.
      http://www.gofundme.com/hvtzg4?fb_ac...2fb_cr_n%22%5D

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        A few, actually. With Thanksgiving around the corner, I'll be picking up much more hours, which means the numbers on that check will be much larger.

However, my anxiety disorder kicks up at work. Has me worried that I won't pass the 90 day eval, that I'm being set up to fail, that sort of thing, and I've been unable to quiet these thoughts...
        Sure enough, my mind was screwing with me. Had the eval today, and I passed, rating as a "solid performer" and an "asset to the Club." This means I'm off probation and am now permanent.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Sure enough, my mind was screwing with me. Had the eval today, and I passed, rating as a "solid performer" and an "asset to the Club." This means I'm off probation and am now permanent.
          Congrats, that's awesome! Those hefty holiday hour paychecks will be extra nice too.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

w00000t!1!!1!!1!!!

Comment

Good for you SB!

I need some thoughts. People know that I cannot stand my job. Well, I have been having massive anxiety attacks. At home it is ok, but they have been happening at work more often. The warehouse is becoming my second office. I went to the doctor yesterday and he knows the cause of this anxiety is my job. The CEO uses me as a scapegoat and if I do something right, a 1000 other things go wrong. If something is out of my control, it is still my fault.

As a result, my doctor is increasing my meds and prescribing me short term disability for just over a month to give me time to find a new job. I think it might work as when I got home from the doctor, there were more job openings than there have been all week. I asked HR what I need to do to move forward, then by boss texts me asking if this was a direct result of a conversation that took place earlier in the day. I told him that and the past 5 months. I cannot do anything right. It will be nice to get away from it all to find another place of employment. Wish me luck.
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                Good for you SB!

I need some thoughts. People know that I cannot stand my job. Well, I have been having massive anxiety attacks. At home it is ok, but they have been happening at work more often. The warehouse is becoming my second office. I went to the doctor yesterday and he knows the cause of this anxiety is my job. The CEO uses me as a scapegoat and if I do something right, a 1000 other things go wrong. If something is out of my control, it is still my fault.

As a result, my doctor is increasing my meds and prescribing me short term disability for just over a month to give me time to find a new job. I think it might work as when I got home from the doctor, there were more job openings than there have been all week. I asked HR what I need to do to move forward, then by boss texts me asking if this was a direct result of a conversation that took place earlier in the day. I told him that and the past 5 months. I cannot do anything right. It will be nice to get away from it all to find another place of employment. Wish me luck.
                Sending good thoughts and prayers your way

Comment

I know it's short notice, but any good thoughts for my performance review this afternoon would be nice. I like the stability of my job (no winter layoffs), but my boss is often a micro-managing PITA and he's nitpicking my work (although not quite as bad as LWB )
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Excellent! Way to go!
                    Originally posted by Priceless
                    Good to see you're so reasonable.
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                    Very well, said.
                    Originally posted by Rover
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Well never mind. Getting moved off the City project come February, but have been told that I have a safety net in place by my home company for future work. Was unable to confirm with my company though.

I'm scarilly relieved that I won't be a part of that bureaucratic nightmare anymore.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Wondering how LWB is doing.... hope things went OK

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Wondering how LWB is doing.... hope things went OK
                          Thanks les!

Update: CEO does not like it one bit. He thinks I am mad at the President. I am mad at both. The President understands the situation. I left the office around 10am with all the paperwork needed. I do have to go back on Wednesday evening to go over some of my responsibilities, but that is it. Hopefully, I do not have to go back again.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                            Thanks les!

Update: CEO does not like it one bit. He thinks I am mad at the President. I am mad at both. The President understands the situation. I left the office around 10am with all the paperwork needed. I do have to go back on Wednesday evening to go over some of my responsibilities, but that is it. Hopefully, I do not have to go back again.
                            Good to hear. Good for you making the change. Not easy.

Comment

Everyone please double check that your smoke detectors in your homes are functional. If you don't have them, go get some. I had a somewhat distant cousin die in a house fire today. He likely would have gotten out if he had them,

Comment

that is 2 people on here in the last few weeks. Prayers for the family

Comment

Working...
                                X