Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my teeth!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Is there any doubt that the Kings are on about the most "fortunate" (won't call it lucky) playoff run ever.

Not saying they aren't good or that you don't make your own luck to some extent, but I've never seen a team have more fortunate bounces and puck luck than this team has during these playoffs.

They score with .5 seconds left?

After all of the other bounces, seeing-eye shots and deflections/blocks that go right to a wide open team mate's stick that have resulted in goals these playoffs?

Just give em the Cup now. It's their year.
    Sounds like sour grapes dude. Just sayin'. The Kings are bringing it, period. And Jeff Carter is on a snipe hot streak. (Imagine if Joe Thorton ever had a playoff series like that.)

Best Team in Hockey Right Now = The LA Kings

Second Best Team = Chicago Blackhawks. That and $1.90 will buy you a...
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Finals - I'm so Anze about how Quick Hank is, I'm Nashing my tee

Shots 31-15, score 3-0 the other way.

Are the shots indicative of the way the game has gone (NY dominating, Kings getting lucky, Quick coming up big)? I'm on a plane, haven't seen any of it.

Comment

It felt like the Rangers could have played the whole game 7 on 4 and they wouldn't have scored.

Comment

If a team has ever deserved a 3-0 series lead less, I'd be surprised.
          Cornell University Men's Hockey
          NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Sounds like sour grapes dude. Just sayin'. The Kings are bringing it, period. And Jeff Carter is on a snipe hot streak. (Imagine if Joe Thorton ever had a playoff series like that.)

Best Team in Hockey Right Now = The LA Kings

Second Best Team = Chicago Blackhawks. That and $1.90 will buy you a...

Not sour grapes at all. It's the truth.

Others here agree.

I'm good. I have no emotional investment in this series or playoffs anymore.

I'll be just as happy if the Kings win as I will if the Rangers do... which is the level of meh.

No villain in this series like Vancouver.

Further... I said it in the last thread that the Hawks lost coz they didn't bother to play with WCF level intensity till the 5th game of the third series. Had nothing to do with the Kings getting puck luck other than that's how the Kings happened to score.

Make no mistake, the two best teams played last round and unfortunately only one of the two played their best all 7 games. That's just a fact. And even if the Hawks had played their best, they still could easily have lost to the Kings - that's how good the Kings are.

The fact that the Hawks didn't sealed their well deserved fate and tee times.

I have no patience for my teams when they don't bring their best effort and start and end with the blame right there.

Luck, the refs, a cheap shot, whatever. None of that matters until after you first give it your absolute best effort.
            Last edited by Gurtholfin; 06-09-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

IMO, Kings are doing just enough to win. This is probably shown by them going 7 games in each series. Have they gotten lucky bounces/breaks? Sure. So did CO, and look where they are now.

Every team gets them. It's how they capitalize on them that makes the difference.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This series so far feels like the first two games in the Minnesota-Chicago series. The Wild were doing all they could, and were getting jack squat for it. Gotta love NHL playoffs...
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Brad Richards making the buyout decision for the Rangers a very easy one. He is gone. Money needs to be spent to keep young core of this team together. Has been a great season and a great run through the Eastern Conference. Puck luck or not, the Kings are a better team and Quick is more of a money goaltender than Hank. Crowd at Garden last night gave all they could even at 2-0. After the 3rd goal, very deflated. Not being a pessimist but don't think the Rangers have a lot left in the tank and don't see this series going back to LA. Very hard for me to get motivated to attend this game but its been 20 years since their last appearence, so might as well see what happens, even if it means seeing the cup awarded to the opposing team on Garden ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    Brad Richards making the buyout decision for the Rangers a very easy one. He is gone. Money needs to be spent to keep young core of this team together. Has been a great season and a great run through the Eastern Conference. Puck luck or not, the Kings are a better team and Quick is more of a money goaltender than Hank. Crowd at Garden last night gave all they could even at 2-0. After the 3rd goal, very deflated. Not being a pessimist but don't think the Rangers have a lot left in the tank and don't see this series going back to LA. Very hard for me to get motivated to attend this game but its been 20 years since their last appearence, so might as well see what happens, even if it means seeing the cup awarded to the opposing team on Garden ice.
                    After game 4 in the 1979 Cup final, the Garden rose as one and gave the Rangers a standing ovation. We all knew the series would end in game 5.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                      Brad Richards making the buyout decision for the Rangers a very easy one. He is gone.
                      Unless Richards had scored every single game winning goal in the Finals then he should and needs to be gone. His contract is simply unwieldy as he ages and there is no way he will play out it's length. In everyone's reality except Richard fanboys and Sather's feeble mind, he should be bought out no matter what he did this season.
                      My Four Favorite teams:
                      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattS View Post
                        Unless Richards had scored every single game winning goal in the Finals then he should and needs to be gone. His contract is simply unwieldy as he ages and there is no way he will play out it's length. In everyone's reality except Richard fanboys and Sather's feeble mind, he should be bought out no matter what he did this season.
                        Agree 100%. I just think if the Rangers won the cup and he played well, it would have made it a tougher decision.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                          Agree 100%. I just think if the Rangers won the cup and he played well, it would have made it a tougher decision.
                          Agreed. Sentiment would make it tougher although the economics of it would stay the same.
                          My Four Favorite teams:
                          RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                          Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Great play by Stralman to keep the puck out of the net.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Rangers aren't going gently into that good night.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                                The Rangers aren't going gently into that good night.
                                They will not vanish without a fight! They're going to live on! They're going to survive!
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X